• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two new special 3DS XL for Europe: Luigi and Zelda A Link Between Worlds

Tenki

noob question: does the XL use the same ac adapter as the normal 3DS? does the xl have more space for downloads?

1. Yes, the AC adapter is the same.

2. 3DS comes with a 2Gb SD card. 3DS XL comes with a 4Gb card. Anyway, you can just buy a bigger SD card.

tsab

dat gold zelda. I love the triforce thing they are doing with the back. I would love to have but not carrying it around every day. The Luigi one on the other hand seems awesome, too bad I already have a red xl.

Majoras-Mask-3DS-XL.jpg

don't tease me man :(

The Zelda one is amazing.

Pity I already have the other Zelda 3DS. This one doesn't match my Zelda Wii U.

I bet it will match the new Zelda Wii U when it releases in 2+ years

Offtopic:
Btw does anybody know where to find that Virtual Boy sticker for the red xl?

L~A

noob question: does the XL use the same ac adapter as the normal 3DS? does the xl have more space for downloads?

Yup, same AC Adapter as DSi / DSi XL / 3DS, and the Wiimote Rapid Charge accessory, apparently. Personally, I'd love if Nintendo went USB mini route for their next console, so you wouldn't even need an AC adapter, but that's a bit OT.

3DS XL comes with a 4GB SD Card, which should be somewhat ok, unless you're planning to go all-digital.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
if they'll do a limited edition 3DS for MM 3D, I swear that I'll buy all the Zelda 3DS they'll have done: the Oot one (black with golden lines), the ALBW one and the obvious purple MM one.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeesh, the gold interior really made me appreciate my all black XL. The 3DS just disappears and allows you to focus more on the game screen.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
FUCK I need that Zelda one. That's actually a very clever design

back to selling my two months old XL on Ebay...bloody hell, Nintendo

LAA

Damn, that Zelda 3DS XL is one awesome 3DS XL...
I very nearly was fully committed to sell my 3DS XL for it, but... the gold interior is what's putting me off. That and the fact Zelda is coming in download form.
If only the interior wasnt gold.

Sushigod7

I'd grab that Luigi if I was buying a new system I like the looks of it the Zelda one is awesome but not into the gold myself great design though. Hope we start seeing BF deals for NA coming soon I'm holding off on that Wind Waker HD bundle till we do.

edit: if we get a Majora's Mask 3DS next holiday season I'm all over that!!!

Oh man, that Zelda 3DS... So good, fucking hell. Makes me wish I hadn't bought the Fire Emblem 3DS XL but I kinda had to jump into the 3DS world with that game.

Dr Dogg

Misread the title as 2DS special and came in here to be disappointed. Now I'm battling with myself to try and justify getting another 3DS. Gaudy gold interior or not I've become so fickle with anything Zelda you could put the Hyrillian crest on tea coasters and I'd snap them up (officially licensed of course).

Haines

Banned
That Zelda one would pro be the first Special Edition console I will ever buy...if hands on impressions say the gold inside looks good in person. I like the white inside of my 3DS now.

meow

I really like them both. I love that one little Mario on the Luigi XL.

If this comes to NA there's no way I can get both a Wii U and another 3DS though...darn it!!

Top Bottom