• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TxK |OT| Feel Cosmic All the Time (aka next-gen Tempest 2000 on Vita)

Euro PS blog has an article up about this, reposting Jeff Minter's article about the history of how it came about. Was an interesting read on his website, so it's good that it is getting a wider audience.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/02/11/neo-retro-ps-vita-shoot-em-txk-launches-tomorrow/

Yeah I read that on it site yesterday as you say, nice to see it posted to a wider audience. Still no mention of price though, i'm thinking £7.99 and hopeful for a + discount, although I will be getting it whatever the price.

panda-zebra

Yeah I read that on it site yesterday as you say, nice to see it posted to a wider audience. Still no mention of price though, i'm thinking £7.99 and hopeful for a + discount, although I will be getting it whatever the price.

I'd feel bad paying just £7.99 or less for this game. Can't. Fucking. Wait. Reading the reactions in this thread I really hope Llamasoft do well with this and hope Sony have to double take at the sales numbers, that would be icing.

Is the SEN Vita page a good place to be checking for it? Hitting reload there seems simpler than keep searching around on the Vita.The only time I've been this hyped for some time was November 29th. Need to go out and get some air!

Shaneus

I'd feel bad paying just £7.99 or less for this game. Can't. Fucking. Wait. Reading the reactions in this thread I really hope Llamasoft do well with this and hope Sony have to double take at the sales numbers, that would be icing.

Is the SEN Vita page a good place to be checking for it? Hitting reload there seems simpler than keep searching around on the Vita.The only time I've been this hyped for some time was November 29th. Need to go out and get some air!
I'm just endlessly searching on the SEN store on PC :(

SmokyDave

Forgot to bring my Vita to the office. Feels bad, man.

I hope the story updates early for you cats more fortunate than myself.

Shaneus

OP updated with even more PSN IDs. There are stacks of us now!

Edit: Any news on an OST release?
I know people are pushing for something on Bandcamp, but no idea what stage it's at. But you can bet your sheep that once it's known, I'll link it all up in the OP.

Sigh. These types of games are fun but I can only take my skills so far. I was hoping this would be a little more assecible than Space Giraffe. I guess it is somewhat but I always feel like I'm struggling against the controls in these games. My brain often flips left and right - usually when I really want to get a power up. Ugh!
I'm exactly the same... apparently having bad left/right-brain co-ordination is an ADHD thing. So I actually get some weird, pleasurable kick out of it (almost endorphin-y) when I can overcome that spatial awareness glitch in my grey matter. Stick with it :)

tale should be tail..

but guys.. this game is crazy... good..

google translate mashes up my danish review here.. http://translate.google.com/transla...hp/anmeldelser/1-spil/343-anmeldelse-txk.html even my name gets translated.. lol..
Are you okay if I post the translated link (along with the original) in the OP with a translated quote? Don't want to make your article look like it was poorly written, but I'll make sure I mention it was translated :)

Shaneus

Shaneus, have you picked up Surge Deluxe yet? That's another great high score game. I've been enjoying that whilst waiting for this to drop.
Thanks for the tip, will definitely get. Having such a powerful handheld in the Vita for some reason makes developers want to make console-esque games. To hell with that, I say! I want classic, arcadey, addictive handheld gaming turned up to fucking 11. Way it's looking, Vita is going to be king in that regard... even across most other platforms bar PC.

Number45

Bsqbdwd.png

Ffffffffffffffffffffffff

Skyzard

Banned
Way too early still guys right? I think all your posts about checking the store woke me up early.

At least it will only be like 100mb when it's up!

Number45

Jeff Minter has just tweeted that the soundtrack will be made available to buy, with profits being shared between the musicians.

EDIT: He's also quoting GAF, I've just noticed. :p

sheaaaa

Has anyone else noticed that you get new power-ups further into the game? I was at level 62 or so and started getting
DUAL WIELD
. Great stuff.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
So I am going to buy a Vita for this game. But I cannot decide between the 1000 and 2000!

I can only imagine this will look a hell of alot better on the OLED screen.

So I am going to buy a Vita for this game. But I cannot decide between the 1000 and 2000!

I can only imagine this will look a hell of alot better on the OLED screen.

You would imagine correctly. Given the cheaper price of the 1000 as well, unless you are worried by the battery life which actually isn't that bad, then it's a no brainer.

Number45

I need to stop searching on the Vita store for this. By the time it's up for purchase I'll have killed my battery. :'(

Lunch in just over an hour. Come on Sony you know you want to!

Man, this is like the one week where the AU PS Store hasn't updated earlier than it should. >_> Guess I'll grab it in the morning.

Oh yeah, PSN thingy! infernalmonkey1

Glad I very recently purchased a Vita. This just justifies it even more.

Come on UK store!

You got a Vita too? Welcome aboard the good ship OLED!

Mind if I pester you for a PSN username? I need more people on high score boards!

I go by "kirichao" over on PSN. Happy to take friend requests!

Waiting till 8pm tonight to get this. Kinda bummed as Minters article really got me hyped up.Oh well, good things come to those who wait!

Gong

The wait here in the UK is killing me! Feel free to add me to the PSN ID list for leaderboard action: GongStation

fog

I know people are pushing for something on Bandcamp, but no idea what stage it's at. But you can bet your sheep that once it's known, I'll link it all up in the OP.
Yeah the OST will be on Bandcamp very soon. Lots of different people contributed to it so it has taken them a while to sort everything out.

Here's the track listing:

01 - Anosou - Space Is Everything
02 - Gareth Noyce - You Like It
03 - Anosou - Laser Everywhere
04 - Junosix - Noise Pulse
05 - Baggypants - In The Zone
06 - Barry Island - Gin Swigger
07 - Moonraider - Machine Code
08 - Spydabee - Consciousness Is Feedback
09 - Force Of Habit - 1993 ('92 MIX)
10 - TONAL AXiS - Trance One
11 - Coupler - Limaworld
12 - Coupler - Limaverse
13 - Arnies Audios - Minter Trance

panda-zebra

Once this game arrives for us in the EU, if anyone would like someone to prop up the bottom of their leaderboard and make themselves feel better, add me:

psn: legoman-D

nampad

Last weeks update already took so long and Dustforce isn't even under the recent tab. Now we have to wait for TxK.
Did our store team get Grace Chened?

Got to go to work in two hours and want to play it before :(

Last weeks update already took so long and Dustforce isn't even under the recent tab. Now we have to wait for TxK.

I'm secretly hoping it doesnt go up for about another 3 hours, gives me time to get home before my leaderboards start filling up!

Haha yeah, I can't believe they never bothered to add last week's stuff to the lastest release section of the store. Must have been super frustrating for the developers of Dustforce and Surge.

gondwana

L-button usage seems pretty important on especially the higher stages. i feel the craft physics are more slippy than giraffe and t2k, to the point i almost need to use the L-button to ensure a full stop

Top Bottom