• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tyler Perry to play Baxter Stockman in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/tyler-perry-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2-1201477655/

tyler-perry.jpg

Tyler Perry is set to join the cast of Paramount and Michael Bay’s “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2,” where he will play scientist Baxter Stockman.

Megan Fox and Will Arnett are on board to reprise their roles in the sequel, while “Arrow” star Stephen Amell was recently cast as Casey Jones. David Green is directing.

Okay then....

I guess this isn't any weirder than William Fitchner as Shredder though.

JDSN

Banned
He was great in Gone Girl, but its Michael Bay so im expecting a lot of fuckery and outdated slang.

I'm not sure why, but I laughed hysterically for about a solid minute when I first saw the headline "Tyler Perry joins Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2."

Since I'm sure someone will ask about it, Stockman was black in the original comics and in TMNT 2003 (not sure about others), even if he wasn't in the 80's cartoon.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Since I'm sure someone will ask about it, Stockman was black in the original comics and in TMNT 2003 (not sure about others), even if he wasn't in the 80's cartoon.

Yeah, the 1987 cartoon is the only version in which Baxter was white, not black.

Salsa

I doubt he'll turn

considering this film has Bebop and Rocksteady tho I wouldnt doubt him turning for movie 3

I want Mousers on screen

Scavenger

Please no Fly Baxter. I hope Baxter is like the 2K3 version in which he loses limbs as punishment as the story goes on.

Slayven

They changed him to white because they didn't want a black dude to be subservient to an apparent white dude

jett

D-Member
Sure, why not, whatever. They could cast Denzel Washington, nothing is gonna save a Platinum Dunes production from non-awfulness.

Hystzen

He was great in Gone Girl, but its Michael Bay so im expecting a lot of fuckery and outdated slang.

Still people coming out with this? You would think after first film being released and the fact OP does not mention Michael bay and even has the director who is not Michael bay people would stop thinking Bay has anything do with these films.

Anyway actually solid casting but eh film needs improve a lot due to how weak first film was.

jett

D-Member
Still people coming out with this? You would think after first film being released and the fact OP does not mention Michael bay and even has the director who is not Michael bay people would stop thinking Bay has anything do with these films.

Anyway actually solid casting but eh film needs improve a lot due to how weak first film was.

???

Michael Bay is producing it and his own production company is making it.

Sou Da

For reference, current representations of the character:

IDW Stockman:

Nickelodeon Stockman:

I guess maybe mousers will be in this new movie? I wonder, if they are, if they'll be giant robots. I have a feeling.

That art isn't the best representation of IDW stockman.

Honestly, when I was watching the first film, I was left wondering why they didn't just make Fichtner's character Stockman instead of making him some original character who was totally meant to be Shredder before the internet got pissy and they split them into two separate characters, which weakened them both.

Couldn't get past 20 mins into the first movie so I'm not too worried about what they do with this, but Tyler Perry is like 6'4? Foot to high for my tastes.

JDSN

Banned

Oh, Michael Bay is not producing the sequel? Raphael was not corny as shit in the last film? Guess im mistaken then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom