• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

U.S. warns Samsung washing machine owners after explosion reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutFox

Banned
Usually stay away from Samsung products...
Only thing in my house that's Samsung is my fridge.

Hope my food doesn't explode.

Drensch

I had a Samsung washer on order that mysteriously all of a sudden was unavailable. I couldn't order any model from anyone for months. I guess this explains it.

FStubbs

1bfp3l.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
They are less energy efficient, use more water, require more vertical space and are harder to remove clothing from. They often require manual pre-filling too.

Front loaders on the other hand, can develop mildewy smells in the rubber gasket and detergent trays and are slightly harder to load.

Top Loaders always win, baby.</Chad Warden>

Tabris

Samsung has had an issue with brand dilution / product saturation for a while.

They should only have a couple models and focus on making them great (as well as actually running better quality assurance of their products).

a916

Are you kidding me... I was just about to pull the trigger on Samsung (front loading) washer and dryer combo...

Why would you want to fuck the dog?

Wouldn't you want a warning if the owner was doing that? Frankly I'm more scared of that person than a Samsung exploding...

Samsung builds more stuff than most people imagine lol. Like the Burj Khalifa for example.

I had no idea they were involved with building that tower.

Regardless, their marketing department must be all hands on deck now trying to come up with bombastic new campaigns in damage control efforts.

Fitts

Well shit... I've installed a ton of these. If they issue a recall I'm going to be super busy for a while.

And for the record, the only Samsung laundry appliances that I've personally encountered an abnormal failure rate with is their ultra capacity 9100 series.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving company. Samsung has a rotten corporate culture, and little to no principles to speak of, with almost all their success being due to aping the products of other companies. Now we see how much effort they put towards QC.

aaaaa0

Wow, I can't wait to see the spin!

Samsung generally has some pretty strong bleach to clean up messes like this, but I can't see the tide on this one turning any time soon. Consumers are going to be too agitated to foam any positive opinions -- the media cycle is too dire for Samsung to get a bounce from any sort of whitewashing they can accomplish.

Synless

This is too loading only correct? I only ask because I just got a front loading washer and dryer on Labor Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom