• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Accidentally Announces Assassin's Creed Revelation (Altair Connection?)

Irish

bobs99 ... said:
Assassins creed was exciting because they have the ability to take us to interesting timezones and locations that havent been explored in games. Playing as an Assassin in that era of Italian history would be retreading old ground.

Im worried that they are going to run this series to the ground, if they had left out brotherhood and done a 'proper' sequel with that amount of dev time they could have done another big step up. Im not a fan of these small steps.

I hope im wrong and that this new AC game turns out to be a huge step up but im doubtful considering AC2 only came out 2 years ago and Brotherhood came out last year.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to go back to Italy, especially with Ezio, but I'd be willing to if we get a look into another character's life.

Anyway, I wonder if maybe they could be doing a sidestory where you control several of Subject 16's ancestors.

MG310

I'm going to venture a guess and say that they will flash back and forth between Ezio's father and Altair in time, but in the same location.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
was really hoping for somewhere with more people wearing powdered wigs and fanciful coats. or i'd like to see JURASSIC ASSASSIN'S CREED

jett

D-Member
aaaaaa said:
I'll wait for Templar's Oath or Lego Assassin's Creed kthx

Personally I can't wait for the spinoff hybrid of their two biggest sellers. Just Ass Dance Creed.

Plasmid

Facebook teaser shows animus
Syncherror
start eauditore.ddna/6-8-8
fatal error: failed to initalize.
s17.animus

So desmond miles probably still in the mix, but going back to altair timeline.

e:

wtf it's also showing the ezio timelines later on.

i guess i didn't read it over.

Irish

beelzebozo said:
i'd like to see JURASSIC ASSASSIN'S CREED

Damn, I really wish I could find that one velociraptor painting that had its feathers decked out in the Assassin color scheme (red/white).

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Irish said:
Damn, I really wish I could find that one velociraptor painting that had its feathers decked out in the Assassin color scheme (red/white).

"leonardo da vinci has been kidnapped!"
"what fiend would do such a thing?"
"i don't know, but he looked like a velociraptor! also i took this sample of his dna, and when i put it through this machine, it says 'veloci--'"
"veloci?"
"yeah, sorry, ran out of ink."

squicken said:
Is it? I never played the PS1/PS2 TR games.

Similar, but not exactly the same. The main antagonist was actually a survivor from Atlantis and was manipulating Lara in order to procure the artifacts necessary to resurrect her civilization and take over the world.

The whole idea of Atlanteans having technology far beyond what we have today, and secretly manipulating things throughout history is a popular notion.

Check out the show Ancient Aliens for a related laugh. :p

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Why are people saying Italy and Ezio's father? We have had Altair, Altair's birth day, and Ezio's birth date, and a picture of Haggia Sophia so far.

The crusaders (Templars) once sacked Constantinople (modern day Istanbul).

And a poster on Kotaku said this:

What's curious is that the symbol that flashes is the tughra of Suleiman the Magnificent, the longest running Sultan of the Ottoman Empire, but Suleiman wouldn't be born for another 36 years of 1459. His great-grandfather Mehmed II was the Sultan in 1459.

Wikipedia says: Suleiman I was the tenth and longest-reigning Sultan of the Ottoman Empire, from 1520 to his death in 1566.

DailyVacation

Neo Member
This will most likely feature a female assassin that looks like Jade Raymond.

And I'm almost certain the hideous screen tearing and choppy frame rate will still be present on the PS3 version.

Ridley327

CrazyDude said:
That teaser seems to show Istanbul. That would be an interesting location.
The sacking of Constantinople was in Altair's lifetime, and seeing as he departs from Cyprus at the end of the PSP game... well, it doesn't take too much more math than that.

CrazyDude

Ridley327 said:
The sacking of Constantinople was in Altair's lifetime, and seeing as he departs from Cyprus at the end of the PSP game... well, it doesn't take too much more math than that.
The teasers seem to suggest that it is during the ottoman period.

Ridley327

CrazyDude said:
That would rule out both Altair and Ezio, would it not? Altair is surely dead by 1299 and Ezio would not even be born by the end of their reign.

CrazyDude

Ridley327 said:
That would rule out both Altair and Ezio, would it not? Altair is surely dead by 1299 and Ezio would not even be born by the end of their reign.
The Ottomans ruled till the end of World War I. Anyways, the teaser shows the signature of Suleiman the Magnificent who ruled from 1520 to 1566. and this was at the height of Ottoman power.

Ridley327

CrazyDude said:
The Ottomans ruled till the end of World War I. Anyways, the teaser shows the signature of Suleiman the Magnificent who ruled from 1520 to 1566. and this was at the height of Ottoman power.
Well, I read my dates wrong (lack of sleep ugh).

So, slightly retooled Ezio model that looks slightly more like Giovanni? :-/

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Ridley327 said:

Uh? Ottoman empire in Istanbul started in 1453, and like I posted before Suleiman the Magnificent ruled in the 1500s.

edit: Beaten

CrazyDude

Dany M said:
Wow, really interested to see this happen, curious who we would play as... Ezio's kid?
Could be possible, the hinting of both Ezio and Altair could be just showing the progression of assassins in the series.

CrazyDude said:
but then why mention altair in the first tease? i'm thinking this is gonna be a multi region, multi character affair or something.

DoomXploder7 said:
but then why mention altair in the first tease? i'm thinking this is gonna be a multi region, multi character affair or something.

Because altair went to Crete which is close to the Ottoman Empire. We also saw a glimpse of Altair's hidden blade and of course the disc that was shown points to a setting like that. Maybe they're going to show what Altair did to make the codex and all the other shit Ezio finds out about him in ACII

I'll take anything other than Italy and Ezio/Giovanni.
I really want to explore somewhere different, some other character. I'd even be happy with Altair.

aaaaaa said:
I'll wait for Templar's Oath or Lego Assassin's Creed kthx

I want this
AssassinsCreed2-LEGO-3.jpg

MG310

I'll stick with my thing about playing in two times, but just stick Ezio back in..didn't know that was his birth year.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
I hope they'll keep up with the series long enough to end up in a futuristic city, like Blade Runner. And then move on to that same city FUBAR in a post-apocalyptic setting :). Bonus points for in between visiting other interesting locations, like medieval London, France during the revolution, Meiji Japan, etc. Love this about the AC series - it could end up anywhere.

.la1n

Rei_Toei said:
I hope they'll keep up with the series long enough to end up in a futuristic city, like Blade Runner. And then move on to that same city FUBAR in a post-apocalyptic setting :). Bonus points for in between visiting other interesting locations, like medieval London, France during the revolution, Meiji Japan, etc. Love this about the AC series - it could end up anywhere.

That's the thing, so much potential wasted. They could go anywhere but instead choose to keep shoving the same thing down our throats.

iNvid02

.la1n said:
That's the thing, so much potential wasted. They could go anywhere but instead choose to keep shoving the same thing down our throats.

relax, this is only the 4th game in whats gonna be a long series

syoaran

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Looking forward to Ubi's E3 trailer... every AC trailer is always so awesome.

I'm not a fan of their FMV trailers they release at E3, but I do love their launch trailers for the product. AC1/2/BC have had just stunning, well directed trailers for the launch of their titles.

If this in the 1400's and playing a similarly looking Ezio, I think I'm done with the series... no more ezio! I'm glad that it might not be italy at least. Ugh.

Zapages said:
new teaser on Facebook page seems to indicate AC in Albania ie. the two headed eagle thing.

The two headed eagle is a symbol of the Eastern Roman (Byzantine) Empire as well as some later European powers. It is found to this day in Greek Orthodox churches and could mean that it is set in Constantinople, which would be awesome. I can just imagine platforming around the interior of the Hagia Sophia and stalking enemies in Justinian's Cistern.

DaBuddaDa

The decline of the Byzantine empire began around the time of Assassin's Creed 1; more signs pointing to a return to that time period.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/300103/news/next-assassins-creed-is-likely-another-brotherhood/

The next Assassin's Creed game - which is being teased right now - is likely to be "another slimline Brotherhood-style offering", Xbox World 360 says in its latest mag.

In the E3 rumour section of its latest issue - which goes on sale properly on May 10 - XBW says Assassin's Creed 'Revelations' is "unlikely" to be the full AC3 we've been waiting on - but suggests that game is also secretly in the works.

"A full-blown threequel is in the works, but the next AC is unlikely to be that," it says. "If they want it to hit this side of Christmas, this'll likely be another slimline Brotherhood-style offering."

Ubisoft's latest Assassin's Creed teaser trailer makes reference to the date June 24, 1459 - the same rough time period as the last two Assassin's Creed games, which would back XBW's claims we could be set for another ACII spin-off.

The footage also teases Istanbul, Turkey as a possible setting for the game. See it for yourself here.

The next Assassin's Creed is due to be formally revealed in US retail mag Game Informer next week.

I hope character-wise, Revelations will be stronger than Brotherhood. Brotherhood is superior mechanically, but Ezio doesn't grow or change at all in Brotherhood, though that probably is due to Brotherhood taking place over a few years as opposed to twenty in AC2, and Ezio is set in his ways.

I don't really mind the stop-gap approach as long as we get somewhere new to play in and the present-day story continues. Jumping back and forth between Old Ezio in a new place and Old Altair in a new place could be interesting while Desmond continues his struggle in 2012.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
but Ezio doesn't grow or change at all in Brotherhood, though that probably is due to Brotherhood taking place over a few years as opposed to twenty in AC2, and Ezio is set in his ways.

Did you play the Christina missions? The one
where you learn about their first meeting and complicated relationship, the one where you had to steal back the corpses of his brothers and father so that they could be buried properly, or the one where Christina dies in his arms telling him she had always hoped he would come back for her?
You know, stuff that would add a bit of depth to his troubled life.

SketchTheArtist said:
Did you play the Christina missions? The one
where you learn about their first meeting and complicated relationship, the one where you had to steal back the corpses of his brothers and father so that they could be buried properly, or the one where Christina dies in his arms telling him she had always hoped he would come back for her?
You know, stuff that would add a bit of depth to his troubled life.

I played the first two and didn't really go back to finish those, but you have a point. However, in the main narrative, he doesn't really grow. He just fucks up Cesare's life in the awesomest way.

CrazyDude

DaBuddaDa said:
The decline of the Byzantine empire began around the time of Assassin's Creed 1; more signs pointing to a return to that time period.
That does not explain the Muslim minarets on the Sophia.

Top Bottom