• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft added Denuvo to Assassins Creed: Mirage via a day-1 patch shortly after all the major reviews went online

Draugoth

Gold Member
just-added-denuvo-to-via-a-day-1-patch-a-few-minutes-ago-v0-_vwcNqfwrJcY2RR7I0kHZ9D6zh5MJcLM7xPkb42LQ14.jpg

Source

Yes, there you go, the shady fucking Ubisoft trying to cheat on review scores of their mediocre games.

When Valhalla came out, they did the similar scummy thing - right after the review period, the added the XP boost items to the in game shop, which was supposed to be "only cosmetic". I made thread about it.

And people were even defending that saying "well I don't care because it didn't bother me". Fuck that "I don't care" attitude, this is why we are never getting anything good any more. Just let the fucking corps do whatever they want to exploit you.

game of thrones shame GIF

Last edited:

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Could anyone explain please?

Does it mean the customer can't ask for a refund or anything like that?

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Could anyone explain please?

Does it mean the customer can't ask for a refund or anything like that?

Refunds are up to the storefront the game was purchased from. Each storefront might have different rules regarding a refund policy.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I don't know why anyone would buy this anyway. They ran out of ideas and just decided to start from the top again. Stop giving these companies money.

Multicultural chicks [sic] with father issues.

....cause they want to Bag Dad.

..........LOL

A.Romero

Don't like denuvo but as a business decision, it makes sense to add this like the same day as release since denuvo is a time based expense.

Well, at least is something that reflects bad on them. I wonder if the savings would compensate for the impact in reputation. You might be right but as we now Denuvo impacts performance and having that left out during reviews would imply an unacurate review.

I guess you could compare it to day 1 patch improvements but going the other way. However, sometimes reviewers are told "this will be fixed with a day 1 patch" so if you wanted to be transparent, they could have let reviewers know Denuvo would be added right before release. They didn't so I think it's fair to see it, at least, as a mishandled approach.

Longcat

Ubi gonna Ubi. Also, very cute that the screenshot says you 'own' the game, when they recently had a big controversy where they suddenly removed the ability to download DLC that you purchased for certain games.

There's a recent trend of this shitty behaviour from publishers worldwide.

Dying Light 2 and very recently, Lies of P.

Journalists should also retroactively alter their final review scores, reducing it by 4 points affecting the already mediocre Meta score this has currently.

Top Bottom