• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft E3 2014 Press Conference Thread

I am. start work at 8am so very little sleep for me.

tired-cat.jpg

It starts at 4 AM here in kuwait.. and I have to be at work at 7:30, I'm so going to scare off my co-workers today with my 24 hours up face.

Zimmy64

Legit shook by the Valiant Hearts trailer. I'm a mess.

Overall I'd give the conference a B, with Valiant Hearts improving the score quite a bit

Espi

Banned
In my opinion,

MS - 6 (Lacks gameplay footage)

EA - 0/10 (COME BACK NEXT YEAR AND TILL THEN ENJOY OUR QUICK CASH GRAB HARDLINE)

Ubisoft - 7.5/10 (Lacked the wow factor that Watch Dogs and Division brought in past conferences. Rainbow gameplay looked tacky. Far Cry 4 and AC 4 were the only redeeming factor.)

So Microsoft gets a 6 for no gameplay footage, but Ubi gets a 7.5 for showing the no gameplay opening to Far Cry and Assassins Creed, which they also showed at MS conference.

ok.

Heh, Ubisoft boss back peddled on any exclusive content for XBox One with regards to Assassin's Creed. Also confirms that rumored Assassin's game for the 360 and PS3.

Also exclusive WiiU party game coming soon.

That Rainbow Six trailer was the low point of the night so far.

Pre alpha footage from multiplayer match? The actors doing the voices have never played a R6 game before, let alone that one they were supposed to be playing.

The title is worse than Rise of the Tomb Raider. So you play different types of sieges, so like BF Hardline only in one small building that doesnt fall over? WTF?

But the worst thing for me is the obvious NON realtime NON alpha, hell NON multiplayer CG footage which has been deliberately downgraded to appear realtime.

This is a concept reel, just like the last R6 Patriots vid, will be nothing like the final game, if that ever materialises as the premise seems damn weak.

CG trailers are what they are but deceptive shit like this is far worse, this is even worse to me than the Watch Dogs downgrade.

Rainbow Six: Home Alone edition can fuck off

It's already playable at Ubisoft booth.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Heh, Ubisoft boss back peddled on any exclusive content for XBox One with regards to Assassin's Creed. Also confirms that rumored Assassin's game for the 360 and PS3.

If you can confirm AC: Comet, 100%, including any details he mentioned, please make a thread about it. Two people made "where da ac game for last gen??????" threads in the six point two seconds after the Ubisoft conference ended.

So Microsoft gets a 6 for no gameplay footage, but Ubi gets a 7.5 for showing the no gameplay opening to Far Cry and Assassins Creed, which they also showed at MS conference.

ok.

There is a difference between a platform holder, which can show third party games as well as their own games, and a third party publisher, which can only show their own games.

Sony, MS and Nintendo should be held to higher standards imo.

Plus, while Ubisoft showed a lot of trailers without gameplay, at least these trailers were well made, interesting, entertaining and gave you an idea about the atmosphere of the games.

The trailer for Phantom Dust was so bland that I don't know any more about that game than I knew before the conference: the name.

There is a difference between a platform holder, which can show third party games as well as their own games and a third party publisher, which can only show their own games.

Sony, MS and Nintendo should be held to higher standards imo.

Exactly. I don't understand why that's so hard to understand for some people

You can't hold Ubi and MS on the same level

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Sunset overdrive, forza H2, Halo 1-4 + Halo2 remake , halo 5 beta, DR3 mega super tripple HD redux ininfity one DLC and a fable legends, plus all the multplat games. Plus I also think sony will have a similar exclusive line up this year.

How many games do people play? it took me a bout 3-4 days of more or less constant playing to complete GTA5 and normally I cant play all the time because you know work and stuff gets in the way, and I'am still playing GTA5 now.

I wouldn't describe Forza, Halo ports, beta tests and DLC as interesting games. Solid games to play depending on your tastes but nothing I'm excited for. Personal opinions, ya know.

RayMaker

Banned
I wouldn't describe Forza, Halo ports, beta tests and DLC as interesting games. Solid games to play depending on your tastes but nothing I'm excited for. Personal opinions, ya know.

Maybe you should quit gaming then seeing as you dont like anything?

RayMaker

Banned
Not like Forza and Halo = not liking anything?

Well on his/hers previous post they mentioned all the conferences.

Its a shame that he/she is not excited from anything.

But to claim there is not any interesting games for the consoles this year, is just puzzerling.

But to claim there is not any games for the consoles this year, is just ignorant.

Well that I agree on. It's thin on first party exclusives but there's plenty to play this year. Plus, great for Racing fans (DC, Horzion 2, The Crew)

If you can confirm AC: Comet, 100%, including any details he mentioned, please make a thread about it. Two people made "where da ac game for last gen??????" threads in the six point two seconds after the Ubisoft conference ended.
It was during his interview with Geoff, but he did not mention the name of it. Someone else can feel free to make a thread.

This was the quote:

Geoff: So now there's going to be some exclusive stuff for XBox (One) fans,as opposed to Playstation fans?

Yves Guillemot: No, it will... there's no exclusive specifically.

Geoff: There's been rumors about another Assassin's game... if that will be coming out
... any sense if that will come out this year?

Yves Guillemot: What we said is that we will not let the guys that have PS3 or 360 with nothing... so at one point we will hear about this.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

But to claim there is not any games for the consoles this year, is just ignorant.

But that's not what I claimed. I said Halo ports and Forza aren't new or interesting, not that they're bad games. The only games that seem genuinely fresh for 2014 are Destiny and Evolve, maybe.

Granted, this is largely semantics but I think you can see what I mean here.

RayMaker

Banned
But that's not what I claimed. I said Halo ports and Forza aren't new or interesting, not that they're bad games. The only games that seem genuinely fresh for 2014 are Destiny and Evolve, maybe.

Yeah sorry I worded it incorrectly

I just find it difficult to understand how a gamer could not find at least 3 or 4 games this year interesting.

But your right, everyone has an opinion :)

----------------------
yeah I probably game way less then you but threes plenty of fresh stuff for me like

Evolve
COD:AD
BF:Cops and crooks
ass:unity
fifa 15
drive club
last of us remake

I was interested in

sunset overdrive and FH2 but i'am 99% sure Im going PS4 only.

Now I look at my list yeah there is a lot of same franchises, but weather there fresh or not depends on what you were expecting, by definition they are not fresh IP's but from what i have seen of these old franchises they meet and exceed my expectations for next gen and I'am excited to play them.

So yeah I could see why some people with higher expectations could be underwhelmed.

WITHE1982

It starts at 4 AM here in kuwait.. and I have to be at work at 7:30, I'm so going to scare off my co-workers today with my 24 hours up face.

That's hardcore right there.

I keep telling myself "You're a 34 year old grown man. Time to grow up". Then I just think "Nah who wants to be a grown up anyway. Give me my gamez"

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I missed the conference (and after looking at what was announced, I think I'll keep it that way...), so I can't rank it, but I did watch the trailer for 'Valiant Hearts' and I thought it looked phenomenal.

Just watched the Far Cry 4 intro on the Ubisoft conference.

Noticed the main villain looks a lot less Patrick Stewart and now looks somehow Asian.
Compare that to the initial revealed materials..

Far-Cry-4-Gets-Leaked-Story-Details-About-Protagonist-Villain.jpg

far-cry-4-guy-640x357.png
FarCryVillians-Thumb_medium.jpg

I think they changed his features after the controversy.
They made him younger looking, or just more Asian looking.

I like the twisted, power hungry Swede look, more than the whiny teen look.

Damn it, internet. You just had to go there.

Top Bottom