• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Forward - June 12th 10 AM PST - New Reveals and Updates (Their E3 Adjacent Stream)

VN1X

Banned
Oh two-player co-op is surprising for Avatar. Just hope progress is tracked for both and not another botched attempt like we've seen with some of Ubi's other games such as Far Cry, where the second player is really only along for the ride and barely has any impact on the gameworld.

Arun1910

Im getting a vibe that this is basically Far Cry: Pandora

They won't say it but i see parallels. FPS, set in an exotic land. Plot is basically to free the locals from imperialism. Big colourful open world. Animal companions.
It 100% is.

Not just the world but the running, sliding, shooting. It's all very Far Cry like.

Gudji

Can't shake the feeling that its just far cry with a skin but who knows. I haven't bought ubisoft games in a while tho.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It does look good, but this is Ubisoft…… always bring your truck load of salt when your deal with Ubisoft
This is PS5 footage. There is no downgrade. Game comes out in 6 months. It wont look muhc different.

Funny that even in this shit stream quality, you can tell its next gen but in the spiderman thread even the 4k stream was being used as an excuse. YoUTuBE cOMPReSSION!

KXVXII9X

Like someone above me said, I appreciate they are showing lots of gameplay. My one big gripe is it is very Checklist Ubisoft open world game. Feels very Far Cry with an Avatar coat of paint.

Thief1987

She is describing the bog standard far cry template, but doing this like it's something very unique

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This is PS5 footage. There is no downgrade. Game comes out in 6 months. It wont look muhc different.

Funny that even in this shit stream quality, you can tell its next gen but in the spiderman thread even the 4k stream was being used as an excuse. YoUTuBE cOMPReSSION!
I think he meant more of the gameplay mechanics. Far Cry in the Avatar skin, par for the course with them.

Ballthyrm

Avatar september 7th ? 1 day after Starfield ? ahhahahahahahhahah, yep BOMBA INC

Yep they keep doing that with a lot of their Franchise, I don't know why

i dont understand, some parts of this avatar game looks next gen and some sections look straight from PS3 lol

I think it is probably a mix between old and new footage from what they have. No everything progress at the same pace during production.

Last edited:

Larxia

It's insane how ubisoft just isn't capable of doing anything new AT ALL anymore. Everytime they have a new project, it's a copy of what they already made, they can never bring anything new.

And the crew, a RACING game, uses the same systems as Assassin's Creed and all with the towers to sync etc.

Drizzlehell

Banned
MFW I remember that this cool-looking game will actually be a 160 hour open world slog with a boring story and giant map filled with feathers to collect:

giphy.gif

Gudji

The environments looked great but the character models didn't wow me in anyway but maybe its from the stream.

Kusarigama

Wow that is some low budget production. What happened? Is this how they are going to mitigate their losses? And the stream quality on YouTube was awful had to switch to Twitch which is better but not good enough.

DonJorginho

Banned
I'm so pumped for Avatar FoP, yeah yeah I know it's Far Cry in Pandora but I've always wanted a current gen experience which allowed me to experience this beautiful world!

Sybrix

I don’t doubt it will look that good at launch.

I’m worried it plays like Far Cry, such a boring tired Ubisoft formula.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I'll be the one since everyone is shy. I dont wanna play as na'vi and kill humans. I'm a human why would I go against my race for some blue alien fucks. Its just weird.
It's not going against all humans, it's going against the specific shitty militant group that is invading their planet and killing shit.

VulcanRaven

Wow that is some low budget production. What happened? Is this how they are going to mitigate their losses? And the stream quality on YouTube was awful had to switch to Twitch which is better but not good enough.
Yeah blurry streams don't make the games look good.

Top Bottom