• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft indefinitely suspends production on 1666

He should make a game called 1667 to spite them.

Who's left to publish?

I find it weird that there's so little violence in the corporate world. Is it because it's so hard to find someone to blame, but even if you did, they might be on a different continent? Or because they have systems in place to maintain a sort of illusion that they are working on improving the situation?

You've just described the plot of Syndicate.

Ubisoft got lucky with assassin creed being a successful seriers. Without it, i could see the company in the same fate as THQ.

They also had Just dance rake in money for Wii and Kinect and a bunch of DS shovelware that probably made tons of money

Lakitu

st5fu
Can't believe how far Ubisoft have sunk. They were one of my favourite publishers 7 or 8 years ago. Now they're complete trash. Feel sorry for Patrice, I just hope he finds a new home and stays there.

I am really glad I've never been a fan of Ubisoft as a publisher. This kind of shit would really sour me on them right quick. Hope Patrice finds a company to work with that'll actually respect him.

Maybe he can work on sony's 1886. :p

Poor patrice, why he would even go to thq with their financial crunch was a bigger surprise. Take 2 is the publisher he should be eyeing.

charsace

Common business practice in creative fields, especially Hollywood. The company doesn't believe in it enough to actually make it, but if they gave it up and someone else made a boatload of cash, it would look terrible to stockholders. Television is really the only creative industry I know of that actually lets IP go to competitors on a regular basis.

It's stil a shit thing to do, but relatively common.

This seems like a revenge thing to me. Dude left UBI, they buy his new company, they fire him and take his latest project away from him.

Top Bottom