• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft livestream teasing Far Cry Primal (Ice Age Far Cry)

I like the snipes rifles, heavy machine guns, flamethrowers, and wingsuits from these games. If there are analogous elements then great, but I'm curious to see what kind of meaningful weapon and transportation diversity we're going to see in that setting.

Guerilla's Horizon Zero Dawn has the advantage of its unique blend of ancient sci-fi technology mixed with the prehistoric survival themes - will be interested to see what Ubisoft does to stand out.

Any idea when this will be revealed? I kinda hope for a complete full new game and not something with the size of a add on. No dinos is a huge fucking bummer though.There goes my hope for even something remotely similar to Turok.

just opened up the stream after leaving for a couple of hours and laughed my ass off. This shit is still going? Its like a joke at this point.

Hystzen

I just want them bring back the way fire spreads in Far Cry 2. Starting s fire and watching it spread through a base was hilarious to watch

Gray Matter

On topic, I became a fan of far cry after playing FC4 last year, loved it. It it is a prehistoric far cry, it's going the be strange playing without a powerful arsenal of fire weapons.

BlackRock

On topic, I became a fan of far cry after playing FC4 last year, loved it. It it is a prehistoric far cry, it's going the be strange playing without a powerful arsenal of fire weapons.

Yeah, it's actually really neat, I think. I expect it to be pretty influenced by the recent rise of survival games. You are a rather vulnerable human in a hostile, savage world. A world where civilization does not yet exist. I hope they can capture not only the beauty of such an untouched world, but also the savagery and fear that must have been a part of life then. This could be something fascinating.

Gray Matter

Yeah, it's actually really neat, I think. I expect it to be pretty influenced by the recent rise of survival games. You are a rather vulnerable human in a hostile, savage world. A world where civilization does not yet exist. I hope they can capture not only the beauty of such an untouched world, but also the savagery and fear that must have been a part of life then. This could be something fascinating.

As long as it doesn't have the ubisoft formula, it could be something great.

Najaf

Wow... hours later this is still happening? Ha!

I'm surprised the stream is not sitting with thousands of dislike votes.

Just come out with it already. Its put a bad taste in my mouth and I've only looked at it a few times throughout the day.

GHG

... there are no dinosaurs here tho.

I know.

I don't understand your point. Anything prehistoric is a positive in my book. We also need more Dino games.

Wow... hours later this is still happening? Ha!

I'm surprised the stream is not sitting with thousands of dislike votes.

Just come out with it already. Its put a bad taste in my mouth and I've only looked at it a few times throughout the day.

Nobody's forcing you to sit there looking at it all the time... This is an interesting way to reveal a game. Far better than many of the more traditional methods anyway. At least it's got people talking.

Lutherian

FarCry : Sarah Palin.

Sarah-Palin-vs-The-Lizards-of-Satan--47181.jpg

RowdyReverb

As long as it doesn't have the ubisoft formula, it could be something great.
I wouldn't get my hopes up. As long as people buy it, Ubi will sell it.
I'm not sure how it will work in this setting though, but if they could shoehorn it into a driving game, they can put it in this one. Maybe you climb a big tree and knock some nesting creatures out of it?

sjay1994

so what will we have to climb this time in order to view the surrounding landscapes?

When presented with an obstacle in real life, I am forced to submit and walk around it. But in ubisoft games, nay. I ascend! I conquer my surroundings with minimal to no effort!

Solid objects are a restriction to me in the real world. Why must I be forced to these boundaries in the confines of the digital world? Must I accept the flexibility of a piece of wet toast, because I can play tennis in your open world? Because you have given me a multitude of vehicles to drive at my behest?

Bah to that. The monotony of automation doesn't compare to the violent sexual thrill I receive while scaling a tower with the hands I was given! The grunting, primal sounds of ascension.

No. No more. I will not sit idly by while the very act of ascending is mocked. As humans, we must strive to ascend beyond our limits. We must grasp the heavens!

Ubisoft should be regarded for giving us this opportunity to reach out to the heavens by simply holding 2 buttons! No skill required. Anyone can ascend. To reach the skies and look down and see how small and fragile our world is through and elaborate camera pan.

Then, in a moment of enlightenment, they show us our surroundings. The secrets it hides. Not only do they let us reach the skies, but to become the masters of our own domain as well!

Have you not passed by a building with a birds nest on it, and said "I would like to get there?"

Ubisoft gives you that chance. To go above our limits and collect a memento of our accomplishment by claiming a piece of the creature as our own.

Blessed be unto Ubisoft. For they give us the ability to transcend our fleshy bodies who are doomed to navigate the x and z , to transcend the Y axis.

They like climbing things, we get it. We don't need dozens of drive by posts stating the obvious

NickMitch

Well, im off to bed having the stream on low volume on my bedside iPad....Rather soothing sfx going on me thinks - even if a bit ominous

Perhaps it will bring me some lucid dreams, putting me into some real gameplay - THAT my friends would be the dark future of marketing!

Javin98

Banned
So Ubisoft decided to make a prehistoric Far Cry game but it doesn't have any dinosaurs in it? Sounds like a wasted opportunity to me. Mammoths, cave bears and Smilodon are cool and all, but nothing comes close to dinosaurs when it comes to extinct animals IMO. Still sounds like a really interesting game though.

Tango

Neo Member
Well, im off to bed having the stream on low volume on my bedside iPad....Rather soothing sfx going on me thinks - even if a bit ominous

Perhaps it will bring me some lucid dreams, putting me into some real gameplay - THAT my friends would be the dark future of marketing!
Even better: just sell the game in a box with a piece of paper saying "think of a game yourself" so you can just imagine you're playing the new Far Cry. No micro transactions, no trying to remember what character is which, it takes place in your own environment, and even better: no glitches. Hell, just pretend you're playing something not made by Ubisoft!

Even better: just sell the game in a box with a piece of paper saying "think of a game yourself" so you can just imagine you're playing the new Far Cry. No micro transactions, no trying to remember what character is which, it takes place in your own environment, and even better: no glitches. Hell, just pretend you're playing something not made by Ubisoft!

So your dreams aren't glitchy?

Any idea when this will be revealed? I kinda hope for a complete full new game and not something with the size of a add on. No dinos is a huge fucking bummer though.There goes my hope for even something remotely similar to Turok.

I predict that this stream runs until E3 2016 where it get's announced as an iOS exclusive.

Harlequin

So Ubisoft decided to make a prehistoric Far Cry game but it doesn't have any dinosaurs in it? Sounds like a wasted opportunity to me. Mammoths, cave bears and Smilodon are cool and all, but nothing comes close to dinosaurs when it comes to extinct animals IMO. Still sounds like a really interesting game though.

Well, I imagine they wanted to create a semi-realistic rendition of the stone age.

Omega

Banned

yes, a wasted opportunity on a setting that is almost never used in video games, books or movies.

Gaogaogao

play blood dragon.

keep being weird ubisoft

Javin98

Banned
yes, a wasted opportunity on a setting that is almost never used in video games, books or movies.
I still find the setting very interesting. It's just that dinosaurs are more interesting than prehistoric mammals in my book. I've loved dinosaurs since I was a kid, so...

play blood dragon.

keep being weird ubisoft
Yeah, but Blood Dragon has well, dragons. I want a pure dinosaur game. Something like Ark and Primal Carnage.

Walpurgis

Banned
Hey, this is actually a great idea. I sort of thought of this as a potential Far Cry game but never expected Ubisoft to actually do it.

Yeah, this would be awesome.

I'm liking this stone age/prehistoric far cry setting. Dinos are cool but stone age-ish setting are extremely rare for this kind of game and the animals of that age even less so.

213372bu

Banned
I need to see the weapons, some of the crazy stuff you could do in 3+4 and Blood Dragon was what kept it entertaining enough to play through these for quite a while.

Top Bottom