• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft livestream teasing Far Cry Primal (Ice Age Far Cry)

Kama_1082

Banned
Been a long day. Ubisoft asking people to watch a 24-hour livestream of a painting didn't help. But I do wish more people knew how much garbage gaming news we refrain from posting every day because we value quality over traffic.

Anyway, I hear this isn't meant to be announced until tomorrow, so unless they suddenly change their plans because of the leaks, don't worry about staring at the painting today.

Jordan Sargent and his editors must've missed the memo.

Jito

Banned
Been a long day. Ubisoft asking people to watch a 24-hour livestream of a painting didn't help. But I do wish more people knew how much garbage gaming news we refrain from posting every day because we value quality over traffic.

Anyway, I hear this isn't meant to be announced until tomorrow, so unless they suddenly change their plans because of the leaks, don't worry about staring at the painting today.

That's rich.

-griffy-

Banned
I honestly feel that this reveal and livestream is pretty genius.

This thread alone has like 130,000 views.

I agree. They are generating a shitload of speculation, articles on gaming sites, trending on Twitter, etc. It's just basic viral marketing. Put up a livestream of a seemingly still image, only for people to realize it's zooming out, progressively revealing more and more clues to to the game. Kind of a shame that IGN fucked up on their twitter.

I feel like if Valve did something exactly like this people would be losing their shit.

killroy87

I agree. They are generating a shitload of speculation, articles on gaming sites, trending on Twitter, etc. It's just basic viral marketing. Put up a livestream of a seemingly still image, only for people to realize it's zooming out, progressively revealing more and more clues to to the game. Kind of a shame that IGN fucked up on their twitter.

I feel like if Valve did something exactly like this people would be losing their shit.

it also means that the reveal needs to deliver in a huge way. otherwise it will flop that much harder.

sjay1994

A prehistoric survival game.

I'll be honest, we talk a lot of shit about Ubi... But they always have great settings.

I think thats why we talk so much shit about ubi, because they always squander really cool ideas. Blood Dragon was the last time you could say they executed something well.

Suspense is over

1444074743-1444074610731.jpg
+

Yessss.

I am fucking pumped for a Pleistocene Far Cry, like damn. Yeah, I'm bummed they didn't find a way to do a game with Dinosaurs - but maybe Primal will have a spinoff down the road that does that.

I hope they go crazy with the Ice Age animals, populate the world with some of the really weird ones. Also, I really hope there is a very snowy area somewhere. Snowy tundra in games is just a really cool environment to live in and explore.

I wonder what the gameplay mechanics will be like, there must be some changes since it won't have the plethora of guns.

Arkhanor

Well, I didn't even finish FarCry 3 (neither FarCry 2 nor FarCry 1) and don't have FarCry 4, but hey! I'm interested in this game.

This better not be cross gen

I would not be surprised if it's basically a FC4 add-on and then it could definitely be cross-gen too. Then again...didn't Ubi say that only one franchise would remain cross gen for a while , while all the others would all be for the new consoles?

Jacobi

Banned
This could be interesting. If you really can finish off other tribes, or trade with them or stuff like that, sounds really cool.

Dennis

Banned
This could be interesting. If you really can finish off other tribes, or trade with them or stuff like that, sounds really cool.

Is the world ready for deer-skin bikini waifu trading?

I feel like this could be a landmine for Ubisoft.

LoveCake

I loved Far Cry & Far Cry Instincts but i really didn't like Far Cry 2 or 3 at all & i just couldn't get into Far Cry 4, they seem to have added so much that doesn't really need to be there, i hope that this Far Cry Primal goes back to the original style a good ol fashioned open-world FPS.

The images are reminding me of all the parts I didn't like in FarCry 4. Visually they were great, and set a nice mysterious tone, but the gameplay in those sections was weaksauce.

Top Bottom