• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft plans to grow revenue by 60% over the next 3 years. MP-centric games push.

So more online multiplayer shooters, cuz we don't have enough of those.

My bet is on Blizzard + Activision winning this fight.

To be fair, they got to the place they are today by making multiplayer centric shooters before most people were.Sure, they had campaigns, but their top three franchises back in the day (GR, SC, RS) got big because of how Xbox LIVE took off.

Well, another reason to stop supporting Ubisoft. Sure I like some MP or Co-Op but I'm mostly focused on SP and Ubi is going for a more focused MP approach where it takes precedence over SP, making the SP almost dull and void.

From the lineup the got, I feel less and less ENGAGED with them, I didn't like Watch Dogs at all, so I am not expecting anything from W_D2, there is For Honor though, I'm keeping an eye on how they will handle the SP aspect of it, cause it still looks more focused on MP than SP, same goes for Ghost Recon Wildlands, instead of being a great SP with Co-Op, it feels like a Co-Op game with an option for solo mode, maybe it will turn out good, but I'm not that optimistic, the whole premise is not clicking for me YET. I also skipped Rainbow 6 Siege due to lack of SP, and same goes for AC Syndicate where all my friends said that the story is an afterthought and almost non existent.

I still remember the day, some years ago, where Ubi's E3 Conference was the biggest thing I wait for, even more than Sony/MS's, cause their games were almost an insta buy, but at recent years it began losing me bit by bit. Sigh.

prudislav

That's what I mean tho them saying they are focusing on multiplayer doesn't mean they are dropping sp

For honor
The division
Wild lands

Can all be played alone. But obviously there primary focus and how they are designed revolves around multiplayer
online only SP (Siege [tutorial doesnt count],Division) is not the same as normal offline-playable SP

In case of For Honor and Wildlands we dont know if its regular SP or online-only SP. In case of Wildlands they iirc said in some blogpost that it will be playable alone offline with AI buddies, but they also said TerrorHunt in Siege will be playable offline and in the end its online-only :-/
Still fear the online-only SP future ... as a person who is catching up my backlog from 90s and 00s at the moment

Top Bottom