• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft possibly teasing a new Far Cry [Ubisoft: Nope]

dex3108

I still think that it is too early for next proper one. But we will see. Ubisoft did say on last conference call that they will announce something in May.

Klart

A prequel to 3 with Vaas as a main character would be great. They know people loved Vaas.

I'd buy a remaster as well (if the update reaches the quality of FC4).

Hux1ey

Banned
A prequel to 3 with Vaas as a main character would be great. They know people loved Vaas.

I'd buy a remaster as well (if the update reaches the quality of FC4).
Vaas was good but was hardly in the game, I don't get the fascination with him.

E-flux

Never played the first one then?

I did, but the first one could never hold my interest, especially after the mutants came to play. To me far cry 2 didn't feel like a power fantasy like 3 and 4 where you are essentially a predator, in 2 there is quite a lot of jank stopping you being the unstoppable hunter along with some nice gameplay stuff that made me feel like i was constantly scrambling for my life.

Ubisoft open world?

giphy.gif

... they tickle my completionist bone like no other game.
I'd triple dip on that remaster, but i'd much rather have a solid prequel.

Just don't do some Pre-sequel thing where Vaas starts off as the kindasorta good guy.

I feel you bro. We're in this together!

dr_rus

On one hand, FC3 is the best modern Far Cry and it's nice to see them acknowledging that. On the other hand, I don't think that FC3-2 is what people want from a new Far Cry game since you could say that FC4 is FC3-2 and FCP is FC3-3 already...

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Ubisoft released a lot of AAA games on Wii U and they all bombed, it would take a miracle for Ubisoft to release a new mature game again on a Nintendo console.

they're certainly cautious this year, but once switch sales overtake LTD wii u numbers in less than a year they will be back on board

Ubisoft released a lot of AAA games on Wii U and they all bombed, it would take a miracle for Ubisoft to release a new mature game again on a Nintendo console.
Is a new system and looks like is going to have a brighter future than the Wii U, Ubi is going to try thats for sure.

Bishop89

i loved FC3, its easily the best of the bunch.

But... playing it again.... naaa couldnt do it. The ubitower formula is too ingrained in it, and im sorta sick of it.

Boss Mog

Now that Ubi mastered drop in co-op with Wildlands there's no excuse for the next FarCry not to have it.

I wanna be excited but both my favorite settings african jungle and tropical islands have already been done.

Maybe the amazons? That could be pretty decent.
Just hope its not a snow/mountain setting.

I wouldnt honestly mjnd if they remade 2 and 3 with new features either
Especially 2.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
A new Far Cry in a tropical setting built on the same principles of FC2 while taking some of the improvements from FC3/4 would be just lovely.

OldMuffin

Hopefully they use one of the more out there settings based off that survey that came out some time ago. Vietnam, dinosaur island, vampires, wild west, blood dragon 2, what ever just not something straightforward like 3 and 4.

I didn't even think of a remaster until I saw this thread. I figured it was a sequel\prequel. Assuming that this is Far Cry 3. Just feels like too recent a game to "remaster." It's certainly not a game I want to play again.

It's seems really unlikely that they will do a remaster. There is no need for that and i don't think there is a any expectation. Most likely a sequel/prequel.

julrik

A big nope from me if it's a remaster.

If it's Far Cry 5, I'm in.

I'd rather Ubisoft announced a new Splinter Cell instead, though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's seems really unlikely that they will do a remaster. There is no need for that and i don't think there is a any expectation. Most likely a sequel/prequel.

"An island we never really left" points to a sequel, especially as one of 3's two endings is (actual end-game spoiler)
Jason and his remaining friends leaving by boat

The art is indeed from Far Cry 3, but they probably are teasing something.

I quite enjoyed Primal and am ready for a new one, so long as it isn't more of the same.

DrArchon

Fuck Far Cry 3-2. When's Vietnam War 2?

Eh, it's probably a remaster, which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but still. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Top Bottom