• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft possibly teasing a new Far Cry [Ubisoft: Nope]

I am beginning to think we will either get a Far Cry 3.5 type game, similar to AC: Rogue, or just a remaster in the run up to Christmas, then AC: Empire next year. Ubisoft had already mentioned that the next AC would not necessarily be out this year, and due to the competition this year I think they might push it to next year in the hopes it will make a bigger splash.

Shredderi

Prequel where we play as Vaas. After the traumatic and trippy journey of self discovery is over, we find ourselves inside a dingy bar and a man sitting next to us gets our attention and says "Hey man. Crazy what happened, isn't it. They all just keep doing the same goddamn thing over and over again, expecting shit to change. Let me tell you, THAT is the definition of insanity". And then the game ends.

brawly

I'm not interested in playing in another Far Cry 3/4/Primal. I'm beyond burned out of the formula. Has to do something.

Eh, while FC3 really shook things up when it came out, Far Cry 4 is arguably the better, quintessential Far Cry game. Honestly wouldn't see the point with a remaster, but would welcome a prequel or BLOOD DRAGON 2! MARK IV STYLE MOTHERFUCKER!

maxresdefault.jpg

Far Cry 3: Instincts. :p

Far Cry 3-2, ala Fina Fantasy. I'm good playing FC3 via BC if want to play it again. I do think it's a remaster, but the series needs an hiatus. FC4 and Primal had the same effect in the series than AC:2, AC:B, AC:Revelations... I got just tired

Compsiox

Banned
They shouldn't have
killed off Vaas so fast. He was such a good character.

Spoiler wasn't intentional

I would like Far Cry 2 or something similiar. Like, Beasts of No Nation meets Far Cry.

Felt like Africa and the perpetual conflicts over there is a great setting for Far Cry to riff on.

Far Cry : Mogadishu

Would play!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I am beginning to think we will either get a Far Cry 3.5 type game, similar to AC: Rogue, or just a remaster in the run up to Christmas, then AC: Empire next year. Ubisoft had already mentioned that the next AC would not necessarily be out this year, and due to the competition this year I think they might push it to next year in the hopes it will make a bigger splash.

I don't see AssCreed being delayed unnecessarily, especially with Guillemot desperately wanting to fend off Vivendi.

Lanrutcon

Far Cry 5: Dinosaur age + modern guns. Climb towers...or get eaten by a T-Rex. Hunt a train sized snake with an assault rifle! Gather all the PDAs from the remains of the poor sods who came before you. Step on a butterfly and get an achievement.

Joco

I hope they go for a really different setting for the next one. Something like Chernobyl or an irradiated wasteland ala STALKER or Metro where you fight mutated animals. They could go crazy with that.

Will probably never happen unfortunately.

ViciousDS

Banned
let me guess

its riddled with thousands of collectibles and treasure icons all over the map. God did I hate the last far cry cause of it.....and I'm not talking Primal, I'm talking FC4

Primal was actually pretty decent

Insanity means making the same game over and over expecting more people will like it.

Junior member showing GAF how it's done =P

This probably makes sense after Primal, but I hope they experiment with settings again in the future. I'd love a Viking island.

Junior member showing GAF how it's done =P

This probably makes sense after Primal, but I hope they experiment with settings again in the future. I'd love a Viking island.

Yeah I'm getting tired of jungles, regardless of locale.

I was thinking somewhere in the middle of either a past or far future North America with tons of pine trees, red woods, bob cats, mountain lions, bears, caves, rivers, streams, etc would be amazing.

Playing with other settings as you mentioned would be awesome too. I think Primal at least showed they can switch up things well enough.

Bizzquik

I don't like the idea of teasing a remaster.

Please, Ubi, don't let this be a remaster. If it is a remaster, do yourself a favor and just announce it already. Don't drive up hype for something that isn't (sequel).

psyfi

Banned
No thanks. I'd rather see Ubi work on something else now and release another Far Cry in two or three years.

killroy87

This has to be a remaster of FC3. I can't imagine why they would use FC3 art to tease anything but. Even if it's a sequel/prequel on the same island, this would be a super lazy tease. It has to be a remaster.

Gator86

I must be in the minority, because I really liked Primal.

Primal is bad and you should feel bad.

On topic: we really need a new Far Cry. Also, emphasis on new and not one that recycles skills and animations for the 5th time. I loved 3, 4, Blood Dragon, and played through Primal because I hate myself, but they absolutely can't trot out the same exact game again. They just fucking can't. Add new animations, skills, and mechanics. Do something new.

Kssio_Aug

I must be in the minority, because I really liked Primal.

I liked Primal, but it's again the same exact thing as Far Cry 3 and 4. The animals addition was a decent implementation but it did feel more like a gimmick or a mod, it didn't have enough depth.

That said, besides being actually decent, I couldn't finish it. Played for quite a while until reaching that Batari section, but it started to drag too much.

I hope that if they decide to make a new Far Cry game they try to do something new, as they did in FC3 from FC2 transisiton, otherwise there's nothing there for my interest anymore.

Solo Act

If they did a remaster, they could really release the PS360 version on Switch at the same time and check all of the boxes.

Top Bottom