• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Summer BOMBA sale on Wii U and 3DS

maxcriden

medium.jpg

Full list:

Wii U eShop

ZombiU — $22.49, normally $29.99

Rayman Legends — $20.00, normally $39.99*

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag — $20.00, normally $39.99

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist — $22.49, normally $29.99

Assassin's Creed III — $14.99, normally $19.99

Rabbids Land — $19.50, normally $49.99

Cloudberry Kingdom — $5.00, normally $9.99

Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth — $15.00, normally $29.99

Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013 — $12.50, normally $49.99

ESPN Sports Connection — $12.50, normally $49.99

The Smurfs 2 — $12.50, normally $39.99

3DS eShop

Rayman Origins — $7.50, normally $29.99

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars 3D — $7.50, normally $29.99

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D — $7.50, normally $29.99

Rabbids Travel in Time 3D — $7.50, normally $29.99

Rayman 3D — $7.50, normally $29.99

Petz Fantasy 3D — $7.50, normally $29.99

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...other_eshop_discount_bonanza_in_north_america

Somebody set us up the Bomba if old.

*maxcriden pick

Banned
Rayman legends is the only thing on that list that warrants it's price. The rest are garbage or not discounted enough.

Interesting that neither Just Dance 4 nor Just Dance 2014 is listed...with Just Dance 2015 coming out for Wii U this holiday season.

Wonder if this sale being primarily focused around core titles means anything for the Watch_Dogs port. It's most likely a long shot, but it does leave me wondering.

Fbh

Awwwwww.

Saw Summer Bomba sale one WiiU/3DS at first. Was dissapointed when I read it again and saw the Ubisoft.

I guess expecting Nintendo to do a sale is too much

What a joke of a sale.

Not necessarily picking on you, but what's the problem here? Is it the prices or the selection? The selection covers pretty much everything Ubisoft have released on the two platforms. Is it the price? If so, what should the prices be?

tuffy

Shadow Wars is basically Fire Emblem with guns. It's not much to look at, but I thought its tactical gameplay was pretty solid.

ZombiU — $22.49
Rayman Legends — $20.00
Cloudberry Kingdom — $5.00
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars 3D — $7.50

There you go. Those are great games, well worth those asking prices.
Not really. I'm not arguing that they aren't good games, it's just that I bought a physical copy of Zombi U over a year ago for less than half of that price.

Those prices are still way too high.

ohlawd

Shadow Wars is now downloading.

Devil Survivor Overclocked is 15 bucks woah. Atlus stuff goes on sale all the time but this is threadworthy for Game of the Forever.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Still waiting for ZombiU to go 9.99.

I guess I'll be waiting a long time, because Nintendo sales suck.

It has to be the only thing that's really making money for them there. Sometimes it's good to be a launch game.

Shadow Wars is a surprisingly good game. I consider a launch gem just for the extra missions and some of the cool scenarios the story has.

Everything else is a little rustier, but the gameplay is pretty fun. Classic SRPG style (from the guy behind XCOM) with guns and six useful classes. Some of the strategies you can pull later in the game are amazing, especially with Banshee and the MVP drone.

Totally worth it at that price.

Not really. I'm not arguing that they aren't good games, it's just that I bought a physical copy of Zombi U over a year ago for less than half of that price.

Those prices are still way too high.

My copy of Zombi U cost me £20 (what's that at the moment - $35-ish?) before its price on Amazon UK went into freefall (I think it's £7 or £8 there now). I know it's considered a bit of a curate's egg - I feel the same - but I'm surprised anyone would think $20 wasn't a decent price (and TBH, if it's not, then bargain-bin physical will likely get you there).

DJ_Lae

its like looking at a bad menu.

Yeah I'm hearing Clarkson in my head right now: "It's like a Scottish menu - not much on it and nothing you want."

Rayman Legends for $20 isn't bad, though it's been that price retail for a while.

ZombiU has been dirt cheap for even longer.

Ghost Recon for $7.50 isn't bad either.

Sheroking

It has to be the only thing that's really making money for them there. Sometimes it's good to be a launch game.

Well, if they're to be trusted, that game failed every which way but left. Rayman, I believe, did better on the Wii U than any other system.

Top Bottom