• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UbiSoft will remove "ableist text" from Assassin's Creed because a dude complained about it.

So, apparently in AC Valhalla there's some flavor text about a burn victim being unhappy with being burnt. Sorry for the absolutely unnecessary Spanish translation, the page I got it from had it like this.

tyukytuiluyin.jpg

ergwergwertheyjertyj.jpg

Of course, the fact that an NPC might feel that being covered in burns is a bit shitty cannot be tolerated and must be rectified immediately.

sdfthgerthetykrtk.jpg

So here you go, if you don't like something about Valhalla complain about it and add some -isms and it will apparently be changed.

Proof that once again tankies are subhumans who can't do anything except express outrage. It's literally impossible for the left to think critically about something if it's not shallow grey slop like Star Wars or this shit.

cormack12

Gold Member
So goodbye to nuanced characters shaped by tragedy I guess? So now she is just angry because........

Guess I'll have proper insight when I play this in a couple of weeks but on the surface sounds stupid.

I guess frankenstein's monster didn't have the right to lament his physical states either

Last edited:

spons

Gold Member
No religious, ethnical, ableist, cultural and political references in their next game then? It wouldn't fucking exist, but I'll take that as a win at this point.

This sets a funny precedent. How far are Ubisoft willing to go to please any and every snowflake complaint to not insult anyone...

I hope trolls make work of this and nitpick this game to pieces with the most ridiculous complaints to see what will be left of it.

Last edited:

Reallink

It's impossible to tell what's real and what's shitposters trolling developers to bait them into some insincere performative action.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
This is just ridiculous. Can't have a fictional character react negatively to or be traumatized by a negative thing for fear of offending people?

I haven't played the Assassin Creed games, but how well do the NPCs or dialogue reflect the attitudes and morals of the time?
It would be strange for a historical game to be very cognizant of whatever category equality that we practice today.
Is there more blatant sexism/racism which I would expect in the past? Or do they dodge the topic?

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Does anyone think Ubisoft will reinsert the cut text when I tweet this to them?

"My boyfriend grew up under a ruthless communist dictatoship and suffers from traumatizing flashbacks whenever he sees anyone give in to censorship out of fear. I am embarrassed to see that the games industry I supported for so many years now is afraid to stand up for non-conformist opinions. "

Top Bottom