• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UEFA Champions League Final 2012 - FC Bayern München vs. Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korez

One of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. No joke.
zzf7p.jpg
Mother of god

Name? :O

spidye

I've heard something about classy Bayern fans, guess you're not part of that group huh? You had 10 other players who could have taken that kick and he was the one who stepped up, it wasn't the best kick ever, but it certainly wasn't the worst. Cech made a great safe and it is what it is.

well excuse me if there's one player I don't like. I don't care what you think about me but robben is an egoistical asshole who attacks his own teammates. that man can fuck off.

you're probably dutch and there is no reason to argue with you but how was wc 2010 for you guys. I hope you enjoyed it with your classy fans

F#A#Oo

Banned
If these so called "attacking" teams took burying a chance more seriously when opportunity knocks the likes of Barcelona would have been in the final...but instead they dilly dally around the pitch pretending they're playing this awe-inspiring football when it's just style over substance...

I hope more team realise the best way to play football is get just get the ball in the back of the net any way possible...and make sure you don't conceed goals and if that mean 10 players in their own half so be it.

Hackbert

both beautiful, aye....

my opinion on the game : ugly to watch, bad ending , salty tears...

but hats off to chelsea´s will. Bayern bottled it -.-"

Why do I get the feeling that defending is now a sin in football... Seriously... Chelsea did what they had to to get the Cup.

Barca can have all the possession in the world and beautiful tiki-taka passing, but it doesn't mean shit without trophies and it especially doesn't mean shit (also in Bayern's case) when you can't finish your fucking chances.

All this forces teams to do is to be a bit more creative in attack to take down defences like the ones Chelsea have done.

Whilst defensible on the merit of the sport now primarily being result driven, it's perfectly legitimate in my opinion to bemoan these tactics from a fans perspective. Every football fan is a fan of the game because they find beauty in it. I don't believe a single one finds it ideal to win games by parking the bus, even the Chelsea players concede this point, but ultimately they'll take the victory in anyway; perfectly reasonable. The call for the idealism and the flair, however, should always be vocal. It's something we should embrace and not relegate to just fairy tale or 'PlayStation football'.

well excuse me if there's one player I don't like. I don't care what you think about me but robben is an egoistical asshole who attacks his own teammates. that man can fuck off.

you're probably dutch and there is no reason to argue with you but how was wc 2010 for you guys. I hope you enjoyed it with your classy fans

It's not about the fact that you 'dislike him' but saying stupid stuff like 'he can go die in a corner' that is just plain stupid. Also, I'm pretty sure Ribery threw the first punch, but whatever. But hey, you're team just lost an important final and you're salty and angry, that's understandable, I've experienced a couple of those losses over the last couple of years.

And sharp as you are you already noticed that I'm Dutch, so yeah WC2010 was pretty great besides the loss in the finals to the Spaniards and yes Robben also messed up in that game, but he wasn't the only one, funny thing about soccer, it's still a team game.

Soi-Fong

Whilst defensible on the merit of the sport now primarily being result driven, it's perfectly legitimate in my opinion to bemoan these tactics from a fans perspective. Every football fan is a fan of the game because they find beauty in it. I don't believe a single one finds it ideal to win games by parking the bus, even the Chelsea players concede this point, but ultimately they'll take the victory in anyway; perfectly reasonable. The call for the idealism and the flair, however, should always be vocal.

I understand wanting beauty in the play of football and I get as excited as ever watching Barca play, but seriously, like tonight, Chelsea's squad just was not as good as Bayern's so they pretty much had no choice, but to resort to defensive measures again.

You also can't completely fault them since unlike the Barca games, they did try to attack and such.

It's not a beautiful way to win, but in the end, it is a win. Anybody stating Chelsea doesn't deserve the cup is just a twat or a butthurt Bayern or Barca fan (like my dumbass friend).

Would you guys prefer a RMARDRIDVSBARCELONA

Diving galore..? Sure that'd be better.

spidye

It's not about the fact that you 'dislike him' but saying stupid stuff like 'he can go die in a corner' that is just plain stupid. Also, I'm pretty sure Ribery threw the first punch, but whatever. But hey, you're team just lost an important final and you're salty and angry, that's understandable, I've experienced a couple of those losses over the last couple of years.

And sharp as you are you already noticed that I'm Dutch, so yeah WC2010 was pretty great besides the loss in the finals to the Spaniards and yes Robben also messed up in that game, but he wasn't the only one, funny thing about soccer, it's still a team game.

news_98136.jpg

it really blows my mind that you can still defend him.

and sorry, team game and robben does not compute. you should know this about him

F#A#Oo

Banned
I don't think you can have dutch players in a german team...lol

I mean the dutch can't even turn up to an Euro's and World Cups without in-fighting in the locker room...I think the last WC was when they decided to be calm for once and they managed a final...

spidye

I don't think you can have dutch players in a german team...lol

I mean the dutch can't even turn up to an Euro's and World Cups without in-fighting in the locker room...I think the last WC was when they decided to be calm for once and they managed a final...

his nationality is not important. I care about his attitude and for someone who is supposedly a great footballer he acts like a child on and off the pitch.

People moaning about teams sitting back need to take heed of the immortal words of John barnes

'youve got to hit them and hurt them, defend and attack!'

F#A#Oo

Banned
I don't understand what you're saying. Are you saying that Dutch players shouldn't play in German teams because Dutch players are arrogant?

Pretty much...the Dutch are resentful/bitter about the occupation of Netherlands during WW2 by Germany and it's managed to spill into football and remains intact today...

The greatest moment of my sporting interest. Incredible performance so happy we won! I hope Drogba and di Matteo stay, Bertrand was incredible too. He could have so easily bottled it but he was decent and did his job. I hope he gets game time next season could be a real asset if he can play anywhere down the left.

F#A#Oo

Banned
This applies to other countries too...when England beat Germany at football...WW2 is brought up. When the English go on holiday they have towels on sun loungers wars with Germans.

When Argentina play England...Falkland Islands gets brought up and it becomes an extension of that conflict...when Spain and Portugal play it's just a rematch of the 18th century wars...lol

Carbonox

Drogba has been on God tier over the last couple of months. Seriously, you could not write a better ending for him or any other player.

So I'm just back in. What a night. Ups and downs. But we won. Can't believe we did it. I blacked out for a few hours from the alcohol I consumed, but I'm now back among the living. What a great night.

FootballFan

Just got time to post now, Congrats Chelsea-GAF. Good defensive job, rode your luck at times but every team needs luck to win sometimes.

Bayern-GAF I feel bad for ya's, easily could have won. Robben.... *sigh*

Also really sucks for Tottenham supporters. Earned that 4th spot, bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom