• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UEFA Champions League Final 2012 - FC Bayern München vs. Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dibbz

I've said it before but Chelsea would be mad to let Drogba leave on a free. Sign him up and give him his two year contract.

Korez

Another Neville goalgasm
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxW6jkmHOJc

Bo-Locks

Every team "deserves" what they get, by definition- as is life, but it's easy to feel a little sympathy for Spurs in this instance. They really did throw it away in the last couple of months (just as United did). It's a rather cruel way to get booted out of the CL before they were even in it. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Spurs.

Congrats Chelsea, well deserved.

Salvadora

I think its time for Drogba to leave to be honest. He's at the end of his time at Chelsea and it would be better if he left on a high. Either that or give him a one year deal.

spidye

Also, anyone here know why Neuer had to take a penalty kick?

Seriously, Neuer had the most balls out there for Bayern..

neuer and lahm (maybe alaba and badstuber too) are the only players who actually want to win and fight the whole 90 minutes. fuck everyone else. especially that diva robben.

Soi-Fong

probably some players refused to shoot penalties... it might happen on these kind of situations

Well, gotta hand it to the Chelsea players then. Luiz, Lampard and Cole's penalties were magnificent and you could easily tell they were shot with confidence. Luiz's in particular surprised me. And i have to admit Lampard looked completely bad-ass (especially with the Captain's band) before taking his penalty kick and after.

DNF

Congrats to Chelsea.

Can't wait for 2013, when Bayern finally wins it. ;)

FC Bayern, Stern des Südens,
du wirst niemals untergehn.
Weil wir in guten wie in schlechten Zeiten
zueinander stehn.
FC Bayern, Deutscher Meister,
ja so heißt er, mein Verein.
Ja so war es und so ist es, und so wird es immer sein.

feel

Bosigwa and Torres had really great games. Fuck, I'm so happy right now for a bunch of these players, who gives a shit about Terry, there's so many players in there that deserved this.

hahah essien and kalou just made an eva sandwich. cant say i blame them!
Need a GIF of this stat

jtb

Banned
I did not think Luiz had the balls to take a penalty; thought he was gonna do a Ramos. And once Neuer had to step up to take one, you just kind of knew Chelsea had this one. Shades of '08, Anelka, and all that.

Hindsight is 20/20 :D

Sipowicz

Banned
the champions league and Uefa's are going to be dominated by english clubs this coming season

city, united, arsenal, tottenham, chelsea and the toon

it's going to be a fucking massacre

Carbonox

Looking back, thank fuck Newcastle didn't finish 4th. :lol That would have been way more disappointing than Spurs missing out on Champs League.

the champions league and Uefa's are going to be dominated by english clubs this coming season

English teams with their superiority complex treat the europa league like shit and the United and City team that were however many points of Chelsea couldn't get out of their groups this year...it's football, what sounds given on paper is probably the opposite of what we'll see.

xintin

I did not think Luiz had the balls to take a penalty; thought he was gonna do a Ramos. And once Neuer had to step up to take one, you just kind of knew Chelsea had this one. Shades of '08, Anelka, and all that.

Hindsight is 20/20 :D
Luiz has stepped up for penalties all year long, the only one he missed was in Leverkusen. Honestly Mata's was the most worrying for me. He's missed 3 this year I think and again tonight. but it doesnt really matter now :)

Wes

venison crêpe

This is said every year and it is never the case.

evilwart

English teams with their superiority complex treat the europa league like shit and the United and City team that were however many points of Chelsea couldn't get out of their groups this year...it's football, what sounds given on paper is probably the opposite of what we'll see.

Tottenham and Liverpool may look down on the Europa League, but Newcastle will be genuinely happy to be in Europe again and will probably give it their all.

Soi-Fong

Luiz has stepped up for penalties all year long, the only one he missed was in Leverkusen. Honestly Mata's was the most worrying for me. He's missed 3 this year I think and again tonight. but it doesnt really matter now :)

Yeah.. Seriously, everything went to hell after Mata's penalty was saved. It should have been Chelsea players sweating buckets. But nope, Luiz, Lampard and Cole kicked ass with their shots and was cool and calm.

This reminds me a lot of the shootout between US Women's and the Japanese Women's team during the WC where the US Women let the pressure get to them.

Tottenham and Liverpool may look down on the Europa League, but Newcastle will be genuinely happy to be in Europe again and will probably give it their all.
Yeah I'll agree to that, generalized a bit too much there Fulham did well too few years back. Also as a sidenote, never really got why Spurs don't go for it...wtf else are they so busy challenging for?

Lakitu

st5fu
Yeah I'll agree to that, generalized a bit too much there Fulham did well too few years back. Also as a sidenote, never really got why Spurs don't go for it...wtf else are they so busy challenging for?

They were challenging for the title this year until they started self-combusting.

Carbonox

The t...the.....the tit....the titl.....I'M SORRY I CAN'T SAY IT IT'S TOO FUNNY.

I can't wait for the Europa League next season. Newcastle - providing we get a couple more good players - could really compete IMO. Not necessarily win (but then who thought Fulham would get to the final) mind.

Bo-Locks

Never works ut like that. It's obvious that the German clubs have improved, the Italians are improving and the two Spanish behemoths are always loitering. Despite Chelsea's success, this has been a poor season for English clubs in Europe. It has been one of the most memorable seasons for English football in a long time.

I'd expect an English team in the final next year, but there won't be any one country's teams dominating and annihilating.

Soi-Fong

You know, I don't feel sorry for Schweinsteiger at all.. You know why, because more than likely, that hot girlfriend of his will give him some loving tonite!! lol

evilwart

Spurs would rather focus 100% on the premier league and try and get champions league football next season.

you can have him. I don't care. good luck with his injuries. that diva can go an die in a corner.
seriously I never want to see him again.
dutch national team, do your job!

I've heard something about classy Bayern fans, guess you're not part of that group huh? You had 10 other players who could have taken that kick and he was the one who stepped up, it wasn't the best kick ever, but it certainly wasn't the worst. Cech made a great safe and it is what it is.

lLrpe.jpg

Bosingwa was acting like a four year old looking for attention during that trophy ceremony, it was a bit embarrassing how they couldn't even line up to allow Terry in front

Soi-Fong

fuck this final, I hope the euros give us some football not this shitty final.

Why do I get the feeling that defending is now a sin in football... Seriously... Chelsea did what they had to to get the Cup.

Barca can have all the possession in the world and beautiful tiki-taka passing, but it doesn't mean shit without trophies and it especially doesn't mean shit (also in Bayern's case) when you can't finish your fucking chances.

All this forces teams to do is to be a bit more creative in attack to take down defences like the ones Chelsea have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom