• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 142 |OT| Yes, CHAD MENDES is headlining this pay-per-view

Status
Not open for further replies.

yacobod

Banned
Mirgliotta is the best ref in the UFC brah. Would you rather have inconsitent Herb Dean who's been coasting on his reputation for years, or surfer brag Yamasaki DQing a guy on suspect shots to the "back of the head"?

actually I'd like to see Rumble vs. Tito next. If Rumble loses, he can blame bad conditioning, if Tito loses he can reveal he was actually paralyzed from the waist down during a freak injury in practice 2 days earlier but didn't want to make any excuses.

dream

The sad thing is before he came to UFC nobody would ever think to say this. I guess the weight cuts have just been getting to him lately.

There was a time when Miguel Angel Torres was widely considered to be the top p4p fighter in the world too.

WEC was a lot of smoke and mirrors.

Heel

The guy manages to make 170 all the time

iDut2cHyI99Ag.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
How foolish of him.

The guy manages to make 170 all the time but can't make 185 in the biggest fight of his career?

he apparently cut so much weight (he was down to 187) his leg went numb and the docs made he rehydrate, thus blowing him up to 197.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
There was a time when Miguel Angel Torres was widely considered to be the top p4p fighter in the world too.

WEC was a lot of smoke and mirrors.

It's the same division...

Aldo has admitted to fighting safe since he became champion so not sure why everyone looks for another explanation.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I can't hear this song and not instantly think I'm playing Burnout. Platinum'd that bitch years ago.

dream

It's the same division...

Aldo has admitted to fighting safe since he became champion so not sure why everyone looks for another explanation.

He could very well steamroll WEC Fighter Chad Mendes but I think his fights against Kenny Florian and Machine Hominick showed that UFC competition is a step above what he was used to in the minor leagues.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
He could very well steamroll WEC Fighter Chad Mendes but I think his fights against Kenny Florian and Machine Hominick showed that UFC competition is a step above what he was used to in the minor leagues.

Hominick is mediocre. Dude hasn't beaten anyone since Yves Edwards 6 years ago.

I'd take Faber and Brown over Hominick all day.

Heel

It's a shame this card is going to pull so few buys. Great main card is about to be topped off by a new champion. :)

This fight could feature the loudest sustained booing on record. Or maybe Aldo will get his killer instinct back, but I doubt it.

dream

Hominick is mediocre. Dude hasn't beaten anyone since Yves Edwards 6 years ago.

I'd take Faber and Brown over Hominick all day.

I think Machine Hominick blows too but if there was a 6th round, he would have been FW champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom