• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 175 |OT| WSOF 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
ijRgsvL.jpg

look at that goddamn trio of scraps.

main event is amazing. "Notorious" Nick Newell is a one armed warrior:

vVScU0I.jpg

WSOF, the bastion of progressiveness in MMA sports entertainment, rewards his undefeated record with a title shot. amazing story. can he win? fuck no, have you seen Justin Gaethje before? but the possibility it might happen is fascinating. if he wins, you just might get a second MMA boom from the publicity. if he loses, a goddamn one armed man was fucked up by a fully bodied fella. backlash will send this sport back to bootleg VHS's being sold on Craigslist.

then you have Fitch (he's still alive) vs the one and only, the man who made Matt Hughes humble, Dennis Hallman. how the fuck you beat Hughes twice and lose to Twinkle Toes twice is beyond me.

JZ!!! while you marks were watching fixed Pride, Lambda was watching real HERO'S. Sefo ko'ing Min Soo Kim, the rise of the Janitor, Hideo Tokoro and his legendary battles with Black Mamba and Ken Kaneko. JZ is a HERO'S legend, won the LW tournament twice. Melvin is Melvin. UFC reject, Simon Phoenix cosplayer.

July 5th, brehs. 21:00 UK time, 16:00 East Coast, 13:00 West Coast on NBC. regular NBC, not NBC Sports. be there or be square.

onto what you came for...

S4EjK9l.jpg

BUR8AZf.png
EA8BQy3.png

Weidman (c) vs Machida

who's Chris Weidman? i dunno. i saw him beat Anderson Silva. then he disappeared. then i saw him beat Anderson Silva again. then he disappeared again. now he's back. UFC has completely failed to capitalize and turn into a draw. i dunno what he looks like without looking at a pic first. i can't even remember what he sounds like. but here he is, the All-American. even his nickname is lazy. but i know i can count on Chris Weidman for one thing: dick Machida around. finish him. get rid of the plague on the sport of MMA that his Machida. let him fuck off to Japan and do daily 50 men kumites under the watchful eyes of Francisco Filho, Glaube Feitosa and Ewerton Teixeira.

2LEu5HK.png
toRojij.png

Rousey (c) vs Davis

Rousey is the exact opposite of Weidman. protected and promoted, she's the only remaining draw in MMA. total squash match. i don't mind, Canada gave us Chris Jericho and SARS, screw them. poor Alexis. but hey, as long as she puts up a good show, helps put Rousey over, she'll keep a nice paycheck and a job.

Gacc6HS.png
XGiOFJ3.png

Struve vs Mitrione

man, remember when some mark said there was "no way" Hunt could beat Struve and even accepted a "loser leaves town" bet? good times. Mitrione should have this one easy. Struve is a glass jaw, a bootleg Semmy Schilt without the ground game, striking, chin, cardio, technique, etc.

KswbOl8.png
yVndNep.png

Hall vs Santos

remember when Uriah Hall was good? yeah, me neither.

V6qQRe7.png
mjgk6MS.png

Brimage vs Doane

goddamn, how is this in the PPV instead of Faber vs Leeroy?

Code:
Preliminary card (Fox Sports 1)

Bantamweight	Urijah Faber	vs.	Alex Caceres				
Welterweight	Kenny Robertson	vs.	Ildemar Alcantara				
Middleweight	Chris Camozzi	vs.	Bruno Santos				
Bantamweight	George Roop	vs.	Rob Font	

Preliminary card (UFC Fight Pass)

Middleweight	Luke Zachrich	vs.	Guilherme Vasconcelos				
Middleweight	Kevin Casey	vs.	Bubba Bush

DON FRYE'S PREDICTION CORNER:

iEzPVysS26JCL.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnHrXMkprZ4

a minute of silence for unjust dismissal of the greatest American hero to ever step inside the cage, the man of the hour, the man with the power, too sweet to be sour. he's the women's pet, the men's regret. what you see is what you get. and what you don't see is better yet.

Chael "Hero" Sonnen:

MrBdlJO.jpg

see you soon, friend.

iddqd

Machida Era 2.0
anigif_enhanced-buzz-6782-1404376435-25.gif

(dream on dreamer!)

The vlogs have also shown me that Alexis Davis is really REALLY happy to be there, very polite and has 0 chance of doing anything.

zychi

Banned
Im so hyped for this ufc ppv and the one in dublin later this month(my boy mcgregor gonna whoop some ass). Ufc is currently the best thing on tv.

VoxPop

Struve vs Mitrione

man, remember when some mark said there was "no way" Hunt could beat Struve and even accepted a "loser leaves town" bet? good times. Mitrione should have this one easy. Struve is a glass jaw, a bootleg Semmy Schilt without the ground game, striking, chin, cardio, technique, etc.

ron-simmons-damn-o.gif

And Newell needs to get rid of that little nipple on his stub. Shit makes it legit gross.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If Machida goes over I'm going to have a stroke

Why didnt dana seperate two title fights as two diff ppvs? Doesnt rousey sell?

She does ok but she really needs an opponent she can build off of. Carmouche had the hype of being the first UFC Womens Championshp fight and Tate had the hype of the genuine hatred between the camps. Davis isn't a talker and did not have a spectacular showing in her last outing. This fight is pretty much a mandatory #1 challenger title defense in a division where nobody stacks up well against the Champ.

VoxPop

Why didnt dana seperate two title fights as two diff ppvs? Doesnt rousey sell?

I think the McMann fight showed what she can draw when she's not riding the crutches of the GOAT. They really needed a Wanderlei fight to save it in 2014

So this is the new "stacked" card for the massive 4th of July show huh?

Looks to me like another UFC I can just look up the results the morning after the show.

What the hell happened to MMA?

I remember a time when you were kicking yourself for not dropping the $60 on a PPV because you missed 2 or 3 great fights.

Looks to me like another UFC I can just look up the results the morning after the show.

I remember a time when you were kicking yourself for not dropping the $60 on a PPV because you missed 2 or 3 great fights.

The era is over.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity

dana-white-shit-eatin-grin.jpg

Join us on the Glory train when Glory replaces this dying sport in 3-5 years.

Dysun

The former undercard fights that made PPVs worth watching are now headlining random Fox Sports and Fight Pass cards around the world

Razdek

Banned
UFC Creative has had their ups and downs but they're not that stupid.

The man drinks urine, for fuck's sake. I feel sorry for his wife.

His wife probably pisses in his mouth before their morning shower anyways so she's cool with it. Saves a flush.

Dipz

Banned

UFC got greedy.

To be fair, compared to every other card the UFC has put on this year, this one is incredibly stacked. Every fighter on the main card has a Wikipedia page. They really dug deep for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom