• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 175 |OT| WSOF 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipz

Banned
Weidman about to be exposed for the fraud that he truly is. Your luck's run out, bitch boy.
Nice username, fits you like a glove.

WeidmanSilvaUSATSI_7639284.jpg

Cry moar.

Weidman
Davis
Uhhh Meathead I guess? Does this fight even matter?
Hall I guess? But he usually stinks the joint up.....does this fight even matter?
Brimmage? *shrug*

Faber!

And on Sunday............Edgar beats BJ again =/

Dipz

Banned
I'm picking Bruce Leroy to shock da whirl on this card with a close decision win over Faber.

Also, Russell Doane is gonna pick Brimage apart to the point where he'll just want to drown his sorrows after by getting white girl wasted.

Heel

I hate to harp on this, but watching weigh-ins and Arianny has taken the plastic game to a whole new level. Her face looks like it's about to pop and spray collagen on the back of Buffer's neck.

I'm picking Bruce Leroy to shock da whirl on this card with a close decision win over Faber.

8JwaAAQ.gif

Also, Russell Doane is gonna pick Brimage apart to the point where he'll just want to drown his sorrows after by getting white girl wasted.

Nah breh, Dende scouted his power levels at weigh-ins. It's good.

charsace

Struve and Hall both have a lot of potential. If Struve ever learned how to fight tall he would be a threat to the title.

Squash match on the Main Card, I think this will be as bad as that Velasquez x Pezao fight, even worse. This will not go to the championship rounds, bookmark me.

So this is the new "stacked" card for the massive 4th of July show huh?

Looks to me like another UFC I can just look up the results the morning after the show.

What the hell happened to MMA?

I remember a time when you were kicking yourself for not dropping the $60 on a PPV because you missed 2 or 3 great fights.

Global expansion stretching talent too thin.

VASPER

Banned
People are underestimating Machida, i think this match will be competitive. Weidman is good and he has all the weapons to win, so we will see a good fight IMO. I like Machida's style tho so hate me if you will.

Jamie OD

So this is the new "stacked" card for the massive 4th of July show huh?

Looks to me like another UFC I can just look up the results the morning after the show.

What the hell happened to MMA?

I remember a time when you were kicking yourself for not dropping the $60 on a PPV because you missed 2 or 3 great fights.

Too many shows, too many injuries and too many cancelled fights. Also the new generation of fighters are not as compelling as the established stars.

cchum

Too many shows, too many injuries and too many cancelled fights. Also the new generation of fighters are not as compelling as the established stars.
Jumping off your point:
The change of setup hurt them a lot. It was actually more entertaining when they were competing for WWE dollars and not boxing. The short clips of fighters talking actually helped build character for those fighters. Now it's just some guy vs some other guy. I doubt many casual people watch the countdown shows.

Heel

I'd say the best young talented fighters are just as compelling, but the UFC platform is no longer conducive to creating buzz around a fighter. You have to go into business for yourself like Conor McGregor to get noticed.

kamspy

This card dissolved so quick.

I wanted TRT Vitor vs Weidman
Chael and Wandi for a circus match
keep Faber on the fucking main card

fuck.

I defend UFC's weak cards all the time. More fights the better I say, but just once a year, give me 5 main card fights I really want to see.

My UFC 175

Weidman v TRT Vitor
Rousey arm bar I guess, I'm not against it
Chael v Wandi or Rampage v Hendo or Tito. Give us a "Legends(senior)" division Dana
Cowboy v Miller
Faber v Bruceleeroy (see Rousey feelings)

Just one fucking card of all well known fighters once a year. I know the old guys are sloppy, but it's fun to watch.

Weidman will win if he can get out of the first and through some of the second. Machida is going for attempted murder during that time.

Vio-Lence

Banned
People are underestimating Machida, i think this match will be competitive. Weidman is good and he has all the weapons to win, so we will see a good fight IMO. I like Machida's style tho so hate me if you will.
What is this 2009? Machida era is done dotta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom