• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 199 Rockhold vs. Bisping 2 |OT| Stupid Sexy Rockhold

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who's supposed to be the millionaire? Or are they both?

Luke Rockhold? A millionaire?

dana-long-camera.gif

SteveWD40

Bisping is a douche too people seem to forget. His pitter patter strikes won't work on Rockhold.

I doubt anyone forgets that he used to be, but (for me at least) he has become much more likeable and everyone likes an underdog.

Your right though, his tactic of not planting / landing hard shots to give him the technical edge and out-point won't play well against a better striker who doesn't fear the take-down.

He did far far better than people thought he would against Sonnen and Silva but I think Luke is just the Rock to his Scissors, better everywhere and just as conditioned.

pixelation

Oh MMA gods i beg of you!!!, let Bisping win!!!... how?, how the heck am i supposed to know?... make him trip and break both his legs while fracturing both his arms so that Mike can rear naked choke him or some such!!!

Spuck-uk

Banned
Rockhold is such a dick, conversely Bisping is a good guy (these days), nice family, lots of time for fans etc...

That said, I don't see Mike having much for Luke, but the odds were so good I couldn't resist a flutter on Mike scraping a S/D.

Edit: the 2 weeks notice part is actually going to affect Mike's ability to go the distance, so I might as well have burnt that £10.

This.

Bisping acting the dick is total marketing, he's made a huge effort to meet fans every time I've seen him fight, and is a nice fella in person.

(Shame he's not as good at fighting as getting himself into good fights)

EYEL1NER

Man, this is the first event in a while that I actually want to see, versus feeling ambivalent about it and saying "I guess I'll watch those two fight." I have nowhere to watch it at the moment though, since I am no longer in an area where I see the fights for free on AFN and all my UFC-watching friends (all my regular friends for that matter) have moved away. Rather than having a Wild Wings over an hour away, one finally opened in town here and it looks like the BWW site says this location will be showing it. For people that go out to a public space like that to watch PPVs, how does that work? Will they stay open until the end of the event? Is there a cover charge to get into a chain-style pub like BWW? I've only been out for a fight once, to a bar, and they charged a couple membership fees and stuff anyway to get around the smoking ban.

I don't think he'll win at all but I like Bisping a lot and would like to see him fight again. I've been a fan ever since he retired Chainsaw Charles McCarthey back in '08. I like Faber too, though I have become a bit tired of watching his fights.

I have this bizarre feeling Faber is going to win tonight. I can't even explain why and I know its not super logical, the favorite is and should be Cruz. But I just have this weird feeling Faber is gonna somehow pull off the upset

brentech

I think that's the best way to start off a card. It isn't technical, but these guys are willing to throw. You hope it can carry from one fight to the next.

They look exhausted after 1.

This may not be ultra technical but good god is it a war. Honestly this is the kind of fight that takes years off of your career though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom