• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 248: Adesanya vs. Romero

Winners of main & co-main?

• Adesanya & Zhang

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Adesanya & Joanna

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Romero & Zhang

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Romero & Joanna

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MastAndo

Oh God, pop it, pop it!

Zhang looking gassed. Gotta give credit to Joanna, she's doing a hell of a job executing her gameplan and eating some big shots.

Last edited:

bronk

Banned
dYOBHws.jpg

Damn! Brutal.

MastAndo

UFC scoring is straight up shit. I mean, if Magny didn't get a 10-8 in the second round of his fight, it must be basically impossible to get...and not that anyone really wants to see it, but can you even have a draw -do they even ever score a 9-9 in even rounds?

I think the next few years for Joanna will look like the last few years for Frankie Edgar

always a top contender but won’t reclaim a belt

there were a few shots Zhang landed clean on Joanna that you could feel the impact. I thought Joanna had a broken jaw at one point

Last edited:

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
UFC scoring is straight up shit. I mean, if Magny didn't get a 10-8 in the second round of his fight, it must be basically impossible to get...and not that anyone really wants to see it, but can you even have a draw -do they even ever score a 9-9 in even rounds?

Wasn’t the first Woodley v Thompson fight a draw?

the issue with UFC scoring is 10-8s are wildly subjective and inconsistent

Draws should probably happen more often in MMA but it’s just difficult with the scoring system

I think Zhang won 3-2 (all 10-9 rounds) but nobody was getting robbed in that one either way

fuck my body isn’t ready for this main event

Last edited:
Top Bottom