• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 248: Adesanya vs. Romero

Winners of main & co-main?

• Adesanya & Zhang

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Adesanya & Joanna

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Romero & Zhang

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Romero & Joanna

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carton

Joe is being way too generous. The most compelling part of this fight was the ongoing anticipation that they’d finally open up. They didn’t. They fought like a football team chipping the ball to one another in the last few minutes of a game but they did it for the entire fight.

I mean I agree with 3-2 Izzy, it’s not like Yoel really helped his case

I understand the “lull you to sleep then explode” but when that’s all you do it looks like you’re doing nothing far too often

Hard to judge for a a guy who just stand there for half a round

I would’ve scored that fight 4-1 Izzy. I thought the only round Yoel won was the first.
Also, fucking disgusting that the referee was trying to push them to get in and brawl. Adesanya fought the correct way. He did enough damage and was active enough to win. When you’re the challenger, you need to take the belt. Yoel just didn’t do that.

manfestival

Just got home from the fights. Zhang Vs JJ! Already a front runner for fight of the year. just wow!

Also I personally scored that 3-2 Israel. Rounds 1 and 5 for Romero. I found Romero's speech at the end to be just dumb. It takes two to tango and he obviously respected your power enough to not blindly try to have a war. The fight gave me flashbacks of Woodley vs Stephen Thompson. The crowd booing and etc. I get that people(myself included) wanted to see a war. Instead we got a really technical battle of how one man will overcome a genetically modified human. The crowd booing is lamer than the fight itself.

Dariush with an impressive knock out. That fight ended up being the kind of fight that I think everyone wanted to see from Adesanya and Romero.

Overall: A rating for the card. Zhang and JJ really elevated the entire card. I felt like I could go home and be happy without seeing the main event at that point.

Just got home from the fights. Zhang Vs JJ! Already a front runner for fight of the year. just wow!

Also I personally scored that 3-2 Israel. Rounds 1 and 5 for Romero. I found Romero's speech at the end to be just dumb. It takes two to tango and he obviously respected your power enough to not blindly try to have a war. The fight gave me flashbacks of Woodley vs Stephen Thompson. The crowd booing and etc. I get that people(myself included) wanted to see a war. Instead we got a really technical battle of how one man will overcome a genetically modified human. The crowd booing is lamer than the fight itself.

Dariush with an impressive knock out. That fight ended up being the kind of fight that I think everyone wanted to see from Adesanya and Romero.

Overall: A rating for the card. Zhang and JJ really elevated the entire card. I felt like I could go home and be happy without seeing the main event at that point.

Izzy has a massive reach, and ran when joel tried to engage which in fairness was not often. joel is a idiot though he should have started running to clinch and go for take downs.

manfestival

Izzy has a massive reach, and ran when joel tried to engage which in fairness was not often. joel is a idiot though he should have started running to clinch and go for take downs.
I don't understand. Are you trying to inform me of something or are you just sharing your thoughts here? Also his name is Yoel, not Joel.

Tesseract

Banned
tenor.gif

i'm still freakishly stoned but uh, ggs all

That was an amazing co-main! She may have looked like an alien at the end, but Joanna won 2, 3, and 4.

Nah she lost 1, 4 and 5. 4 is when she really got hurt. She landed some counters but they just didn't do much. Judges look for effect as well as landing. 2 more rounds and Joanna's head would have exploded and she looked far more tired in the 5th than Weili.

Last edited:

manfestival

Man I have to say I hate adesanyas fighting style. That same kick feint over and over. Ughhhh
Yeah I think it was super frustrating for Yoel too. The guy has length in every department and conditioning over Yoel but Israel just played it super respectful once again like Woodley vs Thompson. Too much respect = boring fight and rounds like 5 strikes thrown in 5 minutes lol.
Apparently Korean Zombie and Brian Ortega got into a fight in the crowd and separately Paulo Costa had to be thrown out of the arena

Both Joanna and Zhang were transported straight to hospital after their fight
I didn't watch the video but that is crazy that they got into a fight. I really like Changsungjung and I think Brian Ortega is the real test to see if he has improved after all of these years. I thought it was weird that Costa got thrown out of the arena but we could see it when the cop got in his face when Yoel started calling him out again.

Side thought: I forgot to mention that Neil Magny put his hands on Li but Li has that heart of a warrior. I do hope we continue to see more of Neil since he felt more of an older style of UFC in the ring.

Top Bottom