• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cowboy

Cowboy or McGregor?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
giphy.gif

CesarNsnake

Neo Member
Obviously rigged fight: Cerrone had the TD first and didnt even went for it (a veteran doing that?), and not reacting to the FOUR shoulder hits even, so now Cowboy cant fight in a clinch? really sad fight, and the commentators trying to sell us McG as the second coming all night...

Hard to gauge too much off of that but it was dominant. I’m hopeful he’ll be fighting again pretty soon. 2020 is good so far!

❤️❤️❤️ Cowboy too. What a fucking champ.

Last edited:

manfestival

I didnt really care for the fight card overall. I guess it was ok but it was pretty much what I expected. However, that promo reel of the upcoming events. The UFC has some BANGER events coming up. Oh my goodness, I don't know which I want to see more

RealGassy

Banned
Why? For McGregor to get decisively mauled again? Cowboys style and skill isn't even in the same universe as that of Khabib.
Don't shit on Cowboy, the guy has skills, he's just too old and has accumulated way to much damage by taking part in too many fights.
It wasn't a fair fight.

Don't shit on Cowboy, the guy has skills, he's just too old and has accumulated way to much damage by taking part in too many fights.
It wasn't a fair fight.

Neither was the McGegor vs Khabib fight. One fighter looked like a fucking toddler.

Conor wasn't training that hard, and was drinking a lot leading up to the Khabib fight... and his foot was a balloon! Conor still won a round against Khabib.

Many have won a round or two against Khabib. His signature mothod is ENDING fights, by tiring out his opponents then locking them up with his ground game.

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
Why? For McGregor to get decisively mauled again? Cowboys style and skill isn't even in the same universe as that of Khabib.

Don’t be that MMA authority guy.

It’s interesting that the general feeling at 155 is Tony/Khabib is the real champ fight, but Connor just did to cowboy at 170 in 40 seconds what Tony couldn’t do at all at 155.

Last edited:

mekes

Well there it is, anything is still possible in a McGregor main event I guess. That should be good news for us all this year. I’ve seen this cowboy before, vs RDA in a title fight. He just started out the blocks too slow, and Conor started the exact opposite.

Should be an interesting year for Conor after this. He looked clean for the first time in years. Good for him.

DKehoe

Yeah, he was slurring his speech. Might be time to hang it up.

Cerrone burns through a lot of money. I hope he has enough saved to give himself the retirement he's earned and deserves. This fight alone should be enough to set him up. It'd be a pity if he has to keep fighting over and over just to get by.

Ornlu

Banned
Obviously rigged fight: Cerrone had the TD first and didnt even went for it (a veteran doing that?), and not reacting to the FOUR shoulder hits even, so now Cowboy cant fight in a clinch? really sad fight, and the commentators trying to sell us McG as the second coming all night...

If you're going to throw a fight, you don't do it via an ass-beating. You throw a fight by being KO'd by phantom punches, or dive into easy submissions.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Cerrone burns through a lot of money. I hope he has enough saved to give himself the retirement he's earned and deserves. This fight alone should be enough to set him up. It'd be a pity if he has to keep fighting over and over just to get by.
Cerrone is broke?

Last edited:
I mean....Connor missed with that first shot as he ducked under it, Connor accidentally kneed him which started to the whole thing off.

Wet fizzle of an ending to the card, but honestly the card in practice was way better than it looked on paper. Some absolutely stellar fights.

mekes

Cerrone wont be broke, he is looked after by the UFC and they have hooked him up with all of their major sponsors.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I mean....Connor missed with that first shot as he ducked under it, Connor accidentally kneed him which started to the whole thing off.

Wet fizzle of an ending to the card, but honestly the card in practice was way better than it looked on paper. Some absolutely stellar fights.
That big Oleneik match was good. Never heard of the guy. His stand up game is awful, but can take a punch. Surprisingly good wrestling skills from such a big slow guy. He reminds me of the boxer Valuev.

Cerrone comes from money. He would be fine if he never fought in the UFC. His BMF ranch was a gift from his Grandpa.

DKehoe

Cerrone is broke?

I remember him talking about having taken a few fights to pay off tax bills because he’d spent all his income without realising he needed to pay taxes on it.

Like T TERRORIFFIC said he comes from a wealthy family. So he’s probably fine no matter what happens. But it wouldn’t shock me if he’s not saved anything.

Dozed off to sleep as main card was starting (6 am here) and mccregor fight went predictably. We don't know which cowboy will ever show up. Doesn't watch other fighters before facing em, was not gonna shoot or wrestle (otherwise gonna be a pussy) and was sluggish from the get go.
Mcgregor was a little more humble this time, it needed to happen and he's better for it. (ariel helwanis take was a pile of shit on the subject).

Masvidal was a pimp, it was all fake according to nate diaz, Usmans twitter got hacked, Tommy Chong was there. Holly zzz her way to victory. Good drama.

Khabib v Tony happens and if Khabib wins he's not fighting for a while. Ramadan ends 23rd May (or so) couple of weeks holiday, 2-3 month camp and fight happens August /September I think. Mcgregor needs to beat Gaethje or Poirier to deserve a rematch. I personally would love to see Gaethje v Khabib. Bit early I know, but we all know what type of guy Tony ferguson is.

if Conor can beat either Poirier, Masvidal, or Usman, then he has rightfully earned a Khabib rematch IMO
He already beat Poirier. I want to see Tony pull out, Conor step in, and beat Khabib. Jorge Masvidal beat Usman for the Welterweight title. Then they can make the biggest fight of the decade in Conor VS Jorge towards the end of the year.

CesarNsnake

Neo Member
If you're going to throw a fight, you don't do it via an ass-beating. You throw a fight by being KO'd by phantom punches, or dive into easy submissions.
With the audience THIS fight in particular had? It had to be believable..
Besides its just another beating for a fighter nothing uncommon for a lot of millions

GymWolf

It wasn't rigged, just the most tailored tune up fight ever.

Everyone with a brain already know the result of this fight.

Lol at people who thought about this match being somewhat competitive :lollipop_tears_of_joy: :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

Ornlu

Banned
It wasn't rigged, just the most tailored tune up fight ever.

Everyone with a brain already know the result of this fight.

Lol at people who thought about this match being somewhat competitive :lollipop_tears_of_joy: :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

This man gets it.

Cerrone ALWAYS loses when he gets blitzed. He's like a much smaller Frank Mir in that regard.

So whattaya know...McGregor blitzed him and the fight was over in less than a minute. I've seen a few rigged fights/intentional throws. Getting the shit kicked out of you is not the way to do it.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Conor was extremely physical, showed finesse and overall it was a good matchup and whatever fight Conor chooses I expect their to be drama, a lot of money and a fight.
giphy.gif

Top Bottom