• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 244: Masvidal vs Diaz

East Coast Gangstar or West Coast Gangstar for the gatekeeper belt

• Masvidal

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Diaz

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hosam6xavi

Banned
He can take a hit 😂

pIaIxxJ.jpg

MastAndo

On a side note - uh oh, the plan was to have the Canelo fight start at around 1 AM EDT, to time it so it's after Diaz and Masvidal, but the fight prior just ended in a KO a few moments into the 1st round. They probably have some trash pre-recorded fights to show, but I wonder if they're really going to hold off until 1.

On a side note - uh oh, the plan was to have the Canelo fight start at around 1 AM EDT, to time it so it's after Diaz and Masvidal, but the fight prior just ended in a KO a few moments into the 1st round. They probably have some trash pre-recorded fights to show, but I wonder if they're really going to hold off until 1.

yeah, wonder if they have the crew ready to just stall as long as possible

KOMANI

KOMANI
Complete snoozefest. Did that first judge have it 30-27 Gastelum or did I hear that wrong? If so, I'm liking Rogan's idea even more to have scores displayed on the jumbotron during matches, with judges names and all.
They do something similar in other countries, outside the U.S, for boxing. Some countries will read out the judge scorecards every 3 rounds, and others every round. It really should be adopted.

MastAndo

MMA (and combat sports entertainment in general) is weird like that - it would probably have been much better for a guy like Till, career-wise and financially, to have lost a slugfest in a blaze of glory in a final round KO than to have eked out a split decision in a boring, uneventful fight despite winning.

Top Bottom