• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 244: Masvidal vs Diaz

East Coast Gangstar or West Coast Gangstar for the gatekeeper belt

• Masvidal

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Diaz

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SHxd2yf.jpg

Main

i6eyDJ8.jpg

Prelim
BYGxKW7.jpg

Source, early prelim & times in your area.

You have to stack a ppv like this without a title (real one). Main card looks great, and Johnny Walker to wrap up prelims is almost perfect. No dancing allowed for him.

Last vids for Tesseract Tesseract as he's Nates bestie & Gamebred for JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered .

Nates chin needs to be tested (it's solid), and Masvidal has already tested and destroyed a few chins. I'm team Masvidal for this one.

Last edited:
Thanks for the thread UQ, fresh as always

I am gonna do a deep dive on this later, some really fascinating matchups on main card and undercard

I was on a hot streak for a little while with my picks but I hit a stretch recently of all misses so hopefully I am due for some correct calls finally

Last edited:

AlphaMale

I don't like Diaz's cockiness, so I'd prefer a Mazvidal win. However, I think Diaz's cardio is far superior, so he'll likely win if it goes 3 rounds or more.

I don't like Diaz's cockiness, so I'd prefer a Mazvidal win. However, I think Diaz's cardio is far superior, so he'll likely win if it goes 3 rounds or more.

I’m not disagreeing with you, Diaz has better cardio but have we ever seen Masvidal truly
gas out? I remember he went 5 rounds with Benson, at lightweight, sometime around 4 years ago in a fight I remember being fairly competitive (it’s been awhile, I could be wrong). He’s won numerous 3 round decisions.

Diaz has better cardio than 98 percent of the UFC roster but I wouldn’t say cardio is a weakness of Jorge’s. Unless I’ve missed something, which I may have

Max_Po

Banned
I have Masvidal, but not by flashy first few seconds KO. I think it will be 3 rd round when Nate gets picked apart.

I like Nate as well, but he lost all harder fights, Ben Henderson, Rory McDonals.... etc ... I feel that he will lose.

i see you and i are enemies in this fight, quantity

(i really like mas, it's gonna be like watching two brothers fight)

They probably practice karate together.

Saw this on my fb feed and it seemed appropriate.

WlYDrCu.jpg

It's WWE /ufc with the Rock presenting the 'belt', and a former WWE participant (trump) in attendance.

This will be discussed once this is over. O'Malley not happy.

SpiceRacz

I’m not disagreeing with you, Diaz has better cardio but have we ever seen Masvidal truly
gas out? I remember he went 5 rounds with Benson, at lightweight, sometime around 4 years ago in a fight I remember being fairly competitive (it’s been awhile, I could be wrong). He’s won numerous 3 round decisions.

Diaz has better cardio than 98 percent of the UFC roster but I wouldn’t say cardio is a weakness of Jorge’s. Unless I’ve missed something, which I may have

Diaz looked tired in the 2nd and 3rd round of the Pettis fight. He'll probably be in better shape for this fight, but who knows. Masvidal has great cardio too.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I'm more hyped for this than death stranding...

I have my good weed for special occasion and i ordered 40 euros of pork's couples for the munchies, my body is ready.

Hoping for a double ko in the main event and rooting hard for my boys kelvin and johnny walker.

Ready for kevin "the deluded cuntown phenom" lee being destroyed by gregor in a wrestling match.

Can't wait.

The image in the op is my new wallpaper. :lollipop_grinning_smiling_eyes:

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
I picked Jorge because I really would like to see him get a payday despite being a fan of the Diaz brothers. Nate has a good series with Connor, he’s got some walk around money. Purely from a skill perspective they’re very evenly matched, Nate probably enjoying an endurance advantage with Jorge probably having the heavier hands.

Diaz is a slow starter, that's what im worried about, it's like you fighting a guy and you dont wanna hurt him, he gets confident go harder at you then you like ok now im gonna fuck you up, diaz should stop with that courtesy.

That's a great card; every single match on the main card is worth watching. Johnny Walker is on the freakin prelims for crying out loud!

I got Masvidal easy. Nate looked so slow and sloppy in the Pettis fight. I believe he lost a lot of passion after the Conor paydays. I doubt he'll ever get it back. Masvidal's boxing is just too crisp and he's in top form.

Damn, Nate is so much taller than Masvidal. I think I’m swaying more towards Nate after seeing the weigh in. His shape looks a lot better than past ventures at 170.

Till was also taller and heavier than Masvidal on fight night. Then again, Till cuts a massive amount of weight on purpose, and we've seen how that can negatively effect fighters. Diaz is close to his natural weight.

Carton

I’ve been vacillating on my prediction for Diaz-Masvidal. I am going to go with Masvidal: he has the power and gas tank to get it done; he’ll pop him and follow up quick enough to force a ref stoppage.

I like Gastellum and I think he hands Till another KO loss, but I am rooting for Till just because I wouldn’t like to see his brain shook again so soon nor for him to go 0 for 3 consecutively.

Honestly I can’t even predict this card. I’ve tried writing down my thoughts and I keep second guessing myself before finishing

to me so many of the fights are 50/50 coin flips. I can see either buy having numerous ways to win in a majority of the matchups

gonna be a fun night

For the main event I picked Masvidal but I wouldn’t be confident enough to bet money on it

edit

If someone were to tell me that JW scores another highlight KO I wouldn’t be surprised at all, and if someone told me that Corey Anderson grinder out a 3 round decision I wouldn’t be surprised either

Last edited:
Top Bottom