• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 196 Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz |OT| Fook The Belt feat. Ninja Shit & Touch Butt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
As narrated by DMX
CcKhryGUAAALKy4.jpg

The Main Event story:

Conor McGregor UFC Featherweight champion was originally slated to face Rafael dos Anjos UFC Lightweight champion for the lightweight belt, but RDA has stepped out of the championship fight due to Big Foot-itis and so in his place will be a non-title bout at 170 where Stockton motherfucker's, very own Nate Diaz has stepped up to the plate and changed his bum life.

And so on one side:

fnEVfjy.gif

wait wrong brother

On one side:

tMcfWwp.gif

Nate Diaz, the #5 in UFC's lightweight division and in his corner his very own brother Nick Diaz:

76ZlcgU.gif

In the other:

qUDIQwQ.gif

Featherweight champion Conor McGregor and in his corner movement coach, Ido Portal:

0N2l4Q.gif

The Co-main Event story:

eSq5K0d.gif
vs
Egy50uh.gif

After defeating Ronda Rousey in what many call a major upset The Preacher's Daughter, Holly Holm is not looking to wait around until Rousey declares her return. So she looks to face Cupcake Tate in what is sure to be a treat for fans as Tate goes in to prove she's not easily baked or beaten and has put in work at the oven that is Xtreme Couture. While in turn Holly Holm looks to prove she is not a one hit wonder in what may be either a baptism by fire or a bloody exorcism.

Fight Card:

E3wkrxz.png

YHCpGR5.png

Supplementary Material:

iy6ZVOu.gif

Nate Diaz's Gameplan against Conor
Holly Holm Dances Near Fan
UFC 196 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 1
UFC 196 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 2
UFC 196 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 3
UFC 196 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 4
Countdown to UFC 196: Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz
Countdown to UFC 196: Holly Holm vs Miesha Tate

Rur0ni

Fantastic title. I really don't know who wins the main event, McGregor looks rather large and strong.

I'm guessing Tate in the co-main though via grappling.

Max_Po

Banned
Fantastic title. I really don't know who wins the main event, McGregor looks rather large and strong.

I'm guessing Tate in the co-main though via grappling.

I don't see Miesha doing anything to Holly.

This will be the last time Miesha even gets close to the title.

i find the diaz brothers hilarious. even though i see conor winning this big i want nate to last at least to 4th round to save face at least.

Spy

What I find hilarious is how people think this is going to be an easy fight for Conor. I have it 50/50 and can see the fight going either way, I'm actually leaning towards Nate for the upset. It's easy to forget how good Diaz is, especially when you don't have to fear the takedown.

Cracklox

Ha. Much lols at op. Good job

So hope Nate puts Conner in his place
sadly, I don't think he will

FUME5

Really looking forward to this one.

If Nate wins we might see our first death in the Octagon as Dana has a coronary.

3N16MA

Banned
What does Conor do if he loses? Say bye to the 170 title shot and move back to 145 or 155? Nate would clown his ass for eternity.

What I find hilarious is how people think this is going to be an easy fight for Conor. I have it 50/50 and can see the fight going either way, I'm actually leaning towards Nate for the upset. It's easy to forget how good Diaz is, especially when you don't have to fear the takedown.

If he'd been ready for it I'd agree, as it stands I think Conor KO's him in the 2nd round. But if it goes near the floor McGregor is fucked. I'm tempted to put $100 on Diaz winning by submission just because the odds are so good, and it's the only way McGregor will lose. i think you're right in people thinking this is an easy fight, it really isn't.

Spy

If he'd been ready for it I'd agree, as it stands I think Conor KO's him in the 2nd round. But if it goes near the floor McGregor is fucked. I'm tempted to put $100 on Diaz winning by submission just because the odds are so good, and it's the only way McGregor will lose. i think you're right in people thinking this is an easy fight, it really isn't.
I know Dana is known to lie but I've heard multiple reports saying he was preparing for a triathlon (which I know is not fighting shape) but still. If Nate had to cut to 155 on short notice then I'd definitely favor Conor but as it stands, I think Nate can take him in the stand up too. How many of Conor's recent opponents were bigger than him? Max Holloway is the only one I can think of and he's 5'11 with only 71 inch reach. Diaz is a much better striker than Holloway except he's like 6'1 with a 76 inch reach.

People assume Conor will employ a gameplan similar to what Condit did to Nick, in and out. The problem with that is Condit is much bigger and longer than Conor and it was still a close controversial fight. To top it off, it's not easy to finish a Diaz brother and if his cardio is even halfway decent, it's going to be a long night.

I still think it's a 50/50 fight but don't be surprised if Nate makes Conor look silly on the feet and brings everyone back down to reality like Holly did with Ronda. There's a reason Conor nearly kills himself to make that weight cut down to 145.

manfestival

I am ready for this. I expect connor to win but you never know. Especially when jumping up 2 weight classes and all

if Conor wins this, and then proceeds to get that coward Hafael to agree to fight him and wins the Lightweight title later this year, I think he climbs pretty far up the ranks of greatest of all time. He passes Frank Mir, and I'd probably put him right next to Baby Jay tied for number 2, just behind the GOAT Jon Bones Jones.

3N16MA

Banned
if Conor wins this, and then proceeds to get that coward Hafael to agree to fight him and wins the Lightweight title later this year, I think he climbs pretty far up the ranks of greatest of all time. He passes Frank Mir, and I'd probably put him right next to Baby Jay tied for number 2, just behind the GOAT Jon Bones Jones.

If he wins this he will use it to get a shot at Lawler at UFC 200. It's the bigger fight, bigger payday, cements his legacy even further if he beats Robbie.

Want Conor to win and think he will, but gonna stick some money on Diaz. 3/1 is crazy odds lol. Don't see how he wins it though unless it's a submission off his back. More likely for him to get knocked out in 5 rounds than him getting a decision.

Want Conor to win and think he will, but gonna stick some money on Diaz. 3/1 is crazy odds lol. Don't see how he wins it though unless it's a submission off his back. More likely for him to get knocked out in 5 rounds than him getting a decision.

Here in Aus it's 7/1 for a submission win for Diaz, very good odds! Go for the sub win, he ain't gonna win any other way.

DKehoe

Nick's not actually allowed to be in Nate's corner is he? His ban includes that stuff too.

Pity the fight is only happening on such short notice but it should still be really entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom