• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 196 Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz |OT| Fook The Belt feat. Ninja Shit & Touch Butt

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Nate should easily be able to employ dat Stockton Slap to an easy decision. He could easily sub him as well. He's an idiot so he'll probably try some ninja shit and get KO'd. I'd rather Connor won to see if he'd actually take a fight against Lawler (who is a big welterweight).

You have to admit Conor has balls. He was preparing for a 155 fight and with 11 days notice goes to 170, just to make sure the fight happens?

Athough Conor McGregor is the smaller fighter and a champion of the featherweight weight class, it appears he was the one to suggest a welterweight match-up against Nate Diaz as a UFC 196 replacement.

According to UFC President Dana White, when he suggested a 165-pound match-up against Diaz, McGregor pushed for it to take place at welterweight.

"The fight is supposed to be at 155," White told MMAJunkie.com. "Nate says he wants it at 165. I said, ‘No, this kid is moving up from 145 to 155. You told me you could make 155. You've got to make 155.' He can't make 155, so I said, ‘Let's do 160.' He can't do 160, so I tell Conor, ‘He can't do 160 pounds. He wants to do 165 pounds.' Conor says, ‘You tell him it's 170.'

"So now we have a welterweight bout. Conor McGregor is moving from 145 pounds to 170 pounds to fight Nate Diaz."

Balls of steel right there.

Fergie

Banned
tMcfWwp.gif

What a gif.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
He's fighting another Lightweight so it's not that big of a deal, he also gets Diaz on a weeks notice.

Spy

You have to admit Conor has balls. He was preparing for a 155 fight and with 11 days notice goes to 170, just to make sure the fight happens?

Balls of steel right there.
This is just the UFC hype train talking. Conor is a natural 155lber and his opponent is a 155lber too. Since his opponent had basically no time to train it wouldn't be fair to make him make cut weight on a few days notice.

Conor's obsession with money really gets in my tits. Have some humility for fuck's sake.

I think his disrespect for people getting injured is worse. He better hope nothing ever happens to him before a fight because he's going to have to go out there with a collapsed lung or a fractured arm with the way he talks.

I think his disrespect for people getting injured is worse. He better hope nothing ever happens to him before a fight because he's going to have to go out there with a collapsed lung or a fractured arm with the way he talks.

Yeah, the "bruise" dos Anjos' foot had looked more like a planet growing out of it.

I think either dude could have won but there's no way dos Anjos was afraid of McGregor, especially after the run he's been on.

But it's predictable and McGregor's act was cute and funny at first but it's getting a bit stale and repetitive.

darscot

Well he did fight with a blown out knee, I think he talks shit about injury because he is one of those guys that would lie and try and hide it so he could fight. He was critical that Dos Anjos allowed an Xray.

BadAss2961

Conor's got the speed and the advantage of a full training camp, but his fans should be worried about this one. He could get boxed up from distance or submitted on the ground.

I still think he'll get it done since things never seem to pan out for the Diaz Bros in the Ultimate. Forever disgruntled.

Conor's got the speed and the advantage of a full training camp, but his fans should be worried about this one. He could get boxed up from distance or submitted on the ground.

I still think he'll get it done since things never seem to pan out for the Diaz Bros in the Ultimate. Forever disgruntled.

I hope I'm wrong but I think the fight is going to be super quick.

I guess there is that initial "feeling out" process but I'd be surprised if it goes more than a round.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah especially since someone has recently died from it. Crazy how bad some of them are. Rumble once fighting at 170 is crazy to think about lol

Dada 5000 nearly died because he is a goddamned idiot and Bellator has no soul, the cut was just the means.

Aiii

So not worth it
Nate has his friends with him and of course you don't want to get beat on by Nick Diaz a day before your fight. Can hardly blame McGregor for not calling for that one.

Or was Nick not there? He is probably banned from this, too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom