• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 196 Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz |OT| Fook The Belt feat. Ninja Shit & Touch Butt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conor actually pulled off a pretty sick x guard type sweep on diaz in the first round. His bjj is legit, Nates is just way better

I think Joe Rogan was on point when he said saying Conor's ground game sucks is like telling a guy walking wobbly after getting head kicked to work on his walking.

The fight was over by the time he shot at Nate, he was out on his feet already and tried to survive by going to the ground, which was never gonna work.

I think Joe Rogan was on point when he said saying Conor's ground game sucks is like telling a guy walking wobbly after getting head kicked to work on his walking.

The fight was over by the time he shot at Nate, he was out on his feet already and tried to survive by going to the ground, which was never gonna work.

While that's definitely true, I think its also the case that Nate's ground game is much better than Conors. And conor is no slouch

I think holly holm is a different matter. It looks like she legit needs some work on the ground and on her back

While that's definitely true, I think its also the case that Nate's ground game is much better than Conors. And conor is no slouch

I think holly holm is a different matter. It looks like she legit needs some work on the ground and on her back

I don't dispute that, but people saying Conor's ground game got exposed in this fight are talking crazy. We didn't see much of it before he was already too rocked to do anything.

It's weird that Holly's ground game is so weak. She's said in interviews that she's been training that a lot and I know she worked on it for the Ronda fight. She probably panicked, which didn't help matters at all, but I was really surprised at how bad she looked on her back.

Conor did nothing but look at the ref against Mendes while on the ground.

Maybe he's decent there but I think Eddie Bravo was exaggerating.

If dos Anjos got him on the ground, he'd be able to do nothing too.

Conor did nothing but look at the ref against Mendes while on the ground.

Maybe he's decent there but I think Eddie Bravo was exaggerating.

If dos Anjos got him on the ground, he'd be able to do nothing too.

Eh, he got back to his feet twice after being taken down and got back to full guard after Mendes passed to side control like a hot knife through butter. I dont think its fair to say he did nothing, but it was kinda crazy how quickly Chad passed his guard after the third takedown

-MD-

FIyhW2N.jpg

Hadn't seen this one yet, great photo.

His hands are so low.

The guy has a great chin... against 145 pounders. One reason he gets so many knock outs is in the past he hasn't been remotely afraid of getting knocked out, so he's happy to eat shots to get in and land his bombs.

What happened here was he came against someone that could eat *his* shots, and he absorbed far too many in trying to land them. The Diaz boys are a perfect example that knockout power isn't necessary. Volume can be just as effective, even if it doesn't end fights in record time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom