• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 196 Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz |OT| Fook The Belt feat. Ninja Shit & Touch Butt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they wouldn't let the fight continue if the blood got any worse. A bad cut over the eye is extremely dangerous. Can blind a fighter. I'm not saying Conor was about to KO Diaz. But a bad cut right there, is absolutely a fight ending cut. Doctor would've been within his rights to have stopped it in that 2nd. Not to mention the fact, Nate would not be able to see out of that eye for much longer, leaving him with half his vision for the fight.

But he it did look like he had him on the ropes with making his face a mask of blood. And after he opened the cut up further, Conor was just standing infront of Diaz way way too much. Closer to how a brawler would fight than a boxer. I mean, Nate has the height advantage, so Conor always had to close the distance, but for a lot of the 2nd Conor just had no defense, was really leaving his chin out there. I mean, that's just the game. The more aggressive you are, that can happen. But Conor just standing there, he got really cocky. Should've just kept slipping in and out while working that cut.

He fought Diaz like he was fighting a 145 guy, who can't really hurt him.

But, it was a single punch that changed the fight. That's it. Conor stepped into big shot, right on the chin. And on another note, chins can get very over rated. One of the reasons it seems Diaz has an iron chin is simply his style of fighting which is, he is always backing away. Looking to counter. This can work amazingly against a smaller guy like Conor.

But if you are always backing off, moving away, those punches don't hurt nearly nearly as much. It's the same in boxing, the guys with the best chins, tend to be the ones that are simply hard to hit cleanly. Nate is always moving away. If he stepped into a left hook from Conor and took it clean, he would be doing the booty dance, despite his bigger size. It's not the chin so much as the technique. But those were all half glancing.

The cut that opened was a from scar tissue nate has accumulated throughout his career, he has the potential to bleed like this in almost every fight and the fight has never ended as a result of it. Both the diaz brothers have the same issue, heres some post fight comparisons...
Nick-Diaz-UFC-137-Post_1365.jpg
watch-nate-diaz-gave-an-epic-interview-to-fox-sports-after-beating-conor-mcgregor.jpg

Also, Conner is a larger 145 pounder and Diaz's last fight was at 155... Conner weighed in at 168 and Diaz 169, except, Conner was 168 conditioned with a full training camp. To suggest that Diaz is some huge guy Conner just couldn't handle the power of is absurd. This was a fight against two guys who should be fighting at 155 but didn't need to worry about cutting weight, last night they were probably close to the same in weight IMO. Conner just blew his load (as per usual) in the first round hoping for the KO. Diaz gave away the first round (as he said he would) basically just to establish range and essentially warm up since he didn't get any significant sparring.

After the first round Conner was done, they had 4 rounds to go, Conner has never been to the 4th round and in the one fight he went the distance in he looked tired by the 3rd. It may have been a single punch that significantly and abruptly changed the pace of the fight, but otherwise it would have just been an accumulation of punches from Diaz who only picks up in pace as the fight progresses.

Also Diaz may parry punches but he primarily fights moving forward, he let Conner blow his load in the first round and just weathered the storm until the second, the reason Conner was countered was because Diaz was starting to plant himself and was timing Conner as he was slowing down.

Finally, i doubt a clean left hook would have effected Diaz as much as you assume...remember it took this just to get a technical knockout on him..

josh-thomson-nate-diaz-head-kick.gif

Wait, I get Aldo, but Dos Anjos? Didnt he break his foot?
He had a planet growing out of his foot that Conor said was a bruise that could be remedied by ice and Ibuprofen. Dos Anjos didn't puss out of anything. In fact, he lost the chance to make a shitload of money. Aldo ripping on McGregor after this fight was just pathetic.

jabuseika

I'm a McGregor fan, and you can't defend this.

He got dominated.

Taking swings at a guy that is taking them in stride is not enough.

McGregor failed to analyze the situation that Diaz could have gone all five rounds on that stand up. He was always on the losing end inside the clinch, Diaz just overpowered him most of the time. As soon as McGregor took it to the ground he got completely outclassed.

Just take it for what it was, McGregor will come back better because of this fight.

Banglish

This thread is amazing. Anyone with a different opinion is a casual. GAF at its finest.

I mean, calling a fighter a pussy for tapping? Really? At the highest level of the sport, you're calling a professional fighter a pussy.. I dunno man maybe I'm the pussy but that seems uncalled for. Then you have the ones that think Connor could have escaped that deep rnc..

Calderc

I mean, calling a fighter a pussy for tapping? Really? At the highest level of the sport, you're calling a professional fighter a pussy.. I dunno man maybe I'm the pussy but that seems uncalled for. Then you have the ones that think Connor could have escaped that deep rnc..

Yeah, those are dumb, but that casual comment has been thrown around to a lot more than them.

ElRenoRaven

Conner posted on his facebook page today.

https://www.facebook.com/thenotoriousmma

I stormed in and put it all on the line. I took a shot and missed.
I will never apologize for taking a shot.
Shit happens.
I'll take this loss like a man. I will not shy away from it. I will not change who I am. If another champion goes up 2 weights let me know.
If your tired of me talking money, take a nap.
I'll still be here when you wake up with the highest PPV and the gate. Still talking multi 7's.
Thank you to the true support and fuck the hate that came out of the woodwork. I love it all. Its still steak for breakfast.
I've been here many times in my life in some form or another. I'll eat it all and come back stronger.
Aldo you are a pussy. Dos anjos you are a pussy.
When the history books are written, I showed up. You showed up on Twitter.
To the fans! Never ever shy away from challenges. Never run from adversity. Face yourself head on.
Nate I will see you again.

Reg

Banned
Looking back at last night, all those shots Conor threw didn't hurt Nate at all. I was laughing my ass off when Conor shot in for the take down. He was out of the fight mentally at that point and all it took was 1 and half rounds.

jugo

Neo Member

Seems fair considering who we're talking about a fighter who goes around calling most fighters pussies for whatever reason he deems weak.

This burned at the time. Shogun's UFC era was snuffed out before it began

and Bones rose from the ashes

the LHW division pre-Bones and post-Bones was crazy. All the talk was about how deep and loaded it was (and it was) and how these guys would be going back and forth for years and then Bones came ran through everyone.

Look out we got some MMA experts in here

You're playing yourself by trying to be earnest with people who are simply clowning around - as Conor would be had he won the fight. Ironic, since you're usually the king of shit posting, and a Conor fanboy on top of that. You know you'd be singing a different tune had your boy won, but he got smashed so you're desperately trying to come off as the voice of reason.

ironcreed

Banned
Seems fair considering who we're talking about a fighter who goes around calling most fighters pussies for whatever reason he deems weak.

Nah, despite his arrogance, it is what it is. People tap so that they don't break a limb or get brain damage. That is why it exists.

He was done after getting rocked, panicked and did all he knew to do by trying to shoot on Nate in that situation before getting knocked out. But that does not make him a 'pussy.' He just got beat by a better fighter and it happens to them all.

You're playing yourself by trying to be earnest with people who are simply clowning around - as Conor would be had he won the fight. Ironic, since you're usually the king of shit posting, and a Conor fanboy on top of that. You know you'd be singing a different tune had your boy won, but he got smashed so you're desperately trying to come off as the voice of reason.

When did Conor become my boy? Like, this is literally the first time i've rooted for him, and that's mostly because I hate the Diaz bros.

I'm not trying to be a voice of reason or make excuses for Conor. He lost. He got waxed. He fought stupidly in the 2nd round and it cost him. The comments you are quoting are not in reference to Conor or even the fight specifically, but to people who say stupid shit about questioning guys "heart" because they tap. That's the shit I find stupid.

Ryck

Nah, despite his arrogance, it is what it is. People tap so that they don't break a limb or get brain damage. That is why it exists.

He was done after getting rocked, panicked and did all he knew to do by trying to shoot on Nate in that situation before getting knocked out. But that does not make him a 'pussy.' He just got beat by a better fighter and it happens to them all.
Well said...
Also forgot I had posted this after the match up was announced.

I hate the Diaz brothers but this seems really risky for Connor. Looks like he's heavily favored by fans and bookies alike. Am I the only one who feels like Nate could/should win this.
Ughhh why didn't I bet?!?

jugo

Neo Member

And people pull out of fights with broken bones because fighting with such an injury would be stupid as fuck. Nevertheless, Conor calls them pussies, when he's not reminding us of their broken vaginas.

So if he can dish it out, he should be able to take it without people defending him.

ironcreed

Banned
And people pull out of fights with broken bones because fighting with such an injury would be stupid as fuck. Nevertheless, Conor calls them pussies, when he's not reminding us of their broken vaginas.

So if he can dish it out, he should be able to take it without people defending him.

I am not defending him, as he can defend himself. I had Nate all the way and wanted to see Conor get humbled. Just calling it like it is. Nothing more.

When did Conor become my boy? Like, this is literally the first time i've rooted for him, and that's mostly because I hate the Diaz bros.

I'm not trying to be a voice of reason or make excuses for Conor. He lost. He got waxed. He fought stupidly in the 2nd round and it cost him. The comments you are quoting are not in reference to Conor or even the fight specifically, but to people who say stupid shit about questioning guys "heart" because they tap. That's the shit I find stupid.

Reading through this thread would fool anyone into thinking that you were the biggest Conor nutrider on earth, so my bad for thinking so.

I'm genuinely curious though, how you could hate the Diaz brothers yet root for a shitheel, possibly diet racist like McGregor??

Reading through this thread would fool anyone into thinking that you were the biggest Conor nutrider on earth, so my bad for thinking so.

I'm genuinely curious though, how you could hate the Diaz brothers yet root for a shitheel, possibly diet racist like McGregor??

I've long hated the Diaz brothers coming up small in big fights and then crying about it and making excuses (mostly Nate). I don't really root for Conor but I do think he's got an entertaining style of fighting.

jugo

Neo Member
I am not defending him, as he can defend himself. I had Nate all the way and wanted to see Conor get humbled. Just calling it like it is. Nothing more.

And some people are calling it like Conor would. Difference being that it's not his fans this time.

I like this Mcgregor so much better. I hope he tones down the Lucky Charms, arrogance and circus nonsense and comes back more focused on improving his game and does less dancing around in tight plaid suits and talking about money all the time.

Connor is always humble against his opponent after the fight is over. The pre fight stuff all you guys buy into it and get butt hurt when he talks trash. He does for it simple reason to draw money. Ali and all the greats were big trash talkers. It's what makes people want to see their fights.

ironcreed

Banned
And some people are calling it like Conor would. Difference being that it's not his fans this time.

LOL, I don't have a problem with people calling him anything. I am just saying that he clearly is not a 'pussy' for tapping. He just bit off more than he could chew this time and hopefully it will do him some good. Hell, I had my share of ragging on the guy last night and this morning myself.

ironcreed

Banned
Did you not see Conor's interview after Aldo? I was wondering where the hell all the arrogance went.

Yes, but he was just plain humbled last night in a sense of being defeated. He needed it as well, as his celebrity and antics were overshadowing his actual skill. He is great, but not a god and this should be good for him. As well as for people's expectations next time.

Yes, but he was just plain humbled last night in a sense of being defeated. He needed it as well, as his celebrity and antics were overshadowing his actual skill. He is great, but not a god and this should be good for him. As well as for people's expectations next time.

Thats the most idiotic way of thinking. His antics are what drew people to watching him and will continue to do so. If he stops then he is just another jabroni. A fighter should act like as if he is the best if he wants his fights to sell.

The Beard

If I were on my stomach and someone put me in a RNC, I would push myself into all fours, stand up, flip him over my head and then go full mount. Why didn't he just do that?

Seriously.

I would've reached back and tickled Nate like a motherfucker until his grip loosened up, then Whammy, I'd hit him with an elbow to his chin and knock his ass out.

ironcreed

Banned
Thats the most idiotic way of thinking. His antics are what drew people to watching him and will continue to do so. If he stops then he is just another jabroni. A fighter should act like as if he is the best if he wants his fights to sell.

I enjoy watching the guy, but it became more about his showboating and talking about money and he got his ass checked by a seasoned hard ass who has not been blinded by all of that shit yet. Now, some of the stuff he does is funny, but his arrogance also turns me off to no end.

I just prefer a more focused, yet confident approach with less bravado. But if you love all of that clown shit over something more real, than more power to ya, bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom