• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 117 - Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen - LIVE on PPV 8/7 - 7pm PT/10pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
pel1300 said:
His rib was not broken or cracked before the fight, just bruised.

But after the fight, he got an x ray and it showed a cracked rib.

so something happened during the fight that caused the crack.
He broke it himself to lull Sonnen into a further sense of security for 4 and a half rounds, so he could place the submission on Sonnen.

It was all part of the plan.

Also, to everyone that's saying "Oh Silva didn't look worried," Well no shit he didn't. He's the champion for a reason. Nobody gets to that level and gets scared during their ass-kicking. shit, even griffin doesn't and all that guy does is get his ass beat and lose belts. I can't believe people are using the whole "Silva didn't look scared" argument to defend him getting beat for most of this fight.

I mean, look. I'm not a huge Silva fan. I don't hate him, don't love him either. But if I was a fan the only thing I'd be saying after the fight is, "The fight got away from him, and once it hit the fifth round he did the only thing left that he could do to win-- submission." Bam. Done. You don't have to shit on Sonnen in order to show that Silva deserved to win. The guy had one card left to play and he played it perfectly. End of story.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I finally got around to watching the Roy Nelson fight. Holy shit he took that beating like a champ.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I was totally thinking Cro Cop should fight Nelson too. That's a good match right now.

Belfort vs Silva doesn't seem very compelling to me, but it will give Silva another nice KO. I can't think of any good reason Belfort should be in that fight except to supply him with a striker who he can look good against.

I read a good article (can't find link right now) about Sonnen consciously employing a half-tap technique meant to fool a ref and get your opponent to relax. Supposedly it was a specialty of Lindland who he trained it with. If that's true, it's pretty damn dirty but I don't think there was any doubt after they showed the replay and he seemed to know he tapped despite going with the act for the moment.

I still think he kicked Silva's ass for 4.5 rounds which frankly I'm amazed by, I didn't think he could accomplish that. Silva was off his game dealing with a good wrestler, but BJJ won in the end!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I read a good article (can't find link right now) about Sonnen consciously employing a half-tap technique meant to fool a ref and get your opponent to relax. Supposedly it was a specialty of Lindland who he trained it with. If that's true, it's pretty damn dirty but I don't think there was any doubt after they showed the replay and he seemed to know he tapped despite going with the act for the moment.
there we go -- there really is no need to train bjj when you have that tool in your arsenal!

DominoKid

Musashi Wins! said:

wow thats some bitch shit

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Musashi Wins! said:
I was totally thinking Cro Cop should fight Nelson too. That's a good match right now.

Belfort vs Silva doesn't seem very compelling to me, but it will give Silva another nice KO. I can't think of any good reason Belfort should be in that fight except to supply him with a striker who he can look good against.

I still think he kicked Silva's ass for 4.5 rounds which frankly I'm amazed by, I didn't think he could accomplish that. Silva was off his game dealing with a good wrestler, but BJJ won in the end!
Its called a 'brazillian tap' according to the Gracies.

magnificent83 said:
Check out the Gracie video posted earlier, its called the Brazillian Tap
Pwnd by magnificent83.

y2dvd

24cvejp.jpg

This is like Tekken's chicken escape!

Yep. Shogun also did the exact counter punch Bruce does in tekken (ff+2 while opponent is punching). I had no idea that counter was based on an actual move until he did it. I wanted to make a comparison gif, but didn't have the means to...

Edit: Here is the one I'm speaking of (along with the rest of the onslaught).
vfldvp.jpg

Here is the tekken version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7bdnnmswAY

Jake.

lttp as always as i live in australia and have to...obtain the events by other means.

man, i wanted sonnen to win from the very first second of round 1 and i thought at the end of round 3 he would have it for sure...it just wasn't meant to be. sucks.

amazing card, even though pre-fight i didn't think it would be that special.

pel1300

Afrikan said:
funny gif I came across on Sherdog...:lol

200cye8.gif

but like I said over there.....not laughing at Sonnen, more so the gif.

I don't feel bad for the guy, and I don't think he would want me to...he made a mistake, but at the same time proved himself for 4+ rounds.....can't wait to see him fight again.

:lol :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom