• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 175 |OT| WSOF 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowof

Neo Member
Not a machida fan at all but man I just don't like the wildman. Sucks to hear about Rhonda getting stitches in her hand from breaking Davis face all day though.

I get the feeling a lot of people are prone to automatic hate for him on account of him knocking out Silva.

Absolutely.

I have to admit, despite his polarizing style, Lyoto is a pretty good fighter, super tough to deal with, but he's certainly not a great one either. Failed to get the job done against Rua, Jones and Weidman.

charsace

Pretty much, Machida was more successful when Weidman was tired in the last 2 rounds. Weidman was too fast and strong for him in the first 3.

That's not it. Lyoto landed some counters and Weidman even purposely baited some counters out of Machida so that he could trade on them. Weidman stayed close to him and stepped into every counter and killed the power by not letting Lyoto come all the way over the top with it. Weidman knew that Lyoto would land some counters, but Weidman made sure that he hit Machida on any counter he landed. That's why Weidman backed him up on the cage. If you have a guy like Machida cut off and bait him into countering you then you step in to cut the power of the counter and because there is no space to quickly get out Machida has to try and circle away from the power hand and Weidman knows this and landed combination off of this using the low kick.

When a lot of guys fight Machida they let Machida get the middle of the ring because they are scared of the body kick. and when the counter comes they try to step back which is stupid because Machida only throws the counter when you are off balance and can't recover. Or they low up instead of preparing for it and stepping in to kill the power of it. Or if they do kill the power on it they let Machida have the middle of the ring and he can easily escape and spin away like he always does to guys who don't understand how to strike beyond winging hooks.

Machida 1, 4, 5. #Robbery

iCTLaFr39RF3U.gif

Bloodrage

Banned
Fraudman: "(long hard pause) Uh, I don't remember what happened."

Machida fucked him up so bad he lost his memory. We're one step closer to Fraudman's demise.

zychi

Banned
It's his fulltime gimmick.
Because he wore a flag 4th of July weekend and the last time he was in Brazil?

I guess every Brazilian fighter's "gimmick" is that he's born in Brazil because they come out with flags.

Be sure to call out the gimmicks in Dublin for all the Irish boys too!

:eyeroll

Formless

Weidman knew that Machida wasn't gonna do much more than feint the first round. Machida needs to make some actual threats if he wants to draw any counters.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Because he wore a flag 4th of July weekend and the last time he was in Brazil?

I guess every Brazilian fighter's "gimmick" is that he's born in Brazil because they come out with flags.

Be sure to call out the gimmicks in Dublin for all the Irish boys too!

Look up his official nickname

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Weidman's dad comes off as a redneck type of guy, so I'm sure the All American thing comes from that culture or whatever.

But Weidman is definitely boring as shit.

After tonight's judges decisions, why the hell not Machida 1,4,5 dawg

Fraudman: "(long hard pause) Uh, I don't remember what happened."

Machida fucked him up so bad he lost his memory. We're one step closer to Fraudman's demise.

Are you guys too busy masturbating to your dreams of Ryu's golden showers for breakfast that you didn't actually pay attention to the fight? Lyoto lost 4-1.

dreamfall

Good fight- nice to see Weidman tough it out through real adversity! Machida was a warrior in those last two rounds!

And Ronda- my goodness. We need Zingano stat. I hope Corrie becomes wonderful too, as this division is getting lit up!

Shout out to Hall fighting through that nasty toe, and to Faber just really dominating. That Font KO was pretty too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom