• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 175 |OT| WSOF 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

iddqd

screenshot2014-07-06ajoj5z.png

Belford talking about them titties

Wiedman couldn't finish a 36 year old Machida, and had to resort to lay and pray to get the victory. Leave your gimmick at home, Lamb Pie.

hahahaha I love you Machida marks. You guys live in your own world. I wouldn't want to live in your fantasy land though. Probably smells like piss stained Karate gi's.

zychi

Banned
Look up his official nickname

:eyeroll

A standout in college, he earned All-American wrestling honors twice at Nassau Community College before transferring to Hofstra. He became the first junior college wrestler in history to be a NYS Collegiate Champion. At Hofstra, he became a two-time Division I All-American, placing 3rd at the NCAA tournament his senior year.

Gee. I wonder why they call him that?

hahahaha I love you Machida marks. You guys live in your own world. I wouldn't want to live in your fantasy land though. Probably smells like piss stained Karate gi's.

Psst. I couldn't possibly care less about MMA. I'm just trolling good ol' super mark, Lambda Pies.

Kapsama

Damn Joe Rogan would have a field day psycho analyzing these hating ass comments in this thread. Going by Rogan's analysis, ninja scooter, lambda pie and the dude with the Rogan avatar must have absolutely horrible lives with nothing good going for them, for being such hateful gits.

Anyway I don't at all dislike Weidman but I would have preferred Machida winning. I wish he had been more aggressive in round 4 when Weidman appeared to be dazed a bit. Great fight though, Weidman is LEGIT.

Razdek

Banned
Damn Joe Rogan would have a field day psycho analyzing these hating ass comments in this thread. Going by Rogan's analysis, ninja scooter, lambda pie and the dude with the Rogan avatar must have absolutely horrible lives with nothing good going for them, for being such hateful gits.

Anyway I don't at all dislike Weidman but I would have preferred Machida winning. I wish he had been more aggressive in round 4 when Weidman appeared to be dazed a bit. Great fight though, Weidman is LEGIT.

We already had the Machida era and it was pretty shitty.

charsace

Rockhold AND Jacare can beat Weidman. BANK IT

Nope. Weidman will crush Rockhold and Jacare. Just because Machida gave him a good fight doesn't mean these other guys have a chance. Weidman is fast and hits too hard for either guy.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Again, I thought Vitor backed down because he couldn't fight Weidman somewhere where his use of PEDs would fly?

I want to see the walking chem lab fight at his full potential.

i would venture a guess and say that 80% of the fighters on the card are using PEDs.

i would venture a guess and say that 80% of the fighters on the card are using PEDs.

fight should be in Macau where Belfort can ascend into god mode. let the man do his drugs, for fucks sake.

ScribbleD

I thought they all got tested? Is drug testing uncommon in UFC? I remember Belfort pulling out of his main event fight vs Weidman at 173 the day after Nevada banned TRT.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Something to keep in mind... Weidman has had 5 knee surgeries already at the age of 30.

Only a matter of time until his knees reach Shogun level.

charsace

Something to keep in mind... Weidman has had 5 knee surgeries already at the age of 30.

Only a matter of time until his knees reach Shogun level.

Shogun's problem is that he isn't juicing like he was in Pride and doesn't work hard. Gassing and looking slow in general can't be all blamed on the knee.

I thought they all got tested? Is drug testing uncommon in UFC? I remember Belfort pulling out of his main event fight vs Weidman at 173 the day after Nevada banned TRT.

People want to see Vitor fight with his blood full of PEDs, because he's a really entertaining fighter to watch that way. In order to justify this, they argue that everyone else cheats, so Vitor should be allowed to.

Which, no of course he shouldn't be.

I think PEDs and 12 - 6 elbows and strikes to the head of a 'grounded' opponent should be legal too, but until they are people who get caught doing all of those things should be punished. You shouldn't have to train to fight against shit that's against the rules.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

joker_nurse_3545t34t6.gif

Agnt

People want to see Vitor fight with his blood full of PEDs, because he's a really entertaining fighter to watch that way. In order to justify this, they argue that everyone else cheats, so Vitor should be allowed to.

Which, no of course he shouldn't be.

I think PEDs and 12 - 6 elbows and strikes to the head of a 'grounded' opponent should be legal too, but until they are people who get caught doing all of those things should be punished. You shouldn't have to train to fight against shit that's against the rules.

tumblr_mvnr9hYQIn1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Presser here, I'll repost when it starts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhJ19IF2B5c

As far as PEDs and drug testing, Nevada has fairly relaxed drug testing: http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/mma-ufc/nevada-athletic-commissions-drug-tests-remain-punchless

Overeem is expected to address the commission this month to explain why he had, oh, 13 times the amount of testosterone in his system than the average person. More on his chances later. You can guess which way I'm leaning.

The commission allows for boxers and mixed martial arts fighters to have a 6:1 ratio, which has for some time had people such as former BALCO guru Victor Conte ripping Kizer on Twitter for what Conte believes is a joke of a permitted level, given how cheating athletes have become experts in micro-dosing.

I don't know enough about Vitor but I suspect he's beyond that ratio.

Agnt

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now

Ahh, that explains what another poster said about him not being able to fight. You really don't want a dosed fight in the US, Nevada may be more relaxed than any other state, for that matter.

I prefer it that way, to be honest. If you're going to dose let's get rid of cage rules and let people push off of it and grapple it. Hell, better yet, electrify it. :D

We got sound on the stream, but it's just music right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom