• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 175 |OT| WSOF 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Pics of machida pls

Hackfleisch-1.jpg

Heh

SRTtoZ

Watched it at Buffalo Wild wings with a friend and enjoyed very much as Weidman out matched him in virtually every round while half the place was rooting for Machida. I arrogantly rooted for Weidman just because....

Edit: lol @ the free PPV on youtube, watching now to listen to commentary. How did this happen?

Dipz

Banned
Wait, people in this thread thought Machida deserved the decision?

And someone thinks Weidman sucks after KOing Anderson and dominating the hell out of Machida?

Wow.

Omega

Banned
Watched it at Buffalo Wild wings with a friend and enjoyed very much as Weidman out matched him in virtually every round while half the place was rooting for Machida. I arrogantly rooted for Weidman just because....

Edit: lol @ the free PPV on youtube, watching now to listen to commentary. How did this happen?
they know no one gonna buy their shit PPVs headlined by Weidman so instead of watching it illegally, they can put it on youtube and make some money.

SRTtoZ

they know no one gonna buy their shit PPVs headlined by Weidman so instead of watching it illegally, they can put it on youtube and make some money.

Good point. Rewatching it, I see Dana going nuts on Rogan after the Rousey fight. Damn, he was mad.

Pretty sure Davis fought Yves Lavinge longer than her face fought Rousey's fist.

Struve's should probably be done.

Oh and LOL Cyborg.

Razdek

Banned

And someone thinks Weidman sucks after KOing Anderson and dominating the hell out of Machida?

Wow.

They like how Machida looks like Ryu from Street Fighter is all but don't really understand how MMA works.

Dipz

Banned
No one else in the UFC could beat Anderson Silva and Weidman did it twice. He went into deep waters with Machida and managed to completely dominate him for 4 put of 5 rounds. He KO'd Munoz with a fucking elbow.

How can Bam Bam Baklava possibly say that he sucks? Who's better?

zychi

Banned
No one else in the UFC could beat Anderson Silva and Weidman did it twice. He went into deep waters with Machida and managed to completely dominate him for 4 put of 5 rounds. He KO'd Munoz with a fucking elbow.

How can Bam Bam Baklava possibly say that he sucks? Who's better?

Ronda.
16 seconds. Fuck going 5 rounds. Get that shit done, get paid, go home.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Good main event. I don't think anyone is seriously disputing the decision, or at least I hope no-one isn't. I'm an unabashed Machida fanboy and can see it was Weidman's win as clear as day. Rousey's fight was over so quickly that at first I thought was stopped a little early like her last one and started to get conspiracy thoughts but the replays dispelled that notion. UFC needs to contract Sonnen to help Cyborg "make weight".

Presser here, I'll repost when it starts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhJ19IF2B5c

As far as PEDs and drug testing, Nevada has fairly relaxed drug testing: http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/...main-punchless

I don't know enough about Vitor but I suspect he's beyond that ratio.

That article in't great, a T:E ratio isn't a flat out indicator of how much testosterone you have but more an indicator of how likely it is that your testosterone came from an outside source. Vitor's test came back at around 1400ng/dl, which is a total amount of testosterone; a ratio test isn't useful for someone on TRT because you already know that their testosterone isn't naturally occurring.

It begins.

Vio-Lence, blood doping is for cardio, not strength.
He means using steroids on and off on a cycle, not the steroids they use in the sport of cycling.

Wasn't in this thread during the main event but reading all the hate first towards Machida in the beginning and then towards Chris makes me wonder why you trolls don't fuck off and go do something else with your lives.

Amazing main event.

Wow.

Coming from a neutral standpoint, Weidman clearly did enough to win the fight, but was not impressive in the least bit. He was hurt a number of times, and the fight ended with him backed against the cage while eating strikes from all angles. He couldn't finish Machida, who is look at as a joke, is 36, and has been beaten in embarrassing fashion more than once in recent years.

As for beating Silva twice: One was a complete freak accident, and the first was a gift of a KO thanks to Silva clowning around. Casual fans probably don't buy into his hype because of that.

As far as impact, I think Weidman is off to a great start. Undefeated, beat the GOAT twice then the elusive Machida. I think people aren't giving him credit. I don't see anyone I'm the MW division that can pose a real challenge except for Maybe Jacare.

They might as well start talking Weidman/Jones...Weidman/Cormier..

I just don't see how Vitor is going to fare if he can't do PEDs, etc. Bisping? Rockhold (maybe)? Chael retired.

And Rousey is ridiculous. Can't believe she only has 10 pro fights. The disparity between her and the other women is crazy. She is skill full. Her stand up is getting better. Her Judo is world class. And the fact she was willing to consider coming back after a month is insane.

I lost my shit when Hall started Terminator fighting at the end of the first round. That man was in his groove despite his situation. Really like that guy a ton.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
As far as impact, I think Weidman is off to a great start. Undefeated, beat the GOAT twice then the elusive Machida. I think people aren't giving him credit. I don't see anyone I'm the MW division that can pose a real challenge except for Maybe Jacare.

They might as well start talking Weidman/Jones...Weidman/Cormier..

I just don't see how Vitor is going to fare if he can't do PEDs, etc. Bisping? Rockhold (maybe)? Chael retired.

And Rousey is ridiculous. Can't believe she only has 10 pro fights. The disparity between her and the other women is crazy. She is skill full. Her stand up is getting better. Her Judo is world class. And the fact she was willing to consider coming back after a month is insane.
Weidman rightfully caught shit. He should've finished Machida.

No one wants a champ that decides in the 2nd round he's comfortable winning on points. He can get all of the fuck out with that shit.

charsace

Weidman rightfully caught shit. He should've finished Machida.

No one wants a champ that decides in the 2nd round he's comfortable winning on points. He can get all of the fuck out with that shit.

Comfortable winning on points? Weidman was being smart. You aren't going to wing 10 wild punches that put you off balance, land 2, and win by ko against any good fighter in the UFC. Not anymore. Most of the better fighters are understanding that learning how to strike is mainly about not getting hit.

Beardz

Wasn't in this thread during the main event but reading all the hate first towards Machida in the beginning and then towards Chris makes me wonder why you trolls don't fuck off and go do something else with your lives.

You need Jesus in your life.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Comfortable winning on points? Weidman was being smart. You aren't going to wing 10 wild punches that put you off balance, land 2, and win by ko against any good fighter in the UFC. Not anymore. Most of the better fighters are understanding that learning how to strike is mainly about not getting hit.

And he sucks at not getting hit. Absolutely zero head movement and he was letting Machida of all people walk right in between his hands and piece him up. When Machida feels like he can be the aggressor you fucked up.

He never went 5 rounds with anyone. He thought he was being smart. Not everyone is going to run in circles for 3 rounds like Machida.

IMACOMPUTA

Alexis Davis lost before the fight started. Did you see her face? She looked scared as hell.

I missed the post fight interview with Rousey. Did Joe ask her about Cyborg?

Alexis Davis lost before the fight started. Did you see her face? She looked scared as hell.

she knew her role, she knew it'd be over soon and that she would get greatly compensated for it. she was probably just thinking "damn, i hope Rousey doesn't shoot on me".

Coming from a neutral standpoint, Weidman clearly did enough to win the fight, but was not impressive in the least bit. He was hurt a number of times, and the fight ended with him backed against the cage while eating strikes from all angles. He couldn't finish Machida, who is look at as a joke, is 36, and has been beaten in embarrassing fashion more than once in recent years.

As for beating Silva twice: One was a complete freak accident, and the first was a gift of a KO thanks to Silva clowning around. Casual fans probably don't buy into his hype because of that.

Only by the clown MMA fans on this site who try way too hard to be edgy and snarky. The MMA community here is even worse than Sherdog somehow. Zero respect for fighters.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

I missed the post fight interview with Rousey. Did Joe ask her about Cyborg?

"Somebody in the truck" told Joe to ask Ronda if she could replace Jose Aldo's fight next month. Dana proceeded to try and murder Joe Rogan and somebody in the truck with mind powers.

Meltzer called Machida/Weidman one of the best matches of the year over Brown/Lopez and Hendricks/Lawler and whatever else. It was like one good round and a half in which Weidman gassed a bit and Machida was losing on points and had to Hail Mary.

And if you think Weidman was a point fighter. Okay. At least he has the historic achievement of knocking out Silva and having his number in the second fight prior to the freak accident. MW has some good fighters but c'mon beating two former champions in his last three matches. If he added Chael, Evans, Belfort and Jones last opponent, people would be saying he's pound for pound the best (course it doesn't matter for anything considering Barou).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom