• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 175 |OT| WSOF 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

charsace

Good fight. This wasn't embarrassment or domination. What TJ did to Barao was domination and embarrassment. This was not like that fight.

lMdjG9g.pngg

Instro

Pretty good fight. Fairly comfortable defense for Weidman outside of 4 and a few moments in 5. Maybe if Machida had some good offense in the 2nd or 3rd it might have went better for him, but the 3rd clearly took a toll on him.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Wish Weidman could've got a KO I hate decisions, but at least the last two rounds were worth watching.

dream

Like I told Heel a year ago, the Wildman is just a bigger version of Frank Trigg. And this fight showed it.

good solid fight, Weidman needs a bit more gas in his tank but he mixed it up really well - lyoto should of grinded it out hand to hand like that from the beginning

Zeliard

Machida at least tried to bring it when he was down 3-0. Typically we see fighters doing the same sort of thing in the final round(s), but Machida got notably more aggressive.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I've seen enough to decide The Chris Weidman is the greatest UFC Middleweight Champion of all time.

charsace

3-2 Weidman.

All these years and people don't know what Lyoto's style is yet. He is a straight up karate striker. In the early rounds Machida always looks to finish with a one strike counter. That is his plan for the first half of the fight and he sticks to it.

That actually blossomed into a decent fight. Lyoto must have stepped on some of the budo that leaked out of Uriah Hall's toe.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I agree with the 48-47 but can't argue with any of the scores, Lyoto got worked in the middle of the fight and didn't try to do anything in the first. Nice try at the end though, even after he'd gotten his ass kicked harder than any other fight he's had.

Instro

He needed Weidman to tire himself out to have a chance at doing anything.

Weidman needs to finish if he's going to dominate like that for the first few rounds. He's blowing his tank.

Pretty much, Machida was more successful when Weidman was tired in the last 2 rounds. Weidman was too fast and strong for him in the first 3.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
"you suck machida!" which one of you tools was that!? lol

Measley

Think I'm done buying PPV for UFC fights. This was the best card in months and it sucked. Best fight was Rousey, and that fight was so short it could have been a gif.

Machida never won the 5th. a flurry in the last 10 seconds doesn't win you a 5 minute round. 4-1 to Weidman, as god and jesus intended.

3-2 Weidman.

All these years and people don't know what Lyoto's style is yet. He is a straight up karate striker. In the early rounds Machida always looks to finish with a one strike counter. That is his plan for the first half of the fight and he sticks to it.

We know Lyoto's style and it doesn't matter if it's by choice or not, when you do nothing for three rounds, and come out of those rounds busted and bloodied, you are getting dominated. Props to him for taking the fight to Weidman when he gassed though

Kbara

Neo Member
Impressed by Weidman. Hated seeing Silva go down those last two times, but Weidman's a good fighter, so I guess I'm over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom