• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 183 |OT| Silva x Diaz - Road to Future Endeavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfedai0

Banned
Judging by how many times both guys mentioned "putting on a a good show", Im gonna assume this whole thing was per-meditated by both parties and Dana, to allow a graceful sendoff for Silva. And Diaz? He's just there to collect a paycheck.

WWE indeed.

coleco

It's sad you could tune in the ufc ten years ago and you would find the same fighters, same production, same commentators and most probably same ring girls.

yoplay

Love Diaz. Stood toe-to-toe with "the greatest striker in mama history." And what does Diaz get...boos after the fight. Smh. Guys like Diaz would have been loved in Japan like Sakuraba, Minowa, Penn, guys who are true warriors. I had Nick winning 2 rounds. Much respect to Diaz.

Panzon

Love Diaz. Stood toe-to-toe with "the greatest striker in mama history." And what does Diaz get...boos after the fight. Smh. Guys like Diaz would have been loved in Japan like Sakuraba, Minowa, Penn, guys who are true warriors. I had Nick winning 2 rounds. Much respect to Diaz.
Lol wtf wut...?

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Diaz didn't get Forrest Griffin'd so that's an automatic win. Honestly, if it wasn't for Nick this fight would've been boring as hell.

iLLmAtlc

“That was one of the big problems with boxing,” White continued. “You’d get all fired up for the fight that was about to happen, you and your buddies would buy the pay per view, and then the two guys would get in there and chase each other around. They wouldn’t fight. And you’d walk away going, those mother (expletive), they did it to me again."

VoxPop

Glad Silva got past the mental road block. I'm sure he didn't want to fall into one of Diaz's traps. Diaz was absolutely disappointing. The volume striker of yesteryear was nowhere to be seen. Huge balls on him though. Had Silva winning that fight 49-46 losing round 2. I don't think Silva should jump into the title picture right away though. Maybe one more tune up right against someone like Yoel Romero or Rockhold if he gets past Machida.

As someone without acess to PPV or anything else, I have to say that I am disapointed with the lack of gifs, GAF

scR3WB5.gif

yoplay

I'm not saying it was a great fight, but like, da fuck you talking bout?

I bolded it for u. It wasn't domination. U need ur eyes checked. It was a complete moral victory for Diaz, who was thrown in there after a 2 year lay-off as a sacrificial lamb for Silva.

And get rid of those knee kicks. Such a dirty strike.

Panzon

I hate the Diaz brothers with a passion but he's not wrong.
Nick did not win any rds. I hated this fight as much as the next guy but Nick was a huge disappointment tonight. This kinda shit is what he criticised Carlos Condit and the UFC for doing, which is running away.

He goes blah blah blah about how he stood there waiting for Anderson to do something but at the end of the day he's the one who stalled the fight and looked like he didn't wanna be in that octagon

~Kinggi~

Banned
Went out to a bar to watch this. I dont watch UFC at all, but Silva seemed like a real class act, and Diaz a total asshat. Everyone was rooting for Silva as well.

iddqd

Listening to the Sherdog radio channel,
I like their idea of
RAMPAGE vs. Anderson.

Keep him out of 185 and give him a plodding guy that he can dance around.

Diaz the same, keep him at 185 and give him Leites.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Went out to a bar to watch this. I dont watch UFC at all, but Silva seemed like a real class act, and Diaz a total asshat. Everyone was rooting for Silva as well.

nick.was.doing.his.silva.impression

VoxPop

Silva is anything but a class act. His fight with Maya is all you need to see.

What did he do against Maia? He thoroughly dominated him and Maia laid on his back the entire fight, and only started engaging out of desperation at the end of the fight. Silva went for the finish plenty of times in that fight. It's Silva's problem that Maia can't fight standing worth a shit and can't even take a fighter down to where he can actually do something? He should just grapple for a living.

HabeeNo

Only GIF moment of the fight was Diaz falling on the 1st round.

Also, dope picture here

B8vDFZpCcAAVD5B.jpg

Silva is the GOAT, haters can hate as much as they want. This man is the most dangerous and most entertaining fighter in the business, 39 years of age or not.

Only GIF moment of the fight was Diaz falling on the 1st round.

Also, dope picture here

Silva is the GOAT, haters can hate as much as they want. This man is the most dangerous and most entertaining fighter in the business, 39 years of age or not.

Not tonight he wasn't.

Hex

Banned
I bolded it for u. It wasn't domination. U need ur eyes checked. It was a complete moral victory for Diaz, who was thrown in there after a 2 year lay-off as a sacrificial lamb for Silva.

And get rid of those knee kicks. Such a dirty strike.

Sacrificial lamb?
Silva was out because of a serious injury for well over a year.
Diaz was out because he is a loser assed head case who quit and walked away because he could not get his meds one day or something.
Diaz wanted this fight just as much, a win for him would have been huge even though Silva was a zombie in his last two fights.

I could only imagine how great it felt for Silva to recover, return, and win after such a bad injury. Mentally and physically, I commend the man. Most would not be able to do what he did. Those tears had to have felt nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom