• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 244: Masvidal vs Diaz

East Coast Gangstar or West Coast Gangstar for the gatekeeper belt

• Masvidal

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Diaz

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tesseract

Banned
my girl's reaction was legit

source.gif

new york sucks, i hope the diaz clan fucks that doctor up

lols

MastAndo

This doesn't need a rematch. Move on, Jorge. The stoppage didn't call in to question the validity of a close fight - it was a mauling that just so happened to get stopped early. You're 34, now's not the time to be making lateral moves....unless it's a huge pay day, then you do you, but I think there are potentionally bigger fish to fry.

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Anyone who agrees with the stoppage illegaly nut shot yourself. The only way that stoppage could have brought me any joy is if the Rock smashed the BMF belt across that doctor's face WWE style!

Cut actually looks pretty bad...ehh maybe the doctor didn't make a bad decision...I just was expecting Masvidal to get tired in the 4th and 5th and Nate to turn it up like he usually does. Thats why I was annoyed cuz everyone knows thats when Nate turns it up.

Tesseract

Banned
ja that's a nasty orbital, prolly not worth it to risk an eye over a fight

hoping we'll get a rematch and goddamn what's with those cuts tho, are the seams on the gloves that bad

Last edited:

mekes

Oh well... I can’t hate, it’s upsetting, but a lot of other fighters would have been put away by Masvidal during those 3 rounds. Nate is just SO tough to keep going and also get a growing stake in the fight the further it went. Very nice event, main was great while it lasted. Congrats to Masvidal, a fitting BMF, he shocked me in those 3 rounds.

Last edited:
After watching the presser I agree with MastAndo MastAndo that there’s no need for a rematch and I agree with Unknown Quantity Unknown Quantity that it wasn’t a bad stoppage

I don’t fully agree with Dana that Jorge is clear cut fighter of the year, I think Izzy deserves consideration, but he’s definitely top 2-3

GymWolf

first the semi-early stoppage of walker fight and then the cut stoppage.

also that judge that scored 30-27 for gastelum...

what a shitty night...

at least lewis, burgos and wonderboy's matches (and the murder of gillespie and tavarez) were fun.

highrider

Banned
I completely agree with the stopping, Nate was getting pieced up and it was above and below the eye. Sucks but I don’t think Nate would have won this fight. Nate has taken so much damage and trauma in his career. We all love the Diaz brothers but I think Nate in particular needs to think about moving on unless he just needs a few more paydays. It’s not cool to be that ride or die gangster when you’re 55 with brain damage.

GymWolf

If Colby beats Usman than I think you have to make Colby/Jorge. Lead up will be dynamite
colby has no chance against usman with his pillow fist imo.

and even if they wrestle, usman looks far stronger than colby.

but yeah, colby vs masvidal is 100x times better than jorge vs snoozeman.

Top Bottom