• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 238: Cejudo vs. Moraes

gSNwCJL.jpg

lP65LOH.jpg

Main card:
GJztqKI.jpg

Prelims:
5R9e2WS.jpg

Early prelims:
NT0FA14.jpg

Source + starting times in your area

For free fights and other UFC and event media if not posted here.

Main card looks great. Looking forward to the four fights & hope the heavyweight match is good.

Yan I hope continues to climb the rankings, he seems a cut above his opponents so far. Cowboy v Tony is billed as the people's fight and should be a cracker. I don't see Shevchenko losing, she's solid champ at that weight class. Cejudo fight I think can go either way.

Henry Cejudo vs Marlon Maraes

Valentina Shevchenko
vs Jessica Eye

Tony Ferguson vs Cowboy

Tatiana Suarez
vs Nina Anseroff

Cejudo has been on a roll, but I think Marlon stops Henry in this. Valentina is too skilled for Jessica Eye. I’m taking Cowboy, cause it’s Cowboy. Tatiana Suarez is the best Strawweight in the world. I called her being the future champ after seeing her grappling on the the Ultimate Fighter finale.

Last edited:
I am picking

Cejudo over Marlon. Marlon is very tough and very dangerous, should be a fun fight, I think Cejudo is just a little bit too good to pick against right now.

Valentina over Eye. Eye is a legit 125er and this should be a pretty tough fight but I think Valentina is just too skilled and too tough at 125. It's her division, in my eyes, and I don't see her reign ending for awhile. Eye was an OKAY 135er who has been good at 125, Valentina was an elite 135er who always seemed best suited for 125.

Ferguson over Cerrone, though picking against Cowboy has never gotten me anywhere. This is a tough one for me to pick. Will Cerrone's recent action in the octagon serve as a Pro or a Con with such a quick turnaround against Ferg?

Yan over Rivera. Rivera, at one time, looked like the next champ but I'm not sure anymore. Yan is for real. This will be a tough test but I see him winning and getting positioned for title shot

Suarez over Nina. Nina is really tough but that grappling attack from Suarez looks almost unstoppable. Suarez looks like the biggest threat to Andrade, as well, considering that I don't think Suarez is getting picked up and slammed by anyone at 115. Don't wanna underestimate Nina, she's good, but we'll see if she can fend off the takedowns.

Munhoz over Aljo. This is agood fight, should be a great matchup. Munhoz fresh off that performance against Cody, hard for me to go against him.

If Henry wins will he defend at 125 next or vacate the belt? He always has sounded like he’s adamant about keeping 125 alive

I would think winner of Benavidez/Formiga later this month gets next 125 shot

Last edited:
haven't seen a card this stacked in a while

only way to improve it would be to bump taivusa to the prelims for Stirling/Munhoz and make cowboy/tony 5 rds

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Wow how is cowboy Ferguson not the main event?...

If cowboy can't finish the fight, Tony will break him

Wow how is cowboy Ferguson not the main event?...

If cowboy can't finish the fight, Tony will break him

Title fights take precendence, deserving or
not

Big reason why Cowboy - McGregor fell through. Conor doesn’t want co-main bulking but title shots typically always headline PPVs

My Big D

Banned
i feel cowboys last performances are suspect as fuck, am i the only one?
it doesnt even matter since i know all of them are on the gear some more some less but in the end nobody fights clean.

SpiceRacz

i feel cowboys last performances are suspect as fuck, am i the only one?
it doesnt even matter since i know all of them are on the gear some more some less but in the end nobody fights clean.

Definitely. I don't buy the "I had a kid and I'm taking fighting seriously now" bullshit. He's so up and down in his career and has had some really bad losses. My expectation is that Tony will run over him.

Full cards, so all good. I think they should adopt a similar method to ONE in this regard & we won't have to worry as much.

Interesting fights on every card. Angela Hill has a pretty tough match. I don't think she'll win that one unfortunately. Rooting for Jojo in the first fight of the night. Tatiana to win & Sterling in the prelims should be good matches, his match a tougher call.

Main card: Tai will win if it finishes in 1st round, any more & he gasses. Yan I think will win, he's taller but doesn't have reach advantage. He is very disciplined though and is solid all round from what I've seen. Cowboy to win if he stays out of the pocket and muay him away. Its gonna be close & one mistake will be gg. I like Eyes confidence & silliness (if you wear a bullet proof vest, we get it). I think she'll get destroyed though. Moraes will win I think if he keeps it standing. We might see a similar finish to Sterling.

Night.Ninja

Banned
Cowboy looks drained :pie_sfrown: i just cant see Tony losing, the pressure is going to be too much for cowboy and we know he hate pressure fighters.

Moraes is going to be too much for Cejudo.

The bullet should destroy Jessica but you never know .

Yan Xiaonan will pick appart angela

this card is stacked, jesus christ :pie_hushed:

I didn't comment on last weeks fights because I was avoiding all media until my buddy got off work and could watch it together unspoiled. Awesome fights last week. This week though.....Holy hell it's a great card.

I really wish Cerrone/Ferguson was a 5 rounder. To me the Cowboy/Ferguson fight is THE main event. Moraes has a good chance of coming out victorious, and Bullet will more than likely pull off the W, but that Cowboy fight.....

I feel the same way about Cerrone/Ferguson as I did with Cerrone/Iaquinta, I don't want either to lose. I love Ferguson, he's so fun to watch and Cerrone is one of the reasons I got into MMA. Awesome card. Tuivasa is another fight on the card I'm looking forward to.

Calderwood is fighting too? Damn.....The minute that girl talks...So sexy.

Moraes is shredded. Cowboy looking more and more like a homeless person

Cowboy looks more like an oil tycoon in the Mad Max universe.

Last edited:
5 Womens matches? is that a record for UFC?

Outside of the season finale for a female TUF cast, it might be, at least for a PPV. I don't know for sure though. I can remember seeing 3-4 on a card here or there, would have to do research to find cards with 5+ (outside of what I mentioned at first).

Top Bottom