• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 238: Cejudo vs. Moraes

Schevchenko standing their like:

tenor.gif

Last edited:
My main question remains: IF Henry wins tonight will he be able to defend both belts without holding up/logjamming either division? 135 is a VERY active division, more so than 125

KOMANI

KOMANI
I kinda feel bad for Eye, in the way I feel bad for any athlete when they lose catastrophically at anything because it gets meme'd so hardcore.

Rousey comes from the rafters with a chair and drops the Stone Cold Stunner on the ref
It makes more sense if it was Gina Carano. Rousey would enter the octagon via Beer truck.

This is a pretty late card. By this time, we’re wrapping up the main event.

Yeah I say this a lot around here, guys are probably sick of hearing me say it, but I can't stand the pacing/timing of PPV cards. I am usually in bed by now. ESPN cards are a breeze and end much earlier, much less filler time. I much prefer the ESPN cards for that reason. PPV events are just so long.

I feel like Henry's head is like comically larger than Marlons. Like either one guy has a small head or one guy has a huge noggin

edit

maybe it was just the angle, or the hair, now it looks normal

Last edited:
10-9 Marlon

Felt like Henry tasted a little bit of Marlon's power early and really didn't like it, and hasn't been sure how to engage since. He tried going to wrestling a little but was stuffed. Wonder if he looks to make it a grappling match if he can't engage toe to toe.

Man this leg kicks are eating Henry's ass up

oh shit now Henry swinging tho

Henry needs to try catching one of those body kicks and transitioning to a takedown

Wowwwww man. That dude is a beast.

Great performance.

Crazy how quickly Henry has skyrocketed. He went from good 125er who lose his title shot to guy who beat the GOAT at 125, smoked the 135 champ (at 125) and just won the 135 belt, in what, 11 months?

Now I we gotta see what the title defense schedule looks like for each division

Last edited:
145 ain't happening. Ortega and/or Max are too much for him.

Some great fights at 135 though. Him vs Dom is something I would pay for, not sure how healthy Dom is right now.

At 125 it is hard for me to see him lose. Wonder how much longer that division goes on.

I thought he was gonna call out Conor for a second.

Last edited:
Really good night of fights.

Still a little stunned by the Cerrone/Fergy conclusion but oh well. Fergy was taking it to him in the second. Who knows what could have happened in the third, though. Oh well. Two rounds we got were great.

145 ain't happening. Ortega and/or Max are too much for him.

Some great fights at 135 though. Him vs Dom is something I would pay for, not sure how healthy Dom is right now.

At 125 it is hard for me to see him lose. Wonder how much longer that division goes on.

I thought he was gonna call out Conor for a second.
Max would tear Cejudo up for sure.

I am picking

Cejudo over Marlon. Marlon is very tough and very dangerous, should be a fun fight, I think Cejudo is just a little bit too good to pick against right now.

Valentina over Eye. Eye is a legit 125er and this should be a pretty tough fight but I think Valentina is just too skilled and too tough at 125. It's her division, in my eyes, and I don't see her reign ending for awhile. Eye was an OKAY 135er who has been good at 125, Valentina was an elite 135er who always seemed best suited for 125.

Ferguson over Cerrone, though picking against Cowboy has never gotten me anywhere. This is a tough one for me to pick. Will Cerrone's recent action in the octagon serve as a Pro or a Con with such a quick turnaround against Ferg?

Yan over Rivera. Rivera, at one time, looked like the next champ but I'm not sure anymore. Yan is for real. This will be a tough test but I see him winning and getting positioned for title shot

Suarez over Nina. Nina is really tough but that grappling attack from Suarez looks almost unstoppable. Suarez looks like the biggest threat to Andrade, as well, considering that I don't think Suarez is getting picked up and slammed by anyone at 115. Don't wanna underestimate Nina, she's good, but we'll see if she can fend off the takedowns.

Munhoz over Aljo. This is agood fight, should be a great matchup. Munhoz fresh off that performance against Cody, hard for me to go against him.

I missed on Aljo, really thought Munhoz was gonna keep train rolling after that Cody KO

Winter John

Gold Member
A cynical person might start wondering if maybe ole cowboy there suddenly decided the last place in the world he wanted to be was in a ring with that psychotic energizer bunny.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Cejudo can talk about how great he is and how much of a star he should be, but the honest truth is that regular people don't really care about the fighters in those weight classes so much

So after waking up this morning I watched all the post fight pressers, social media reactions, and analyst breakdown of the fights.

I love Val, and that was awesome, but calling that the most spectacular finish in WMMA history might be a stretch. I think the opponent has to be a factor, and when you look at Holm KO’ing Rousey and Nunes KTFOing Cyborg (full on face down, ass up style) I have to put those ahead based on the legendary status of the person being KO’d, especially at the time.

Hell, you could even make a case for Rose TKOing Joanna. That may have now had the visual impact of Eye laid out cold but Joanna was/maybe still is the 115 GOAT. Seeing her lose like that was shocking.

I dunno. Just some random thoughts

Dana confirmed Cowboy broke his orbital bone. So enough with the cheap shot talk. Yes it was a late punch but clearly Cowboy was done. Even blew his own nose 2-3 times knocking that would swell is already swollen eye even further.

KOMANI

KOMANI
So after waking up this morning I watched all the post fight pressers, social media reactions, and analyst breakdown of the fights.

I love Val, and that was awesome, but calling that the most spectacular finish in WMMA history might be a stretch. I think the opponent has to be a factor, and when you look at Holm KO’ing Rousey and Nunes KTFOing Cyborg (full on face down, ass up style) I have to put those ahead based on the legendary status of the person being KO’d, especially at the time.

Hell, you could even make a case for Rose TKOing Joanna. That may have now had the visual impact of Eye laid out cold but Joanna was/maybe still is the 115 GOAT. Seeing her lose like that was shocking.

I dunno. Just some random thoughts
The only problem i have with the cyborg finish is she went full Wanderlei Silva, completely ignoring defense. What I mean is, it’s not as if Cyborg fought a smart fight.

TrainedRage

Banned
Dana confirmed Cowboy broke his orbital bone. So enough with the cheap shot talk. Yes it was a late punch but clearly Cowboy was done. Even blew his own nose 2-3 times knocking that would swell is already swollen eye even further.
So rules don't matter? As long as the fights "over" subjectively and after the fact?

How does everyone feel about Tony vs Khabib, stylistically?

To me it kind of has a similar vibe to Andrade vs Rose, with Andrade being Khabib and Rose being Tony. It’s not a perfect comparison, but I feel is somewhat accurate as far as Tony being a more dynamic striker and has a wicked submission game, is very dangerous off his back, so getting taken down isn’t the end fof the world for him (can say all these same things for Rose). Khabib having the raw strength and power grappling advantage (can say same thing for Andrade).

I know it’s a fight we’ve waited a long time for.

Guess he has to get past Dustin first, anything can happen

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Really Andrade has no advantage over rose except for her power lifting strength. Tony has a few advantages over khabib, none of which will prevent him from getting pounded for 5 rounds. I think Tony will do well minimizing the damage on the ground, and will expend a lot of Khabibs energy. I believe this was conors strategy, but Conor doesn't have the gas tank or drive you need to turn it around in the later rounds against someone like khabib. I think Khabibs Achilles heel is in his endurance/stamina, which he does a really good job at hiding. Tony has the best shot from all the other fighters to complete conors strategy

Only shot of beating khabib is a clean kick to the head from someone like cerrone. Dustin has zero chance imo. Bad match up for him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom