• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC Fight night 146 - Lewis v Dos Santos

Who do you think will get the KO.

• Dos Santos

• Lewis

Results are only viewable after voting.
t6nlr7zi7ke21.jpg

LEWIS VS. DOS SANTOS MARCH 9, 2019
INTRUST BANK ARENA, WICHITA, KANSAS, UNITED STATES

Main card:
zauTvoQ.jpg

Prelims:
XDE0Eo4.jpg
mTNOVvP.jpg

Black beast v Dos Santos, they have over 30 KOs between them and this hopefully adds 1 more. I left the Jeff Hughes pic that Google stuck in. It was still blacked out on ufc site and that gave me a few lols.

Lol at the picture the UFC has for Jeff Hughes

This main event is a fuckin banger. Which Dos Santos shows up? That’s the real question for me.

Reneau vs Kunitskaya is a good fight

Means, Dariush, Boetsch, Rothwell, some fan friendly fighters on here

I'm pulling for JDS, as much as I love Lewis. JDS was so fucking dominant until his second match with Cain, and was must-see fighting because he would knock you the fuck out and there was nothing you can do about it.

Hope he reaches deep into the tank to find that old self again. Would love to see it.

Random question:

Has the UFC just completely put Stipe on the back burner? Does he have a fight announced that I haven’t heard about? It feels like he’s forgotten.

Last edited:

Random question:

Has the UFC just completely put Stipe on the back burner? Does he have a fight announced that I haven’t heard about? It feels like he’s forgotten.

He's in a weird place. He wants a rematch with DC, but no initiative shown in calling people out or earning that rematch. He needs to start fighting again and the rematch will eventually come I believe. I don't think he's big enough to get it on just merit.

manfestival

This main card is pretty good for the classic UFC fans. Only fight I don't care for is the co-main but everything else interests me on the main card.

Def rooting for black beast! He has some of my artwork and has given me instagram shout outs and such. He's so chill and nice. Everything else on the card but Tim Means will be me learning new fighters cus honestly haven't heard of or remember. And I watch every event.

I like these smaller events as well. Normally throw up some good brawls. We have another three before 236, so popcorn and bourbon.

I think JDS has this but rooting for the black beast. Seems like a great guy and never says never.

Watching the highlight clips it makes me think JDS is gonna win but again, which JDS is gonna show up. JDS did look great in his last fight, so that’s a good sign.

I still remember watching Schnell on that one-season-then-cancelled mma MTV reality show that was corny as fuck.

I think this could is gonna have a lot of finishes. Fan friendly card.

So far these ESPN cards have flowed pretty quickly, they have a nicer pace than the PPV events imo. It’s nice when the main event starts before midnight

Morono took it to Ottaw

LOL at what Jeff Hughes actually looks like compared to the mistake pic

Edit

The Hughes fight was pretty good, actually.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
Not a bad debut.
Needs that standing stamina but for sure has some good heart. I like his personality and story.

Last edited:
I thought Kuni was gonna knock her out with an upkick, looked like we almost had a wardrobe malfunction there

Reneau strugglin a bit with the range of the larger Kuni

TrainedRage

Banned
Da blood.... My goodness these women.

Good decision, Reneau won the last bit but that was about it.

Jesus the next fighters are already out? this card is flying.

Last edited:
Reneau won the third, clearly, figured out Kuni, but the bits and pieces of first two rounds seemd to go Kuni's way, I was distracted though.

Lets see what the judges say

That would have been a great five round fight

edit

Judges saw it that way, 2-1 for Kuni. Marion was landing hard in the third though

Last edited:

Gus vs Anthony Smith, Jon Jones’ two latest defeated opponents, meet in Sweden.

Lot of people wanted Johnny Walker vs Gus, that would have been exciting but a big leap for JW

Boetsch with the strong Johnny Cash walkout game

I’ll always remember this guy for that fight when he got absolutely smoked by Yushin Okami for two rounds then KO’d Okami In the third

Top Bottom