• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

uh... a spider just crawled into my xbox one

orochi91

Well, I'm having nightmares tonight.

Welp. It's not like I'm planning to sleep or anything like that tonight.

This is what the spider in my PS3 kind of looked like:

false-widow-spider-small.png

Apparently these are False Black Widows, and I didn't know these were also here in Canada :/

highrider

Banned
Take it to a body shop and ask if they'll let you blow it out with compressed air. I take my consoles and do this every year or so for dust. Or anyone you may know that has access to a good industrial air compressor.

Fisty

Immediately download Basement Crawl, play to completion. The spider, and everything within a six block radius, will be incinerated. Make sure you wear sunblock

Dennis

Banned
Smoke that fucker out.

If that fails, it is time to RRoD and call for a replacement. Spiderbox One is Microsoft's problem now.

Well the Xbox One was originally going to be connected to the web at all times... spider must not have gotten the memo about the Great Xbox 180

icespide

Banned
so now my dumb worry is that because I don't play the Xbox as much as the PS4 that would make the situation worse. like I should play the Xbox more to coax the spider out with heat and noise?

Majine

Banned
Spiders enjoy dark and warm places, like a console that is played a lot.

Try luring it into a Wii U, it'll freeze to death.

Minions

Find a highpower wet/dry vac and have at it..... hopefully you suck him out.

A vacuum was/is the actual preferred method of "cleaning" a PS3 according to Sony.

orochi91

so now my dumb worry is that because I don't play the Xbox as much as the PS4 that would make the situation worse. like I should play the Xbox more to coax the spider out with heat and noise?

The opposite.

I'd put in the console in a very cold location and wait for the spider to either die or crawl out in desperation as it looks for someplace warmer.

The description you gave made it sound like a baby, so it won't last long in a cold environment.

Anne

Microsoft has really stepped up their marketing.

This was Microsoft's plan all along when dealing with consumers with multiple consoles: plant spiders in every Xbone so ppl would play more due to fear.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Put Rise of the Tomb Raider in the disc drive and then put the console outside. That's where it's cold.

Also where do you live, just asking for a friend.

Three

The opposite.

I'd put in the console in a very cold location and wait for the spider to either die or crawl out in desperation as it looks for someplace warmer.

The description you gave made it sound like a baby, so it won't last long in a cold environment.

His/her username is icespide. Icespide!

Try shooting compressed air into the disc drive. It won't damage the 'Bone and it may kill the spider by blowing it all over the place.

Top Bottom