• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

The Pit I ordered from Coolshop a while back just came in a bubble envelope. Don't buy from them if you like your boxes
They don't really seem to have any type of packaging judging by Twitter, they just shove it in a box and don't care.
Yeah :/ I unbox them anyway so this is fine as a backup order until I can secure elsewhere at least.

Prices are also too high and it seems I have to pay now... That is a no from me.
I've ordered and they charge at dispatch by the look of it.

Does Dr.Mario come packaged with a PhD for that additional £3.99?
haha yeah you'd hope so xD Not sure why he's more expensive though... strange.

Cappa

Banned
Too far out to really guarantee getting these I would say. Gonna take me chances with Nintendo Store/Amazon... God help me...
To far out? A lot of places in Europe Asia have already started wave 5-6 preorders if history is any indicator if you have the opportunity to preorder do it or else you're probably sol in the long run.

kubus

Anyone want to take over my order of Ness, Lucina and Robin at amazon.co.jp?

I have already secured this wave so I have no more need for my back up order. You're gonna need Tenso or another proxy service if you don't live in Japan though. Send me a PM and we can work out the details. I need to do this within the next 24 hours though because I'm afraid they'll start shipping them out soon.

So basically:
1. You paypal me the cost price of the three amiibo (3,888 yen = ~€30. Yes, that's right, only 30 euro for three amiibo!)
2. I will change the shipping adress at amazon to your Tenso address (or whichever proxy you're using)

PM me!

edit: Never mind, Amazon was already preparing shipment, had to cancel.

Holy shit, dat scalper price...

N3iyUpo.png

All I want is a Pac-Man amiibo, you think he'd be easy to obtain. Ugh.

To far out? A lot of places in Europe Asia have already started wave 5-6 preorders if history is any indicator if you have the opportunity to preorder do it or else you're probably sol in the long run.

Just given the fact that so much recent Wave 4 preorders were cancelled + what the stock allocations are in relation to retailer preorders and what guarantees they have in place to fulfil those orders.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Holy shit, dat scalper price...

N3iyUpo.png

All I want is a Pac-Man amiibo, you think he'd be easy to obtain. Ugh.

Tell me about it, I got an e-mail from amazon saying that Lucina, Robin, and Ness were back in stock and it turned out it was scalpers.

Fuck scalpers, I am not paying them anything that is above £10.99.

US amiibro here, just checking and curious: what seems to be common and out right now, and his much does it cost to ship to US.

I just waited out in the cold and rain for Greninja only to be turned away because there was only 10 available to preorder. So I'm just searching around to see what its like in other countries for these things. Charizard and Pac I need to lock down still.

TheMoon

US amiibro here, just checking and curious: what seems to be common and out right now, and his much does it cost to ship to US.

I just waited out in the cold and rain for Greninja only to be turned away because there was only 10 available to preorder. So I'm just searching around to see what its like in other countries for these things. Charizard and Pac I need to lock down still.

You're hilarious if you're implying you could order anything at will that isn't easy to get anywhere :)

The glory days of Europe swimming in everything are long past, amiibro.

MicH

There is nothing to get here. Everything sold out months ago. Maybe try Japan?

With thanks to Amiibro Shadow Ranger, I've got Pac and Ness coming my way and Villager too! So relived to get my hands on that trio of Amiibo:)

Also have Samus and MarioBros collection Luigi heading my way too via Amazon/eBay.

Collection now up to 12, and I'd said I'd only buy one or two of these things! Amiibo fever...

Got another three identical E-Mails from Amazon.UK

Hello,

We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered on *********
"amiibo Smash Robin (Nintendo Wii U/3DS)"

We're awaiting a revised estimate from our supplier, and will email you as soon as we receive this information.

If you'd prefer to cancel the item, please visit Your Account on the link below:
One of our aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service but in this case, we've fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

You haven't been charged for these items. We don't charge your payment card until just before your parcel is dispatched, at which time we'll send you an e-mail to confirm the payment details, estimated delivery date, contents and method of delivery.

If the order won't arrive by the time you need it, you can cancel the order or an individual item from your order by visiting Your Account, and viewing the order details. As long as the item hasn't entered the dispatch process, you'll be able to cancel it.

We hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
WHY WAS THE DELIVERY ESTIMATE CHANGED?
While we do our best to stick to these estimates, unexpected fluctuations in supply or demand, manufacturing issues, or release date changes for new products can occasionally add time to our original availability estimates.

Thanks for nothing Amazon.UK.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Looking for Lucina, I've got Pac-Man to trade

This time Gamestop saved me (besides Lucina e Ness' box being ruined, ffs) and IBS.it totally screwed me over, preordered a few hours later on Feb 20th and nothing showed up, motherf***ers

Junahu

It's aggravating that Argos won't tell you WHERE they have stock, merely that they HAVE stock.... somewhere. Are they scared of people coming to actually buy their products?

TheAnvil

Neo Member
I don't really understand the problem with Argos? When I'm on Pac-Man's page, it says it's available for delivery to my address, but when I go to check out it says it's out of stock.

TheAnvil

Neo Member
Now Pac Man is saying he's out of stock in my area.

HOW CAN HE BE OUT OF STOCK IN MY AREA IF WE COULDN'T ORDER THE ONES THAT WERE IN STOCK.

Glad I got Toad when I did during the initial pre order from Amazon. Had to pay a wee bit extra on eBay for Luigi recently though (£14).
Wave 5/6 is gonna be fun...

JonnyKong

It's just crazy to think that when I look over to my right and see these little plastic figures standing there in the corner of my bedroom, that they're so sought after and that I imagine many people across the world are dying to get their hands on some of them. I'm not trying to gloat that I have them, just that the whole situation is ridiculously absurd.

And do you know what the funniest part is? I don't think anybody is coming on these forums and saying stuff like, "the amiibo functionality in this game is amazing!" which is what we should be doing. (the Mario Kart costumes are pretty great actually) Surely that's the point of these things.

We've all gone nuts.

Junahu

And do you know what the funniest part is? I don't think anybody is coming on these forums and saying stuff like, "the amiibo functionality in this game is amazing!" which is what we should be doing. (the Mario Kart costumes are pretty great actually) Surely that's the point of these things.
The scariest thing is that I'm really contemplating getting Amiibo compatible games in order to justify their purchase. I would never normally get Mario Party 10, but with a full set of Mario series Amiibo...

TheMoon

We've all gone nuts.

I'm pretty stoked about the Code Name S.T.E.A.M. functionality and the solo-second-player thing in Yoshi's Wolly World, personally.

JonnyKong

Good point on the Yoshi functionality, should be pretty nifty, and I like the sound of the extra challenges/missions? the Splatoon Amiibos will be bringing us.

TheMoon

Good point on the Yoshi functionality, should be pretty nifty, and I like the sound of the extra challenges/missions? the Splatoon Amiibos will be bringing us.

Oh right yea, that too!

Though I do hope those amiibo will find use in another game, too. At least they look fantastic just as figures themselves.

Kyari

I didn't realise this wave had actually come out until about half an hour ago. The people gouging Ness so hard on Amazon are absolute scum, really legitimately angry. One business has 11 Ness listed for £59.99 right now.

Flintty

I didn't realise this wave had actually come out until about half an hour ago. The people gouging Ness so hard on Amazon are absolute scum, really legitimately angry. One business has 11 Ness listed for £59.99 right now.

Its fucking annoying. I wish Nintendo would get a grip and just flood the market so that these cunts are stuck with a load of common Amiibos.

JonnyKong

That amiibo tap greatest hits thingy out this Thursday might be alright actually, and may even help persuade me buy a classic Nes or Snes game I missed from my youth.

I wonder what the plan is once the full line-up of Smash Amiibo are out there?
Will Nintendo start a new line?
Will they start a refresh of old figures (Amiibo Classic...haha)?
I agree that Nintendo need to ramp up production of the coming waves and clamp down on the scalper market.

Top Bottom