• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what time does the actual tournament start. Last time they had pre-game matches for the famous Horse Head and stuff. Any estimates to the actual tournament time?

God's Beard said:
Well he's always talking about Doom, and everytime someone mentions Richard Pryor you can hear him say "Dormammu I love you" kind of under his breath.

Dorm is definitely another distinctly Marvel 3 character. I'd throw Spencer and Amaterasu in there, too.
My favorite Mahvel character ever for sure.

Dahbomb

3 hours from now. It starts at 7 PM Pacific.

I am really fascinated about Frank West DHC combos into LVL5. Dude on SRK claims he can get to LVL5 by just combo into Skrull Inferno -> DHC into Frank West Cart Hyper -> Camera shot. That sounds way easier than what I originally thought.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Dahbomb said:
3 hours from now. It starts at 7 PM Pacific.

I am really fascinated about Frank West DHC combos into LVL5. Dude on SRK claims he can get to LVL5 by just combo into Skrull Inferno -> DHC into Frank West Cart Hyper -> Camera shot. That sounds way easier than what I originally thought.

I would lol'd if there is a secret input to access to mega buster. :B (like kind of impossible input)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fuck Ammy.

Ammy matchup + terrible hit confirming ability in my part + DILDOS hit box = a pain in the ass. I've said it before I'll XF and kill Ammy on any team.

Dahbomb said:
What about Frank West? Who is he like in a FG?
His level up system reminds me of Bang from BlazBlue. Each counter that a good Bang lands brings you one step closer to getting bitch slapped by Fūrinkazan.

Frank would be too godlike if he had mobility.

Dahbomb

For me personally, no other character has gotten such a reversal in terms of anticipation and hype after reveal as Frank West.

I was pretty meh at his inclusion early on and thought he would just be a TVC port. After the reveal and learning more information on him, he is the most fun character out of the new cast and just as unique as Wright. My hype for Frank West in UMVC3 went up astronomically. I respect his inclusion even if he may not end up being that good in the long run (maybe we'll see).

By the way I just saw a Mugen Vergil video... and I saw some stuff in it that I think might be possible in UMVC3 too. It's truly a shame that Capcom didn't find a way to balance his SS without putting on an extra meter requirement on him, the stuff that Vergil can do from the formations is just crazy!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Kadey said:
I want to play against scrubs now.

I am not that scrubby. I'm afraid that I wouldn't teach you anything. I am much scrubby to Bob White. I will redeem myself someday. you will see, BOB!

Week 1 online for ultimate's probably gonna be way less scrubby than week 1 online for vanilla. Last time I got plenty of ranked wins early cause no one knew how to play.

Dahbomb

As much as I respect FChamp as a player... I am going to be salty over ANOTHER Phoenix (Jean) win. :/

There's going to be a decent amount of RR players there. You can bet on it. Norcal loves their zoning characters.

JazzmanZ

enzo_gt said:
I do too, too bad people scared him away out of frustration and intolerance.

You will always be the 7th Mahvel god to me lupinko, after other recent inductees Wolverine and Jean.

Is the stream still on?

What are you talking about, the problem we had with Lupinko was his stupid as hell hints.

He'd never confirm whos right, and some of his hints were vague as hell and could relate to a bunch of other characters, I mean we got Carnage out of Firebrand, CARNAGE.

And when we were wrong he'd laugh at us for being bad at them.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
JazzmanZ said:
What are you talking about, the problem we had with Lupinko was his stupid as hell hints.

He'd never confirm whos right, and some of his hints were vague as hell and could relate to a bunch of other characters, I mean we got Carnage out of Firebrand, CARNAGE.

And when we were wrong he'd laugh at us for being bad at them.
I'd laugh too. It's part of the fun of being the riddlemaster DUHHHHH

Dahbomb said:
For me personally, no other character has gotten such a reversal in terms of anticipation and hype after reveal as Frank West.

I was pretty meh at his inclusion early on and thought he would just be a TVC port. After the reveal and learning more information on him, he is the most fun character out of the new cast and just as unique as Wright. My hype for Frank West in UMVC3 went up astronomically. I respect his inclusion even if he may not end up being that good in the long run (maybe we'll see).
Remember nobody being hyped for Frank? Remember when it was just me?

Well, LOOK WHO'S LAUGHING NOW

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Banana Kid said:

Eh, I try not to get hype unless I see solid stuff. But I did say months ago that he wouldn't be like his TvC self if they put him in the game due to how long they had to work on him. Which return gave us that post about his camera LOL

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Parallax Scroll said:
Viper is an SNK character when she's in Street Fighter IV. When she's in marvel, she's a Street Fighter IV character.
I never understood why people say she's an SNK character

She fits the "Stereotype/pop culture reference" direction of Street Fighter(Hot female Secret Agent)

~Devil Trigger~ said:

She fits the "Stereotype/pop culture reference" direction of Street Fighter(Hot female Secret Agent)

I think Ono said that they used SNK and KOF as direct inspiration for C. Viper's design and fighting style, saying that C. Viper is Capcom's attempt at a "Cool" Character that SNK is normally known for instead of their zany cartoony style.

Banana Kid said:

I've been hyped for Frank all the time, but not as much as Rocky. We both got satisfaction. =P

SolarPowered said:
His level up system reminds me of Bang from BlazBlue. Each counter that a good Bang lands brings you one step closer to getting bitch slapped by Fūrinkazan.

Frank would be too godlike if he had mobility.

I dunno, if anything I feel Wright's turnabout mode is more like FRKZ than Frank's mechanic.

Dahbomb

The Carnage guess was like the money shot. I was so sure it was him that I turned off GAF and went to bed all satisfied only to wake up in the morning to read the disconfirmation. At that point the fun from the hints was sucked dry. Red mutha fucker, Aunt May Carnage GAF meme, "Strange bedfellows" (really though this hint applied more to Carnage than Firebrand), Mighty Max, villain character etc.

The hilarious part about the hints was that as HUGE of a Vergil fanboy I am... the connections to Vergil were VERY loose. I guess some of them weren't vague but at that time I just didn't WANT to believe them in case I was setting myself up for a disappointment.

But whatever... FUN times and memories. I also remember me being sad about Ghost Rider being sort of disconfirmed only for him to actually be in the game anyway!

She looks and plays like an SNK character. Like a male SNK character to be exact. Right down to the costume, the gloves, the flame kicks and seismo moves. You really have to admit that she stands out a lot in the SF crowd with her crazy AOE moves. I still like her in both SF4 and MVC3.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SolarKnight said:
I dunno, if anything I feel Wright's turnabout mode is more like FRKZ than Frank's mechanic.
It's Raou. Look at the videos I posted lol Wright is zappa random evidence is kinda like ghost as well for him.

Dahbomb said:
She looks and plays like an SNK character. Like a male SNK character to be exact. Right down to the costume, the gloves, the flame kicks and seismo moves. You really have to admit that she stands out a lot in the SF crowd with her crazy AOE moves.
Showing how much of a SF4 noob I am here... doesn't Viper in SF4 have additional jump options (like high/low jump) that most SF4 characters don't have?

SolarKnight said:
You don't get Furinkazan by randomly throwing out burning fists from the other side of the stage lol.

It is intentional and you can combo into it just like Frank's pictures.

The Carnage guess was like the money shot. I was so sure it was him that I turned off GAF and went to bed all satisfied only to wake up in the morning to read the disconfirmation. At that point the fun from the hints was sucked dry. Red mutha fucker, Aunt May Carnage GAF meme, "Strange bedfellows" (really though this hint applied more to Carnage than Firebrand), Mighty Max, villain character etc.

The hilarious part about the hints was that as HUGE of a Vergil fanboy I am... the connections to Vergil were VERY loose. I guess some of them weren't vague but at that time I just didn't WANT to believe them in case I was setting myself up for a disappointment.

But whatever... FUN times and memories. I also remember me being sad about Ghost Rider being sort of disconfirmed only for him to actually be in the game anyway!
They were without a doubt the worst riddles ever created. No disrespect to Lupinko, it's just not something he's good at.

Dahbomb

Ibuki has a super jump too. Not to mention the characters with teleports, power up supers, dive kicks and moves that suck in characters.

It's not a big deal IMO. There are a lot of unique characters in SF4 anyway. Do people complain about Urien and his Aegis reflecter? Or that Dhalsim can stretch nearly full screen with his limbs? Or that Rose can create satellites around them that you can't really avoid easily?

Anth0ny

Do we know if Wright can get to Turnabout mode easily? I think Viscant suggested something like Trish's boomerang -> DHC into Phoenix Wright and pick up evidence. Is something like that feasible?

Anth0ny said:
Do we know if Wright can get to Turnabout mode easily? I think Viscant suggested something like Trish's boomerang -> DHC into Phoenix Wright and pick up evidence. Is something like that feasible?
Gathering evidence is easy enough. Getting the hit for Turnabout is the challenge.

Dahbomb

Anth0ny said:
He can gather the evidence rather quickly and easily. That's not the problem like I have been saying for quite some time. Well it IS a nuisance when you have toss away bad evidence but it's really not a big deal.

The problem is getting the Objection hit on the other character. It's basically like the Pipe, technically a very good move only it's attached to a character with low mobility/mix up options. The impressions of the guys playing said that once he had the evidence people just ran away from him so they didn't get hit by Objection. The strategy then has been to use another character to get the opening hit and potentially TAC/DHC into Wright for the Objection hit.

Pretty much once he gets into Turnabout mode he is insane there is no doubt about it. The plus side is that he at least has a timer on it so it's not Dark Phoenix broken.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Dahbomb said:
He can gather the evidence rather quickly and easily. That's not the problem like I have been saying for quite some time. Well it IS a nuisance when you have toss away bad evidence but it's really not a big deal.

The problem is getting the Objection hit on the other character. It's basically like the Pipe, technically a very good move only it's attached to a character with low mobility/mix up options. The impressions of the guys playing said that once he had the evidence people just ran away from him so they didn't get hit by Objection. The strategy then has been to use another character to get the opening hit and potentially TAC/DHC into Wright for the Objection hit.

Pretty much once he gets into Turnabout mode he is insane there is no doubt about it. The plus side is that he at least has a timer on it so it's not Dark Phoenix broken.

I can't wait for PW to show up on the Blow Ups list. Yeah we keep hearing how good he is, but we'll see how good he is inside actual combat. I think it's going to be real tough to use him effectively. I think he's going to be another MODOK: requires insane skill to be competent with him.

Anyways, can't wait to spend hours with him in training mode. I'm maining that sucka no matter what!

Went back to play some MvC3 in order to satiate my hype.

All I came back with was a saying I remember from some stream: "You need some THICK skin to play Marvel 3". Got happy birthday'd in a ranked match by a scrub Akuma + tatsu. :salty

Enough's enough, bring on the Ultimate salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom