• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
striKeVillain! said:
Yo Enzo, I literally roared with laughter when Hu explained that live. That was so funny.
Real talk, I wish he recorded the bit before that, where Mags was doing the flight combo in the air and Chris was just yelling OTG! OTG! OTG! :lol

Azure J

enzo_gt said:
Real talk, I wish he recorded the bit before that, where Mags was doing the flight combo in the air and Chris was just yelling OTG! OTG! OTG! :lol

Chris Hu + Marvel is only second to Yipes + Marvel for sheer breathlessness when watching the stream and laughing. Have we forgotten about how ESTAKA came into being? Or how about "What comic is Wesker from?" :lol

h3ro

AzureJericho said:
Chris Hu + Marvel is only second to Yipes + Marvel for sheer breathlessness when watching the stream and laughing. Have we forgotten about how ESTAKA came into being? Or how about "What comic is Wesker from?" :lol

Ok. Forget Iran Fist.

Maggy Hu.

Azure J

striKeVillain! said:
I love how Chris Hu + Aquasilk (two players who almost exclusively play SF4) are discussed in Marvel-GAF. Today, is a good day.

I just realized another reason why Megaman not being in Marvel is a crime. Aqua is dead serious about not touching the game until he's announced, which also means that Rush Hour commentating Marvel won't be a regular deal until then.

Goddamnit. :lol

I lost all interest in this game and stopped paying attention to it when Gene was left off the roster. Again.

So... has he been announced as a DLC character yet?

semi-serious question that I'm 99% sure I know the answer to

Buddha Beam said:
I lost all interest in this game and stopped paying attention to it when Gene was left off the roster. Again.

Yes, they're charging $8.95 though. :/

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Buddha Beam said:

Rumour has it, he was in the final, although very large pool of characters in consideration for UMvC3. He did not make the final cut.

DLC is undecided, and won't be finalized/greenlit until they see how the game sells.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Buddha Beam said:

Nope, you wont find the game that fun though if you only cared about one character anyways

Buddha Beam said:

They cut him and Captain Commando for Vergil/Phoenix Wright.

tee hee
AzureJericho said:
I just realized another reason why Megaman not being in Marvel is a crime. Aqua is dead serious about not touching the game until he's announced, which also means that Rush Hour commentating Marvel won't be a regular deal until then.

Goddamnit. :lol
Now people should fully understand the gravity of the situation.

No rush hour for Mahvel...
enzo_gt said:
Rumour has it, he was in the final, although very large pool of characters in consideration for UMvC3. He did not make the final cut.

DLC is undecided, and won't be finalized/greenlit until they see how the game sells.
lol

Nyoro SF

QisTopTier said:
Anyone not playing the game cause of one character is gone when there is like 50 play styles to pick from is lame anyways lol

It's always funny when people who have not been participating in discussion suddenly pop in and start asking these day one questions lol

QisTopTier said:
Anyone not playing the game cause of one character is gone when there is like 50 play styles to pick from is lame anyways lol

Well that was unnecessary.

Fact is, I have no desire to plunk down $40 bones the game if I'm not terribly interested in any of the new characters, though.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Was messing around in the character viewer and noticed that Jill and Shuma-Gorath have their DLC outfits unlocked right from the start:
TWhqvl.jpg

Also got to play a whopping ONE match online. There's only 11 people listed on the ranked match board at the moment. The connection was awful (no bars), but we played anyway. Hopefully more people have it early by the weekend so the lobby system can be fully-tested.

Something annoying I noticed in arcade is that the game will stutter in the beginning of the match. MvC3 did not do this; I'm hoping this was a result of fight request being turned on.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Lyte Edge said:
Was messing around in the character viewer and noticed that Jill and Shuma-Gorath have their DLC outfits unlocked right from the start:
http://i.imgur.com/TWhqvl.jpg[/MG]

Also got to play a whopping ONE match online. There's only 11 people listed on the ranked match board at the moment. The connection was awful (no bars), but we played anyway. Hopefully more people have it early by the weekend so the lobby system can be fully-tested.

Something annoying I noticed in arcade is that the game will stutter in the beginning of the match. MvC3 did not do this; I'm hoping this was a result of fight request being turned on.[/QUOTE]
Can I get a close up on dat shuma :D
[QUOTE=Buddha Beam]Well that was unnecessary.

Fact is, I have no desire to plunk down $40 bones the game if I'm not terribly interested in any of the new characters, though.[/QUOTE]

Fighting games are not for you :P There is more to the game than just new characters. It's about entire overhauls of the game.

Grecco

Lyte Edge said:
TWhqvl.jpg

Something annoying I noticed in arcade is that the game will stutter in the beginning of the match. MvC3 did not do this; I'm hoping this was a result of fight request being turned on.

Would you happen to have a Vanilla save?

Nyoro SF said:
It's always funny when people who have not been participating in discussion suddenly pop in and start asking these day one questions lol
I don't hold it against those folks. They are the lifeblood of our fighting games. Most of them wouldn't get funded if it weren't for casual folks like him.
Lyte Edge said:
That Shuma is on some lovecraft shit. Damn, they might have it in them for a Darkstalkers game after all(at least from the art design aspect).

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
enzo_gt said:
What the FUCK at those alts?

No MvC2 Jill? Jesus Capcom, WTF ARE YOU DOING?
No RE1 jill for you, you get RE3 jill

I guess they are doing what they did with BB and gave the dlc characters the dlc outfit stuff. *colors in that* by default

Korigama

No S.T.A.R.S. Jill, even though Chris and Wesker got their S.T.A.R.S. uniforms, and a butt-ugly Shuma alt...way to make people who passed on them before want to buy them now, Capcom.

Lyte Edge said:
TWhqvl.jpg

Niiiiiice, good to see that the DLC characters get alts for free.

It's no STARS Jill, but I really like her RE3 outfit so I'm not complaining. No idea what the hell Shuma's supposed to be though o_0

vg260

Korigama said:
No S.T.A.R.S. Jill, even though Chris and Wesker got their S.T.A.R.S. uniforms, and a butt-ugly Shuma alt...way to make people who passed on them before want to buy them now, Capcom.

weird. there goes the RE1 team. Maybe it's gonna be paid later and this might be the vanilla bonus as speculated above. Are characters only getting one?

Lyte Edge said:
TWhqvl.jpg

NO RE1/MVC2 outfit?

Fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom