• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Wild Costume DLC announced. Woof!

Since pure hearted Ryu is a white wolf like the one from Okami(except a dude) I'm guessing Evil Ryu will be the black wolf like the one from the Never Ending Story?

Dictator better be a bison.

ijt8oP4qyfDl2.jpg

Sgblues

Hmm thinking about it

Ken = Orangutan(svc)

Guile = Eagle or a Rooster(svc)

Dhalsim = Elephant(svc)

Adon = Jaguar

Abel = A dog maybe a doberman

Ibuki = Tanuki

Chun Li = Ostrich(svc)

T-Hawk = A Hawk or a Condor

Juri = Spider

Cody = He's a.......... Jailbird hahaha

Sakura = Pomeranian

Hugo = Gorilla(svc)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Funny thing, Ryu actually met and spar with Jon Talbain in Capcom Fighting Evolution

Also Akuma should a dragon for them Megaman X4 references

I wonder if they'll make Fei Long a rooster or dragon.

The rooster is his Chinese zodiac, he screams like a rooster and he has the Chicken Wing.
But dragon is his name (long) and it was Bruce Lee's zodiac.

Robot Pants

Hmm thinking about it

Ken = Orangutan(svc)

Guile = Eagle or a Rooster(svc)

Dhalsim = Elephant(svc)

Adon = Jaguar

Abel = A dog maybe a doberman

Ibuki = Tanuki

Chun Li = Ostrich(svc)

T-Hawk = A Hawk or a Condor

Juri = Spider

Cody = He's a.......... Jailbird hahaha

Sakura = Pomeranian

Hugo = Gorilla(svc)

Yun = Skateboard

So Rufus should be some kind of snake and Yang should be a mantis then I guess. Rufus should have a King Cobra costume from the old cartoon GI Joe. And maybe Fei Long should be a dragon since he is a homage to THE Dragon.

Clawww

Shadowloo set is going to look so dope.

Bison = Bat

Vega = Serpent

Sagat = Tiger

Balrog = Buffalo

Not sure about Seth, though.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wonder if they'll make Fei Long a rooster or dragon.

The rooster is his Chinese zodiac, he screams like a rooster and he has the Chicken Wing.
But dragon is his name (long) and it was Bruce Lee's zodiac.

Why not a quilin, which looks like some sort of chimera creature of dragon and bird?

Hilariously enough there's another MMX maverick, Burn Rooster, who fights like Fei Long... sorta.

Jac_Solar

The OP says it's just costumes, but people make it sound like this is a big deal, something they are invested in, but I don't understand why. Does this change the mechanics or gameplay in some way?

Ie, people stating they'd rather have a Darkstalkers game, discussion on what other characters would be, its relation to folklore, cultural significance of the costumes, missed opportunities by the developers by not doing something else... but if it were any other game, most people would probably just sigh and complain about developers wasting resources on costumes. So, what's going on? Isn't it just costumes?

Why not a quilin, which looks like some sort of chimera creature of dragon and bird?
Not a bad idea, but after reading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qilin there doesn't seem to be much bird in this creature. It's sometimes depicted with feathers, but in general it's a creature "with the head of a dragon, the antlers of a deer, the skin and scales of a fish, the hooves of an ox and tail of a lion". That's not a good match for Fei Long. Neither is "Chinese unicorn" as it's called in modern times.

Dear detractors:

It's totally optional, totally cosmetic Paid DLC done by the Art team who have nothing to do with the netcode programming nd are just having fun with the characters. Don't like it? don't buy it.

It's not like Ryu is now officially a wolf or anything.

Regardless:

Ken: Falcon
Guile: Bald Mothafuckin Eagle with the Mohawk intact because AMURRICA
Rufus: Boar
Zangief: Bear (duh)
Chun Li - Some kinda Burd, maybe a Crane?
Akuma: MOTHAFUCKIN' DRAGON.
Vega: Snake/Cat
Sagat: TIGER!
Balrog: Kangaroo
Fei Long: Eastern Dragon
E. Honda - Tanuki
T. Hawk- Hawk, Duh.
Bison: Bison!
Dan: DOGE.
Poison: Super Effeminate looking full anthro snake instead of the tails and ears thing to accentuate the whole TG thing with her.

No idea on the others, I haven't played Enough SF4 to know the entire cast.

fader

I'm all for them lending continual support for their game. But besides the cammy costume, these don't look that great thus far.

Top Bottom