• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 will be played on X360 at EVO2015

Boke1879

Is this Sony's or Capcom's fault? Didn't the Resident Evil Remaster run better on Xbox One?

I still think Capcom deserves some blame. They are in a deal with Sony to host their flagship game at the biggest tournament in the world. How they didn't even check in on this baffles me.

Is this Sony's or Capcom's fault? Didn't the Resident Evil Remaster run better on Xbox One?

Is not a problem of the game not running well or bad (well kinda is), but the game has laggy controls, bugs and other problems (bad online).

Is beyond a engine not performing welll and goes directly into "someone made a fucking bad job here".

Is mostly Sony's fault, they produced the port and gave it to a third party studios with not exactly the best portfolio, probably because they were cheaper than more reputable studios.

In short: A mess.

TomShoe

Banned
Yep, should have delayed it. Trying to make it to Capcom Cup was not a good decision.

831fed82a85437a7c7c47a373d3141b042593d8db8d7fd174207724f486426bf.jpg

Iacobellis

Both. Capcom said "Sony, you do it."

Sony said "hey, anybody wanna port this little Street Fighter thing?"

Really? Why was Capcom reluctant to developing it? I could understand why Sony has been forced to port games themselves for the Vita, but I imagined that wouldn't happen on a better selling platform like the PS4.

Kyoufu

Really? Why was Capcom reluctant to developing it? I could understand why Sony has been forced to port games themselves for the Vita, but I imagined that wouldn't happen on a better selling platform like the PS4.

Capcom are tied up with a lot of projects of their own.

Wait, did Sony develop this or Capcom? Who do I blame here? I just assumed it was Capcom's work.

Sony outsorcered this to Other Ocean, a studio with a very underwhelming curriculum on his back.

I guess part of the deal is that Capcom didn't have to use their own resources and just get the check of the sales.

I don't think they are too happy that Sony dirtied their IP though.

Averon

The money Sony saved in hiring Other Ocean to port the game is lost and then some by the lost advertising exposure they would have gotten if the port was good.

Bgamer90

Banned
I don't see why they wouldn't. It's not like they're going to get booed or anything. It's a new Street Fighter game.

Yeah, I just said it because it would be a bit strange (and remind people of PS4 USFIV's problems) if there were ads for SFV during a tournament being played on Xbox 360.

I don't know how the EVO deals work though obviously. Either way (as I said before), this has been a huge mess.

Boke1879

The money Sony saved in hiring Other Ocean to port the game is lost and then some by the lost advertising exposure they would have gotten if the port was good.

This is a screw up but to be honest with you. In a couple of months I doubt people will even care. With SFV getting exposure at CEO, E3, and Evo. People will be too hyped for that. By the time SFV releases this will be a minor blip on the radar.

Yudoken

PC is a hassle for tournament. Changing sticks and stuff can be terrible.

Wednesday Night Fights used it for a while, took forever to set up a match.

How?
I use PS3/360/DS4 and two different Sticks at the same time and it works perfectly fine on pc.
How can that be a hassle/complicated?

liquidtmd

Banned
How did this pass Sony's certification test?

The two guys who run Sonys QA who also double as the firmware team are very busy this time of year, leave 'em sleeping

Why wouldn't it pass cert? It technically works. Cert isn't checking to see if the game is actually any good or if that version is playable at a level like Evo.

Seriously...Certification in my experience works on a priority matrix. What they would have experienced wouldnt have been enough to fail it but I HIGHLY doubt all this shit wouldnt have been reported in the documentation

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
How?
I use PS3/360/DS4 and two different Sticks at the same time and it works perfectly fine on pc.
How can that be a hassle/complicated?
I don't know exactly, but try watching some older WNF sessions. I guess people bringing all kinds of hardware and adapters inevitably will have some problems. Maybe some tournament organisers can explain.

Top Bottom