• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 will be played on X360 at EVO2015

Roto13

Yep, should have delayed it. Trying to make it to Capcom Cup was not a good decision.

831fed82a85437a7c7c47a373d3141b042593d8db8d7fd174207724f486426bf.jpg

I doubt Other Ocean would have put out a good port if they had five years to do it.

Kysen

The funny part is that they can put up $500k for the prize pool but hiring a decent port house is too expensive.

Malice215

Can't wait to see Capcom Cup sponsored by Sony played on the X360.

At least the community events will be spared from this screw up for now, but any competent SF4 player could have spent 5 minutes on the game and told them it was ass, yet they pushed it out anyway.

Capcom should have handled the port, or Sony shouldn't have insisted on getting a rushed USF4 port out the door to make some cheddar off of before the release of SFV.

alstein

Why not the PC version?

Expense, also what else would they play on PC- the only other games that run best on PC are Skullgirls and UM, and PS4 Skullgirls is perfectly fine, and UM games have about the same odds of being at Evo as I do of winning it.

Boke1879

This whole thing makes me extremely wary of the fact Sony's associated so heavily with SFV.

How when Capcom is developing it in house.

Look at it this way. does the MCC sitaution going to stop you from buying Halo 5?

This amounts to a shit port. If SFV releases in a broken state only Capcom is to blame for that.

What if they fix the game before evo?

They won't change anymore at this point. I doubt it.
Also already said but, man this game is so fucked up, I can't see it being fixed in time.

How did Other Ocean not pass a standard rubric for game design?
You'd think they would have at least made a side-by-side comparison to other versions...
They clearly have no guys testing a fighting game, But all the other stuff like the messed up psn names etc, is just stupid.

Boke1879

That's an incredible fuck up. No denying how bad that ends up being for them.

I highly doubt by years end it'll be an issue for people. Sony still has SFV exclusive and people will have to buy a PS4 to play it at the competitive level. Doubt their plans are hindered all that much.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Why is he "happy to announce"?

Sounds like something to say to spite Sony, seems kind of childish.

Pro players from around the world go to this tournament. Being pro is their livelihood and if they drop a combo cause the game wasn't tested probably, how bad does that make it look? People would riot.

Brannon

What if they fix the game before evo?

The game is not getting fixed before Evo. Not if it's true that they ported the PS3 version over to the PS4. And especially if Other Ocean, a.k.a. Backbone are doing the patching. They are the definition of incompetent.

I would like to be surprised, but come on. We all know Evo is going to be a 360 joint this year. Because Sony went Full Cheapass. And you never go Full Cheapass.

Blackage

Sony very well could have said "Fuck you, we gave you 500k for this tournament, you're gonna play it on PS4, it's part of the agreement."

That doesn't seem to be the case, so he's happy to announce that it is not.

Xater

Good would have sucked if people had to play the busted PS4 version.

I really hope they'll fix that port, even if it's just for the sake of the people that already bought it.

sjay1994

You are reading to much into it.

No one wants to play a broken mess of a port for a tournament.

Also, how the fuck the PS4 version passed certification, I have no idea.

Armaros

The game is not getting fixed before Evo. Not if it's true that they ported the PS3 version over to the PS4. And especially if Other Ocean, a.k.a. Backbone are doing the patching. They are the definition of incompetent.

I would like to be surprised, but come on. We all know Evo is going to be a 360 joint this year. Because Sony went Full Cheapass. And you never go Full Cheapass.

Even if they got the ps4 fixed to the point of being equal with the PS3 version (if the PS3 port thing is true)

EVO would still use the 360 version anyway since it's the current tournament version. (And better then ps3)

I-hate-u

I can't believe Sony put their word behind the freaking game that is they specifically addressed the shortcomings of the PS3 version, and have the game turn out it worse.

Its a legit legal case of false advertisement. Sorry to be blunt, but Sony deserves eggs on their faces.

virtualS

There seems to be a lot of short term thinking with these remastered ports.

Hire the lowest bidder, track record be damned.

Perhaps also there is much ignorance and apathy towards technical competence at the executive decision making level. You'd think a company like Sony would be smart enough to hire wise long term decision makers in an arm as critical to its long term success as PlayStation.

From my experience only one studio has demonstrated flawless technical prowess to port one generation up. That studio is Hexadrive. Either them, or get the original developers on board.

I can't stand sloppy or dodgy deals to the least deserving.

Xater

There seems to be a lot of short term thinking with these remastered ports.

Hire the lowest bidder, track record be damned.

Perhaps also there is much ignorance and apathy towards technical competence at the executive decision making level. You'd think a company like Sony would be smart enough to hire wise long term decision makers in an arm as critical to its long term success as PlayStation.

From my experience only one studio has demonstrated flawless technical prowess to port one generation up. That studio is Hexadrive. Either them, or get the original developers on board.

I can't stand sloppy or dodgy deals to the least deserving.

Bluepoint also has a great track record.

Top Bottom