• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter II box confirms 1st person mode and 250 page art gallery

Neoxon

I fear that Color Edit mode may be another SFxT situation where everyone picks the most annoying colors or camouflages their character into their stage of choice, which is a shame considering that I had quite a bit of fun with said mode in SFxT.

I fear that Color Edit mode may be another SFxT situation where everyone picks the most annoying colors or camouflages their character into their stage of choice, which is a shame considering that I had quite a bit of fun with said mode in SFxT.

It would be smart of them to filter that out of Ranked play or at least make it a toggle. Or have an option like some games such as VF5FS allow you to get around customizations if you don't necessarily want to see them.

El Sabroso

at least is for sprites with no bloom colors like sfxt, those models with bloom were annoying

Piccoro

This reminds me of a Dragon Ball Plug and Play system that Bandai released years ago.

nSBnJ.png

In it, you had to move your arms to perform Goku's Kamehameha.

Also, in the Dragon Ball Z ports for the Wii, you also cloud perform the special moves by moving the Wiimotes.

EDarkness

The fuck?

Motion controls are not good enough to differentiate between a hadouken and a shoryuken?

I noticed that, too. The game is only 50% complete, right? If so, I hope they figure that out. Tatsumaki looks like it triggers like it's supposed to. Looks like it could be fun, though.

MaLDo

I noticed that, too. The game is only 50% complete, right? If so, I hope they figure that out. Tatsumaki looks like it triggers like it's supposed to. Looks like it could be fun, though.

No way. Action in screen is SECONDS after he moves the controllers. And only three moves available with no aiming and no movement. Looks terrible.

This was more fun

bonus1.png

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I seriously hope they will refine the recognition that the Joycons CLEARLY offer
I can see myself play it as a "party game" with friends, in a sort of "beat the clock" challenge if so

L Thammy

Do you really think that way about the Street Fighter 3 as a whole? We got one of the most significant fighting game ports last gen in the form of Third Strike. My understanding is it was well received by the FGC. Sure we got alpha ports but not the Alpha anthology as a whole, correct me if I'm wrong. The Evo Moment with parrys is the stuff of legend in the FGC. The series has its flaws but I personally think labeling something most SF fans hate is a stretch.

Regardless of fan opinion, I'm pretty sure this is actually true.

Alpha: 1995
Alpha 2: 1996
III: 1997
III Second Impact: 1997
Alpha 3: 1998
III Third Strike: 1999

Capcom had shifted from the Alpha series to the III series, but the III series (and the CPS3 in general) weren't doing well. It's not entirely because III dropped the classic characters; arcade owners also didn't want an expensive new machine, especially one that could kill itself if mishandled. If memory serves, Alpha 3 was made specifically so that they could sell a new CPS2 game and arcade owners didn't have to buy an entirely new machine.

More importantly, I hope we can rename characters a la CVS2's colour edit. So we can change Balrog's name to Mike Tyson and Blanka's to Pikachu.

BuggyMike

Motion controls at their finest here with all those many seconds of latency. I hope it's the devs at fault here.

Lol. To be fair though arms seems to have some fidelity to it's motion controlls. Could be on the devs end. Hope this is part of the whole "50% done" thing.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No one likes III because it gets rid of the classic characters. (That and being a 2D game in the 2D sucks era and being on an unpopular arcade board and having its home console version on unpopular hardware.)

L Thammy

This mode ruins the rest of the game for me. Hope they release some virtual console SF2 version as I'd prefer getting that.

If you're interested in the rest of the game, can't you just... you know... not play this mode?
90% of the people who do play this will probably touch that mode all of once anyhow. What's the difference?

No one likes III because it gets rid of the classic characters. (That and being a 2D game in the 2D sucks era and being on an unpopular arcade board and having its home console version on unpopular hardware.)

3.3 and 2X are still tournament material. Zero 3 not as much.

Many players are in love with 3.3.

Top Bottom