• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves new pics

MrNyarlathotep said:
I'm guessing Ether_Snake is European, and most of you complaining about his edit are American, because I can see where he's coming from with his edit.

It's well known that Europeans (particularly northern Europeans) have a different palette reference than America does (Europe has a bluer 'colder' tint, America has a redder 'warmer' one) just because of the amount of sun we actually get.

Having said that, Uncharted being set nearer the equator should be using a redder palette, even if it then looks more 'unrealistic' to northern europeans.

he's canadian, i think :p

btw, are you italian? i remember seeing your nickname on another forum :)

Goldrusher

MrNyarlathotep said:
I'm guessing Ether_Snake is European, and most of you complaining about his edit are American, because I can see where he's coming from with his edit.
I'm European and his edits look like shit.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
MrNyarlathotep said:

It's well known that Europeans (particularly northern Europeans) have a different palette reference than America does (Europe has a bluer 'colder' tint, America has a redder 'warmer' one) just because of the amount of sun we actually get.

Having said that, Uncharted being set nearer the equator should be using a redder palette, even if it then looks more 'unrealistic' to northern europeans.
Doubt that, I think his edits were mostly aiming for a more muted and less saturated palette, aka the next-gen idea of "realistic graphics". Give me more color plzkthxbye.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
FirewalkR said:
From Evan Wells' Twitter:

OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIMMEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEFERRED RENDERING AND MANJUICES ALL OVER MY SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEskofier

Neo Member
There are some more Screenshots on this site:

More Screenshots of Uncharted 2

395x224.jpg

395x224.jpg

DEskofier

Neo Member
I know these screens are dated, but still: I can find these nowhere else on the net and especially not in this thread, so I thought you'd be interested as well ;D

zoukka said:
The surprise is graphics related? wat.

I highly doubt that the kotaku "surprise" is related to the new graphics tech.

What tech did KZ2 and R2 have that Uncharted didn't?
Did R2 have per object motion blur? That would look great.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
whenever I see this thread I expect new info

alas

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
captscience said:
I highly doubt that the kotaku "surprise" is related to the new graphics tech.

What tech did KZ2 and R2 have that Uncharted didn't?
Did R2 have per object motion blur? That would look great.
They both use G-Buffers.
My next kitten is gonna be called GBuffer.:lol

bridegur

The only graphics-related surprise I can imagine would be something along the lines of 3D glasses-type stuff, like Sony was showcasing recently with Gran Turismo.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
bridegur said:
The only graphics-related surprise I can imagine would be something along the lines of 3D glasses-type stuff, like Sony was showcasing recently with Gran Turismo.
I thought of this earlier, but forgot to post it. It could be kinda interesting.

FirewalkR said:
Hey, at least there's new teasing!
sold!

Jtrizzy

I bet it's the particle effects. You can see that they've improved in a few of the screen shots. K2 was incredible in that regard.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
bud said:
is this going to have multiplayer?
Who cares? This is not what defined the first and it's the dumbest thing that keeps being brought up with this one. If it has co-op then fine but if not then it will certainly not make the game less great.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
The one true complaint was the lack of rag doll physics on nose hairs. The cell can render many follicles, this is inexcusable Arne!

VNZ

Yeah, I loved the explosions in the first game! They're actually my favourite 3D explosions so far.

obaidr

Banned
VNZ said:
Yeah, I loved the explosions in the first game! They're actually my favourite 3D explosions so far.

i am one of the biggest fans of uncharted but i must agree that Resi 5 has some of the best explosions i have ever seen even if the game sucked for me. The explosions in uncharted been good but did not have that much energy.

VNZ said:

every once in a while, my grenade blasts would appear wrong. instead of a firey blast like they were supposed to be, I would get a sphere of red/orange hexagons. took me out of the immersion for a sec, it was like Assassin's Creed/Matrix shit going on

iceatcs

AltogetherAndrews said:
It had better have co-op
No! RE5 almost destroy by AI partner. Play it better is with anyone online co-op (if they are good). Not fair for SP hardcore.

Co-op is rarely success, therefore own co-op levels like R2 or specialize design for co-op like L4D are better of.

AKS

pseudocaesar said:
I hope for better explosions, thats the only thing on my list. They ruined an otherwise perfect game.

The explosions "ruined" Uncharted? That's a bit over the top if you ask me.

This game had better fucking have all the things I want to none of the things I don't or ND fucking failed what could have been a great sequal. My opinions are very fucking important, and as someone who isn't envolved in making games in any way, I think I would fucking know best :mad:

iceatcs

AKS said:
The explosions "ruined" Uncharted? That's a bit over the top if you ask me.
Don't worry, that is graphics whore syndrome. One minor weak graphic can cause a whole gameplay for them.

bud

LiquidMetal14 said:
Who cares? This is not what defined the first and it's the dumbest thing that keeps being brought up with this one. If it has co-op then fine but if not then it will certainly not make the game less great.

i'm so sorry. hopefully you can forgive me.

i didn't know what i was thinking when i posted that.

Top Bottom